When we start back what do you expect from Pogba ? What do you hope for from Pogba if that is different to expectations ?

Stig

With the season about to restart and surely Pogba will be fit - what are your expectations about where we will play him, how we will play him, how he will actually play ? What would you like to see ? What do you actually expect to see ?

swedishgloryhunter

With the season about to restart and surely Pogba will be fit - what are your expectations about where we will play him, how we will play him, how he will actually play ? What would you like to see ? What do you actually expect to see ?
I think him with fred and bruno in front. He will be amazing against spurs, i think him and Bruno together will be a good match. They have the technique to play fast attacking football and let fred be the cleaner. It might even be bruno on the right wing with mct, fred and pogba in front. Im excited, but it might also be the fact that there has been no football for so long.

Reactions: Sultan

el3mel

I hope he'll be a good bench option for whenever we want to rest Bruno.

Garry Buck

I just hope to God Ole doesn’t play him as a DM on the return otherwise we are in trouble. He takes to many risks and loses the ball far too often in dangerous positions.

tjb

i hope that he is ready to stick to and accept one specific role. Now he will not be over stretched in midfield, so there should be no excuses for lack of consistency. My other hope goes towards Ole rather than Pogba. We have a lot of creativity and strength in that midfield. At the moment, due to the lack of creativity that we had in midfield, we had to recycle possession. My hope is that he does two things: Play a little more direct, as we have the steel in AWB, McGuire, Shaw, Mctominay, Pogba and Bruno to recover balls in midfield. We are not the best passers as a team, but we have a lot of strengh, stamina, pace and now the creativity. We can afford to force battles in midfield. My second hope is that our midfieders, rather than our full backs, support the wingers more actively. AWB is the best defensive full back in the game and Shaw on form is also really good. They can provide the occasional overlap to give us options, but we really should accommodate their strengths, given how good they both are defensively. In addition to that, Pogba and Bruno are very creative and Mctominay is good at carrying the ball. We would be more effective in attack if the midfielders provided the support to the flanks rather than our wingers having little support from their fullbacks. We do not have to be like most teams.

predator

Youth NITK
I think we are in for a spectacle tbh. The link up play between pogba and bruno on paper should be as good as it gets in world football. Whoever plays infront of them must take their chances though and I imagine they will get many with pog and bruno together.

Champagne Football

I don't think he'll go straight into the first XI. He hasn't shown enough desire yet to be good enough fir the first XI. I think he'll come on to replace Bruno in tight games after 70 mins, and in games we are are expected to cruise in he might start. Obviously he can earn a spot in the first XI through showing a different attitude to the one he's shown for past 4 seasons so far.

Bondi77

Start him on the bench and bring him on late in the game to give either Bruno, Macca or Fred a rest.
Start him in the Europa games and see where we go from there.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Individually, i expect him to preform like he always has. He's fit, has been training and seems to be in good spirits. The obvious thing is the potential of a partnership with Bruno, which on paper is just ridiculous. Those two should be able to run circles around opponents. Add a Fred, McT or even Matic in some cases, and that midfield looks brilliant.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
You’ve got to feel for the people expecting him to start on the bench. You simply don’t put your best player on the bench when he’s fit and rating to go. Pogba will start alongside Bruno and I think Fred and will yet again put in excellent performances which many people will gloss over because they don’t like him.

Quinzaine

People who think he'll start on the bench are out of their mind. First player on Ole's team sheet if fit.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
You’ve got to feel for the people expecting him to start on the bench. You simply don’t put your best player on the bench when he’s fit and rating to go. Pogba will start alongside Bruno and I think Fred and will yet again put in excellent performances which many people will gloss over because they don’t like him.
I've started to think those people are either trolling or simply don't understand how Ole plays his team. So far Ole has opted for a 10 and a pivot in midfield which when the season started was composed of Pogba and Scott while out 10 was Lingard/Perreira. Bruno essentially just replaced Lingard while Pogba resume his role in that Pivot like how we started the season with one of the other 3(Scott, Fred, Matic) partnering him. It's that simple.

The difference from the team that started the season is that the team is infinitely better with Bruno instead of Lingard or perreria.

And as for the people saying Pogba needs to be benched and prove himself over Fred, Scott or Matic, I feel like they don't deserve to be taken seriously.