Wigan DS vs United Reserves

IanDangerously

vs

Wigan Development Squad vs Manchester United Reserves FC
Tuesday, February 21st, 2pm.
Robin Park ArenA, Wigan

Anybody going? I assume it'll be on MUTV and then repeated later in the evening for people who can't watch it live.

Hans Moleman

"It looks like Ryan Tunnicliffe may be playing for our Reserves tomorrow even though he is still on loan at Peterborough"

"Tunnicliffe is allowed to play for his contracted club as he is on a youth loan at the moment"

lysglimt

Scout
"It looks like Ryan Tunnicliffe may be playing for our Reserves tomorrow even though he is still on loan at Peterborough"

"Tunnicliffe is allowed to play for his contracted club as he is on a youth loan at the moment"
Same as King then ?

ehsanul

Bestower of favours

How has his form been for Peterbrough? Its look like he is not getting that many minutes to play.

IanDangerously

Looking forward to seeing Tunners, I'm a fan of him. I think we'll put our strongest side out and go clear at the top of the league, hopefully with another storming performance like Newcastle a few weeks back. We beat this lot 4-1 back in November and they looked average that night when Ravel Morrison ran the show and scored two. i'm looking for Davide and Jesse to step up and do it this time.

Probable MUFC line-up:

1. Sam JOHNSTONE
2. Marnick VERMIJL
3. Ezekiel FRYERS
4. Michael KEANE
5. Michele FORNASIER
6. Ryan TUNNICLIFFE
7. Larnell COLE
8. Paul POGBA
9. William KEANE
10. Davide PETRUCCI (c)
11. Jesse LINGARD

Apparantly this isnt on MUTV?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
. Johnstone. De Laet. Fryers. Fornasier. M. Keane. Brown. Vermijl. Tunnicliffe. W. Keane. Petrucci. Lingard

Subs. Thorpe. Coll. Giverin. Massacci. Veseli

lysglimt

Scout
. Johnstone. De Laet. Fryers. Fornasier. M. Keane. Brown. Vermijl. Tunnicliffe. W. Keane. Petrucci. Lingard

what is it with us and defenders on the bench....surely we have one attacking player we can put there ?

cj_sparky

Ten defenders in a sixteen man squad, that's crazy. :lol:

IanDangerously

Club website is right for once ... what a load of trash that was!

Went down to Wigan to watch it, looked to be about 100 people there with it being a daytime game. Wigan's team were just bigger than ours and it kinda felt like watching a skillful team playing Stoke where they get totally stifled. Wigan had a shot cleared off the line by Fornasier (I think) and forced a double save from Sam Johnstone. Keano should've won it late on after Lingard tricked the defense and played him in but it was saved. Tunners looked solid, Petrucci had occasional flashes of brilliance but aside from that uninspiring. Vermijl does look half decent playing further forward though, wonder if we'll start to see more of him on the wing in midfield than at right back where he's been so consistent this season. De Laet's return has kinda pushed Marnick up the field.

The ground was cold, the match was tedious, the linesman was flag-happy, the game was played at a leisure centre, and the pitch had more holes than all the prostitutes in Amsterdam combined. Do yourselves a favour and avoid the "highlights" if you can!