Why is Richard Arnold getting a free pass from the fans?

Yorke to Cole

What? It's just a picture of them 2 looking off camera? What's the context?
Sorry, I should have written. It was a photo taken of them whilst in Barcelona, negotiating a fee for a player that never wanted to join. It my memory serves me correctly, it was approximately week 6 of a 13 week process that ended in failure.

Before people say Barcelona were the ones at fault. Murtough and Arnold should never have got themselves reeled in.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Sorry, I should have written. It was a photo taken of them whilst in Barcelona, negotiating a fee for a player that never wanted to join. It my memory serves me correctly, it was approximately week 6 of a 13 week process that ended in failure.

Before people say Barcelona were the ones at fault. Murtough and Arnold should never have got themselves reeled in.
I'm no fan of the clowns in question but I actually find this hard to believe. Not even these buffoons would've have wasted so much time if there hadn't been encouragement from Frenkie's side. There's definitely some rewriting of history from him and his PR team imho.

Last edited:

Woodzy

What does he even do? At least Woodward provided some comic relief with his adorable little face.

Amir

What does he even do? At least Woodward provided some comic relief with his adorable little face.
Well, he shouldn't be doing much that we as football fans notice, unless he's involved a lot with the footballing side. Which he should not be.

Having said that, he's that one that needs to create the footballing structure that will handle itself well and will allow him to do his own thing in the business end. The attempt to do appears to have been very poor.

ti vu

I'm no fan of the clowns in question but I actually find this hard to believe. Not even these buffoons wouldn't have wasted so much time if there hadn't been encouragement from Frenkie's side. There's definitely some rewriting of history from him and his PR team imho.
Barcelona gave the green light for us to talk to FDJ. With our manager used to coach FDJ at Ajax and speak the same language, it may give false hope that ETH could have persuade FDJ when Barcelona did their best trying to put him out of the door. Still very amateur from Arnold to tell a few fans on camera about club transfer dealing.

roseguy64

Barcelona gave the green light for us to talk to FDJ. With our manager used to coach FDJ at Ajax and speak the same language, it may give false hope that ETH could have persuade FDJ when Barcelona did their best trying to put him out of the door. Still very amateur from Arnold to tell a few fans on camera about club transfer dealing.
Think you might have told them stuff too if they came around your house/planning to come around.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
I'm sure 'our people' were talking to 'his people' behind the scenes in addition to the official stuff. Off the record chats will doubtless be going on in the agents/players world all the time I expect. Totally agree about Arnold's poor attempt to be liked. No surprise though.

Hughie77

Complete tool of a man.. he's just another yes man to the Glazers

garelo

Leave this man alone, he's said he won't intervene with football matter and leave it to football people. He's been doing good job commercial wise with adidas extension deal, got new shirt sponsor, and provided extra funds for manager.

Fergie himself was not immune from allegations of this nature. This thread from 2002:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/sir-alex-accused-of-indecent-assault.2838/
im old enough to remember every man united personel was accused of every indecent act in early 2000's, just imagine if social media existed back then? the mob mentality is harmful to society.

van Nistelrooy

Leave this man alone, he's said he won't intervene with football matter and leave it to football people. He's been doing good job commercial wise with adidas extension deal, got new shirt sponsor, and provided extra funds for manager.
Hello, Richard. Any update on the sale or are you that clueless too?

Redstain

Because it's the same issue that defined the old era the wrong and unqualified individuals in influential positions in the hierarchy. So when the club announces change, gullible fans lap it up but when you assess the semblance of impact, there's absolutely nothing substantial.
Said it back then in business you can only measure change by outcome, I can say something a thousand times and it doesn't translate until it coincides with action and the efficiency of action determines the result.

The club promised all of this nonsense with briefing the media and nothing actually changed (manager running the show, uninspiring director, scouting doing nothing different). Now the results are bad fans are catching on. You can't give time to this current structure because it will only compound incompetence. Whole lot needs to go and it doesn't excuse of the manager of his responsibilities either.