What happens with the debt now Sir Jim has completed his buy-in?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Sheikh Jassim was AI-generated so just ask chatGPT for further info on their alleged plans for United

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
The Sheikhs bid seems to have been a bit of a Michael Knighton attempt with the getting on the pitch to do keepy ups
No idea why he's compared to Knighton who always went out of his way for publicity (and still does), when Jassim is completely the opposite. I suppose it is his desire for privacy and lack of publicly available info that actually fuels the ridiculous fake sheikh thing.

But there is more than enough info about him in serious media like the Financial Times to know he is a serious player. And you only have to see details of the high profile (and no doubt expensive) team of advisors who arrived at Old Trafford to know it was a serious bid:
https://www.unitedinfocus.com/takeo...jassims-chosen-nine-two-foundation-president/

Will have cost 10s of thousands in fees for bankers, lawyers etc just to get as far as they did.

Obviously I have no idea whether he would have delivered on all his promises and it's irrelevant now anyway.
Same goes for Sir Jim of course but I'm pretty happy with the way he is going about things so far, still lots we wait to see about how stadium will be financed with this huge debt already in place though.

Last edited:

ForeverRed1

Not sure how a £1bn of debt and American vulture capital owners makes us a traditional club with a soul but if it helps you sleep at night then keep dreaming

This club has ALWAYS been about its lows as much as its highs and that’s what makes it beautiful. I love this club personally for ALL of its history, not just when it’s been at the top and winning everything. This chapter in its history has been a dark one for sure but I would still call us authentic and traditional, personally.

It’s not the clubs fault that the glazers were even allowed to buy us on debt. It should never ever of been allowed to happen in the first place.

Man united was around long before the glazers and it will be around long after. They do not define us. They will not define us.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
This club has ALWAYS been about its lows as much as its highs and that’s what makes it beautiful. I love this club personally for ALL of its history, not just when it’s been at the top and winning everything. This chapter in its history has been a dark one for sure but I would still call us authentic and traditional, personally.

It’s not the clubs fault that the glazers were even allowed to buy us on debt. It should never ever of been allowed to happen in the first place.

Man united was around long before the glazers and it will be around long after. They do not define us. They will not define us.
Exactly. 77 was great following a recent relegation (obviously opponent helped :)), 93 was made better by the wait and two decades of taking crap from Liverpool fans… this one (and it will happen) will be similar.

On the debt, posted this in another thread, it’s basic but..

Debt in itself isn’t a bad thing for a business that is using debt wisely… making it work to make money/improve. Debt’s an issue when a business can’t afford it and/or the debt servicing restricts other areas of spend that are important or could see noticeable improvements in revenue (well, cash and profit really).

The issue was we misspent the money we had, took loads out for the Glazers and mismanaged what should be (is) a fantastic business.

Jim (Berrada) won’t misspend, there’s an embargo on dividends for 18 months min and Jim/his appointments will improve the business across the board.

We’ve still got to manage FFP (unlike some clubs) so if it takes debt to say.. improve/rebuild the stadium, that’s fine if (1) it’s manageable (2) it doesn’t prevent something more important. And apart from players, I can’t see anything more important because the stadium needs sorting and if done properly, will bring in more revenue which will reduce/negate debt servicing.

And it’s Jim. His business experience, success, wealth and access to so many other strings massively outweigh the Glazers. It’s like going from a lazy, nowty, farm horse to Red Rum.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

I actually agree with most of that but then surely this extends to any owner in which case your original post makes no sense

RedRocket9908

Glazers still own most of the club. Debt is going nowhere.
Without clearing the debt the club simply cant afford to build a new stadium or even revamp the existing one, the already reports a loss every year do further debt to cover the stadium costs simply isnt sustainable.