Who will go on loan in January?

khoazany

Take your guess realistically.In an ideal world I would send the whole U21s XI out except for Pereira/Blackett.

My pick would be Pearson,W.Keane,Rothwell,Weir and Thorpe when fit.Won't be surprised if it's another deadline day rush though.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Of the first team crew: Wilson januzaj lingard Blackett pereira McNair

Acole9

Outstanding
My picks would be Lingard, Vermijl, Will Keane and perhaps a couple of other U21 players. Hopefully Michael Keane, Johnstone and James get their loan spells extended at Burnley, Doncaster and Rotherham respectively. If Powell's loan spell at Leicester gets cut short then he finds another club (I've heard Bolton is a possibility).

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
You'd imagine Rothwell and Thorpe would be ideal candidates.

Don't think we'll let Wilson or Adnan go, or etiher one of Blackett/McNair.

No point loaning out either one of Will Keane or Vermijl either, they're done here. Lingard I think will be in or around the first team squad.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If we get knocked out by Yeovil, then I imagine we'll ship out more youngsters than what we were expecting to.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The two I really want to see go out are Rothwell and Pearson. They will be turning 20 over the next few days and they really need to take that next step now if they are to have any chance of making it imo. They were both great last season and handled reserve football really well, Rothwell hasn't has as a good a season this year but I still see good talent there. I know there are some concerns about Pearson's size and he himself has even said he might not be ready but I think he is and he has come up against quite a few senior CMs in the reserves. Even a League 1 loan which I believe is below his level would be good just to give him that experience against senior players.

Tom Thorpe obviously as well but he is still injured and no idea when hes coming back and some of the other older lads like Lingard, Vermijl and Will Keane.

Sort out Andreas' contract, if he wants to go on loan then let him but keep him round if he is happy being around the first team with very limited playing time.

I'd like to see Josh Harrop as the main man for the reserves, get him to take the responsibilities and see how he does, maybe let him captain the side. Then get some of the u18 lads up like Demi Mitchell if he is back from injury yet.

Sid234

Will Keane, Tom Thorpe and Marnick Vermijl need regular 1st team football.. Lingard too, depending on whether LvG see's him still having a first team role for the 2nd half of the season.

I'd keep McNair and Blackett or loan McNair out if Michael Keane is going to return in Jan.

Clas Sified

Disagree big time.
This season? In a season where we're playing with pretty much no wingers, and where we have Rooney and Mata competing for the attacking midfield roles? Nah, Januzaj's not getting much game time unless he goes out on loan.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
This season? In a season where we're playing with pretty much no wingers, and where we have Rooney and Mata competing for the attacking midfield roles? Nah, Januzaj's not getting much game time unless he goes out on loan.
Long term, I am of the opinion he is in the plans. 6 months of not playing regular football isn't going to ruin his career. Who knows what's going to happen the rest of this season, a new signing, a departure, an injury etc, anything can change the outlook on his game time.

Van Gaal has shown that he will use him in big games, so I'm 100% sure he rates him.

Clas Sified

Long term, I am of the opinion he is in the plans. 6 months of not playing regular football isn't going to ruin his career. Who knows what's going to happen the rest of this season, a new signing, a departure, an injury etc, anything can change the outlook on his game time.

Van Gaal has shown that he will use him in big games, so I'm 100% sure he rates him.
By plans, I meant for this season. LVG has developed so many big players, I agree that he probably sees the potential in Januzaj. But this season, it would be more beneficial for Adnan to go on loan.

khoazany

A bit against the bandwagon but IMO Janko should be loaned out if we want to improve him as a footballer.His decision making needs a lot of honing.With his power and physicality he would cope well with the Championship.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
A bit against the bandwagon but IMO Janko should be loaned out if we want to improve him as a footballer.His decision making needs a lot of honing.With his power and physicality he would cope well with the Championship.
I was going to say him too but then thought he could probably do with some more time in the reserves, especially playing at RB if that's where we see his future. He certainly has the physicality so its whether we think a loan or staying here would be better for his technical improvement. Personally I'm still not sold on him, physical presence can only get you so far and I think he is lacking in regards to technical ability and reading the game. Of course he is only young and can still improve a lot but I don't see that potential. I think like Valencia, he may just not have that ability.

khoazany

I was going to say him too but then thought he could probably do with some more time in the reserves, especially playing at RB if that's where we see his future. He certainly has the physicality so its whether we think a loan or staying here would be better for his technical improvement. Personally I'm still not sold on him, physical presence can only get you so far and I think he is lacking in regards to technical ability and reading the game. Of course he is only young and can still improve a lot but I don't see that potential. I think like Valencia, he may just not have that ability.
Never been a fan of him but if he turns out to be as good as Valencia this season it wouldn't be that bad.Personally I think senior football would certainly help him to read the game better and make better decision.Too many headless chicken moments when playing U21s football.Either him or Love needs to go on loan it's a waste to keep both of them since only 1 will play.

LR7

I hoped Pearson would be in LvGs plans but I've seen nothing to suggest that's the case so far. I love him. I hope he goes on loan. He could add a lot to plenty of Championship clubs, even PL clubs but I imagine those lower down will want the "PL proven" stamp of approval as they battle to stay up.

khoazany

Presume these been no moves so far. Bit baffling really isn't it?

I know Liverpool have sent out 3 or 4 kids already. Not like there would be a shortage of takers either.
Most of the Championship managers have a very short-term approach so I doubt they even finalised their list of potential loan targets.

khoazany

The Yeovil game pretty much confirmed that Pearson,Rothwell,Thorpe,Vermijl,W.Keane and perhaps Janko need to go on loan asap.

Sid234

The Yeovil game pretty much confirmed that Pearson,Rothwell,Thorpe,Vermijl,W.Keane and perhaps Janko need to go on loan asap.
Andreas might be going out on loan too? or he might have been injured.

He was on the bench for the last few PL games, so i doubt LvG it's down to Anderson being ahead in the pecking order at the club.

peanuthead

Thorpe, Vermijl and Pereira, maybe Rothwell as well. Personally I think Thopre and Vermijl should be sold there's just too much competition for their positions at the moment and its best they move on for their own good.

Acole9

Outstanding
Thorpe and Vermijl are surely pending a sale or a loan too ?
You would've thought they'd both leave on permanent deals. Vermijl is of the age where he needs first team football and he definitely won't get that here. As for Thorpe I never really rated him anyway, we just let a better defender in Michael Keane leave the club.

mo0

As for Thorpe I never really rated him anyway, we just let a better defender in Michael Keane leave the club.
the FA Youth Cup winning captain and one of the best ball carrying CBs at the club?

i'm not going to argue the release of Keane being strange, nor compare the two as they're different types of players, but to say you "never really rated him anyway" is an awfully hyberbolic throwaway remark.

khoazany

So the first 3 in my prediction was spot on (even in order)!Who else will head out before the window closed?

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Who else will head out before the window closed?
Hopefully McNair and Blackett will go out and play regular football and Thorpe to be promoted to the first team.
Lingard as well probably as there will be no place for him in our current system unless LVG is not playing a back 3.