What stupid change will ETH make today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottynaldinho

Given that we had arguably our best performance of the season against a too side last time out. How do you expect Erik Van Gaal to tweak the lineup today to make it worse?

I think he'll bench Mainoo and Eriksen and start with Armabat and McTominay. It's not possible for ETH to not have a brain fart 2 games in a row, right?

Revan

Assumptionman
McTominay is the most obvious one. But hopefully he sets the same team as against Villa (maybe a switch in defense cause Evans is 35), and we convincingly smash them. We are long due a convincing big win and this looks like a good opportunity to build from our previous match.

Chumpsbechumps

I think its important for you whingebags to open these threads regularly.

It is healthtier that you can all release that pent up rage from the Villa game throughout the day.

If we win today, I suggest one of you start a "this doesnt change anything, ETH is still sh*t" thread so you can release more anger between now and the FA cup game..

Good work, carry on.....

Dannn411

Mctom and Antony back in and he will say rest or rotation is the reason.

Herman Toothrot

Please just play with one number ten. Please. No Crash McTominay, not today, not unless we really need to chase a goal. Please, Erik, the same side, please.

By all means make a fuss about which centre back uses what foot, I'll give you that like I give my little brother the xbox controller that isn't plugged in so he thinks he's doing something.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Given that we had arguably our best performance of the season against a too side last time out. How do you expect Erik Van Gaal to tweak the lineup today to make it worse?

I think he'll bench Mainoo and Eriksen and start with Armabat and McTominay. It's not possible for ETH to not have a brain fart 2 games in a row, right?
Aye, something along those lines and we struggle and lose again today….thats the absolute end of him in my mind.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

It is healthtier that you can all release that pent up rage from the Villa game throughout the day.

If we win today, I suggest one of you start a "this doesnt change anything, ETH is still sh*t" thread so you can release more anger between now and the FA cup game..

Good work, carry on.....
Don’t give em ideas!

SER19

Strange thread, given theres a matchday thread to discuss possible line ups and so on, it feels more like a random thread to criticise ten hag. Id be interested to see stats on how often hes changed a winning team. Last season the constant criticism of him was his lack of rotating and changes.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance

I don't watch a lot of Forest. I didn't realise they play a high line. Obviously the same team and approach will win the day.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
ETH only very rarely changes a winning team. Which makes this thread particularly stupid. But yeah, barring injuries it will almost certainly be the same lineup.
I'd not put it past him at all to swap out Eriksen for Mctominay,because Eriksen doesn't seem to fit the baffling midfield tactical plan, and ETH definitely holds tactical set up in higher regard than individual performances. Even when the tactics very clearly don't work.

Just like he'll chuck Bissaka back on the bench and stick with Dalot if Shaw is fit. Or how he'd rather screw around with his entire defence than put either Maguire or Varane on the side he doesn't prefer them.

Pronewbie

Peep
Obviously he played McT because this team sorely needs goals, and that's what McT provided. It wouldn't have been good man management if he simply dropped McT.

Now there are reasons to play the likes of Mainoo, Eriksen and possibly Amrabat ahead of him. Sad to say but Fred, for all his deficiencies, was a better fit for the way ETH wants to play. An energetic 8 who can play box-to-box.

I wouldn't be surprised if we find a stupid change in hindsight though. It's an away game after-all.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Good work, carry on.....
ETH only very rarely changes a winning team. Which makes this thread particularly stupid. But yeah, barring injuries it will almost certainly be the same lineup.
Not directed at the OP in any way (I don’t know their posting history) but yeah, seems a few of our supporters get more upset, than happy, when we win. Which is absolutely bonkers.

Revaulx

Good work, carry on.....
I’m extremely sceptical about ETH, and am equally sceptical about us getting a result this afternoon/evening.

I also endorse your sentiments 100%. The number of “fans” wanting the team to fail so they can say I Told You So on the internet is really depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.