Who will be next youth boss?

Member 104911

Giggs doesn't want it, think Tommy Martin will take over for the time being, not sure who will take over permanently.

Sid234

Maybe try to bring Scholes in? He was helping Butt with the U19's back in the Moyes season

khoazany

There's hardly any candidate out there with comparable achievement at this level and managers who already managed first team out there would not find this job attractive. Usually in this situation the manager of the lower level will be promoted but McKenna has just joined us recently so it's tricky. We have Peacock who used to managed England U17s and won two U17s WC with them so might be time for him to step in? I'd be tempted for Peacock to takeover the U18s manager role since he seems to work well with players that age and promote McKenna to bring some life to the U23s setup.

Champagne Football

Southampton seem to have a good record at producing young talent. Maybe we should just poach their U23 coach Martin Hunter. Maybe Marcel Bout and Butt fancy bringing someone in from abroad.

Mark Pawelek

I'd be tempted for Peacock to takeover the U18s manager role since he seems to work well with players that age and promote McKenna to bring some life to the U23s setup.
Surely U18s are more 'important'?, so 'best' manager should go there. Because U18s are boys transitioning to men, & this is the time when some can go astray (e.g. Ravel Morrison). Why not Peacock for U23s?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Giuseppe Baresi wouldn't be a bad shot. He's been working in Inter's youth ranks since forever and he was Mourinho's no 2 during the treble run.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can't see Jose wanting Giggs back. I don't think we should be looking at actual managers as much as genuinely great youth coaches.

I think Mourinho's recent comments about "player culture" will be taken into consideration. It's important these players are coached to have the right mentality from a young age.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
BUTT'S UPDATE ON HUNT FOR NEW RESERVES BOSS
Nicky Butt has revealed Manchester United are currently interviewing for the permanent post of Reserves coach, but says the Reds are determined not to rush into an appointment.

The club's Head of Academy has taken over the stewardship of the team on an interim basis following the departure of Warren Joyce to the senior team's FA Cup fourth-round opponents Wigan Athletic.

Butt oversaw a fabulous 1-0 win at rivals Liverpool on Monday night and has clearly embraced the role. However, when asked by MUTV at Anfield if he will soon make way for a new man, he joked: "Well, I thought it might come from my boss and not you asking me already!

"It's something we're looking at and something we've got to get right. It's a very important age group to manage and look after. It's the last step into the first team or into different clubs to try to make a career.

"It's important and we're going through the process of having interviews. Hopefully, pretty soon, we'll have someone in mind who comes along. We don't want to make it a rush job and get the wrong person in."

Butt, of course, has a wider role within the Academy structure at United and the famed Class of '92 graduate is aware of his need to regain that responsibility as his sole focus.

"I wouldn't miss it," he said of the Reserves job. "My throat is gone! Every time I come to a game, I think I have got to approach it differently but I get excited and want to be part of it.

"I am enjoying it but, like I said, there's a bigger job and a bigger picture with the club to do, right from the Under-12s to the Under-23s, and it's something I'm keen to get started again."