What if the corona pandemic had happened in previous seasons? Let's take a look!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
So while I'm deprived of football I've decided to look at the table from each Premier League season after the majority of teams played 29 games to see what would have happened if the league was scrapped.

Aston Villa win the first ever Premier League!

Manchester United win the second Premier League and first title after 27 years!

Just like in real life Blackburn win the league in 1995

Newcastle win their first Premier League title in 1996, if only Geordies, if only...

3 years later, United win their second Premier League title.

United with back to back win title wins, no title for you yet Mr. Wenger

3 in a row! Treble winners? Perhaps...

And now 4! Can United stop winnng?

No! That's 5 in a row for Ferguson and United. Also Ipswich Town in 3rd would have played in the Champions League qualifiers!

and now 6! We could have been so dominant!

Wenger (if he were there) finally wins the league!

The invincibles still happen in 2004, Arsenal are now a back to back title winners

Mourinho wins his first season in English football

Just like in real life Chelsea dominate the mid 2000s

United back to the top in 2007 with Ronaldo and Rooney

No double for United, Arsenal and Wenger win their third title in 2008. What could have been Arse fans?

United manage to win the title once again.

No title for Ancelotti, United rightly win it in 2010!

3 in a row once again for United!

No Agueroooooooo in 2012! United 4 in a row

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Sir Alex bows out with 5 title wins in a row.

2014 and Gerrard doesn't become a laughing stock as Chelsea win and Mourinho gets a 3rd title

Back to back title wins for Chelsea, Mourinho has a 4th title in this alternate reality

Leicester shock the world and win the title!

Conte wins the league

City win their first league title.

and Guardiola wins again for a second time in a row. United would've qualified for the Champions League.

Title winners
Manchester United: 13
Chelsea: 5
Arsenal 3
Manchester City: 2
Aston Villa: 1
Newcastle: 1
Blackburn: 1
Leicester: 1

So, United still end up on 13 titles but go through longer spells of consistently winning the league. Chelsea and Mourinho end up with more title. Arsenal have more recently glory, City only have 2 title wins. Aston Villa and Newcastle can also call themselves winners.

Can't be bothered to look at the what ifs with relegation, I might do that later.

Last edited:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
:lol:If this is still the first few days of you quarantining, I'm intrigued to see what you will be coming up with by the time this virus is supposed to be peaking in June.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
:lol:If this is still the first few days of you quarantining, I'm intrigued to see what you will be coming up with by the time this virus is supposed to be peaking in June.
Well I did think about doing a "let's pretend the spurs game is happening thread" so just imagine how ridiculous it will get after 2 weeks. I'll probably be posting from a padded cell come June.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Well I did think about doing a "let's pretend the spurs game is happening thread" so just imagine how ridiculous it will get after 2 weeks. I'll probably be posting from a padded cell come June.
Maybe we could have a 'live' 90 minute draft game of the Spurs match. We'll all join you in the padded cell.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm just laughing at Liverpool being in 16th.

It must have been a living nightmare being a Liverpool fan all this time. No wonder they're basket cases.

ti vu

Leicester to be relegated in 14/15 if they decided to take thing as is at 29 games! There would be no Leicester miraculous title winning season of 15/16. Do the right thing and cancel the league this season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
:lol::lol::lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
One thing I realised is that Eric Cantona would've only won 2 titles in this alternate reality.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Just think if this had happened this time last year & they decided to void all football leagues & cup competitions right across Europe. City wouldn't have won the league, we wouldn't have nabbed number 6, & you lot wouldn't have had such a miserable summer.

Life's a bitch sometimes :D