Will we finish above Aston Villa?

Qwertymanutd

we are going under #10.. are you still believing that we are in 4?
out of 10 would be more reasonable.

cyril C

I still think we’ll finish above them. They’ll drop of if they get deep into the Europa
No offence but this must be the most stupid statement I can imagine. We will at best finish at 7th, no way Villa will drop below 6th. Newcastle, West Ham etc all play like a team, we are not. Our players aim for the shower room ASAP.

CallyRed

Will we finish above Chelsea is more of an appropriate question now.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
No offence but this must be the most stupid statement I can imagine. We will at best finish at 7th, no way Villa will drop below 6th. Newcastle, West Ham etc all play like a team, we are not. Our players aim for the shower room ASAP.
No offence to you but did you read when I put this? A lot can change in weeks :lol:

Hughie77

No.. but could get 5th if we get our best striker back from Spain.. but

Banana Republic

Will we finish above Chelsea is more of an appropriate question now.
Good call.
They're only 6 points behind us and that gap could change rapidly over the next few games.

Will we finish above Everton.
Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t right now
Despite their lowly position, Everton have scored 4 more goals than us and conceded two less.
Obviously from that, their goal difference is better too.
If it wasn't for the 10 point deduction, they'd be 2 points behind, as we've won one more, against one of their draws.
That's where we are. No better than current Everton standard !

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
These threads are always perfect forum fodder as statements look brilliant or ridiculous depending on the week. Long ol' season chaps.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bournemouth must be on your tails now. They have still that spare game at home to Luton at some point in next two months.

Martinez4midfield

Supports
Ajax
100% I often in my head look at the opposing side and ask who would be good for United but this Villa team, I just don't see it. West Ham has Bowen and paqueta but this Villa team has to be the most average mid table team I've ever seen. The fact they've spent anytime in the top 4 is mind blowing to me.

Dominos

We have no European football and no League cup for the rest of the season.

If we had stayed within a few points of top 4 and get all our players back from injury in January and hit a relatively injury free run, top 4 would still be salvageable.

Unfortunately, 8 points behind Villa and potentially 8 again behind Spurs if they win their game in hand, we've left ourselves too much to do given we're still struggling with injuries and we're just as likely to fall even further behind as we are to gain ground. Would it surprise anyone if we lost to Forest away in the next game? I might even describe it as likely.

Doracle

100% I often in my head look at the opposing side and ask who would be good for United but this Villa team, I just don't see it. West Ham has Bowen and paqueta but this Villa team has to be the most average mid table team I've ever seen. The fact they've spent anytime in the top 4 is mind blowing to me.
Martinez in goal and Bailey on the RW. Agree though. It’s unlikely that they stay top 4 by the end of the season.

Dominos

Yes. Both Villa and Spurs drop away and us and City both finish in the top 4. It’s obvious.
It's not that obvious considering we're literally dreadful in most games, and every other game has you questioning whether the players have given up and are just waiting on the manager to be replaced.

We're literally 14th in xPTS. We're lucky to be where we are.

RedIan

So far this year we have been so bad, zero consistency. Great win tonight but easy to get carried away. Beat Forest away next and then we can start to believe again.

Red00012

We have no European football and no League cup for the rest of the season.

If we had stayed within a few points of top 4 and get all our players back from injury in January and hit a relatively injury free run, top 4 would still be salvageable.

Unfortunately, 8 points behind Villa and potentially 8 again behind Spurs if they win their game in hand, we've left ourselves too much to do given we're still struggling with injuries and we're just as likely to fall even further behind as we are to gain ground. Would it surprise anyone if we lost to Forest away in the next game? I might even describe it as likely.
That’s the spirit

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Looks like you were right about this bit. When do you think it will start impacting them in the league?
When the European comp is actually being played probably.

Anyway I assumed the Utd injury crisis would subside. It didn't. I still expect the Villa fall off, wouldn't be so confident Utd are in a position to take advantage but stranger things have happened.