Wot a signing? - Summer 2024 edition | Don't get too excited :(

I'll never forget the 2001 transfer window. Probably my favourite transfer window as a United fan even though it was, at the time, officially SAF last season in the dugout.

When does the transfer window officially opens?

When does the transfer window officially opens?
June 14 for domestic transfers, July 1 for free transfers and most international transfers.

Keep in mind all this means is that players can officially be registered after this point - in fact, FIFA's TMS site explicitly refers to transfer windows as "registration periods". It doesn't mean much in terms of actual transfer activity. Recruitment staff at clubs aren't sitting around twiddling their thumbs outside these registration periods.

Link to the official calendar on the FIFA site

June 14 for domestic transfers, July 1 for free transfers and most international transfers.

Keep in mind all this means is that players can officially be registered after this point - in fact, FIFA's TMS site explicitly refers to transfer windows as "registration periods". It doesn't mean much in terms of actual transfer activity. Recruitment staff at clubs aren't sitting around twiddling their thumbs outside these registration periods.

They are at United :mad:

Okay thanks, so it's fair to say the club could agree on deals for a target when ever they want and beyond?

Yup, that is correct

Any idea why we don't agree deals before the opens of windows?
It has to be 2007 when we signed Nani and Anderson that we made such deals, correct me if am wrong

I feel like now would be a good time to leak a transfer target through reliable sources, to take the attention away from the Ten Hag stuff

Also is it a bit weird how no team seems to be seriously linked with anyone? I know “the window isn’t even open yet” but there are usually rumours by now

I think @Adnan might quit if we actually sign two forwards and no mids :lol:

Hey, atleast we're fixing the CB situation.
I honestly will, Teja. It's becoming a joke now and the midfield along with the CBs has to be improved so we can control games at a high level.

I don't see why this wouldnt be possible in this transfer window;

Release: (save a tonne in wages)
Varane
Martial
Evans
Eriksen
Williams

Sell:
Maguire £25-30m
Lindelof £15m
AWB: £15m
Shaw: £25m
van de Beek £5m
Casimero £35-40m
Greenwood £35m
Sancho £40m
Hannibal £10m

Total: £195 - 200m

Buy:
Frimpong £50m
Yoro £50m
Inacio 45m
Kerkez £35m
Neves £65 + 10m addons
Ricci £35m
Olise £55 + 5m addons
Jonathan David £50m

Total: £385m + 15m addons

We get rid of 13 players and bring in 8. (out of those 13, 4 didnt play for us this season apart from Sancho for a few games)

Thats a net spend of about £185m, which should be within our spending limits considering just 4 of those players we get rid of would save us about £1m a week in wages. With Olise coming in, I'd even sell Antony but have left him off the list as I really cant see any buyers or the new owners willing to take such a huge hit.

Also consider that the £385m doesn't all have to be paid at once, it would be spread over several years. Helping keep within FFP.

I might be over simplifying this and the values ofcourse wont be exact, but genuinly feel this is achievable.

Varane
Martial
Evans
Eriksen
Williams

Sell:
Maguire £25-30m
Lindelof £15m
van de Beek £5m
Casimero £35-40m
Greenwood £35m
Sancho £40m
Hannibal £10m

Buy:
Frimpong £50m
Yoro £50m
Inacio 45m
Kerkez £35m
Neves £65 + 10m addons
Ricci £35m
Olise £55 + 5m addons
Jonathan David £50m

We get rid of 13 players and bring in 8. (out of those 13, 4 didnt play for us this season apart from Sancho for a few games)

Thats a net spend of about £185m, which should be within our spending limits considering just 4 of those players we get rid of would save us about £1m a week in wages. With Olise coming in, I'd even sell Antony but have left him off the list as I really cant see any buyers or the new owners willing to take such a huge hit.

Also consider that the £385m doesn't all have to be paid at once, it would be spread over several years. Helping keep within FFP.

I might be over simplifying this and the values ofcourse wont be exact, but genuinly feel this is achievable.

So we get rid of our entire CB line (excluding injured Martinez) and bring in only Yoro and Inacio?

Varane
Martial
Evans
Eriksen
Williams

Sell:
Maguire £25-30m
Lindelof £15m
van de Beek £5m
Casimero £35-40m
Greenwood £35m
Sancho £40m
Hannibal £10m

Buy:
Frimpong £50m
Yoro £50m
Inacio 45m
Kerkez £35m
Neves £65 + 10m addons
Ricci £35m
Olise £55 + 5m addons
Jonathan David £50m

Cash flow and FFP are two completely separate issues

So we get rid of our entire CB line (excluding injured Martinez) and bring in only Yoro and Inacio?

I did think we were a little short in CB. Adarabioyo would have been perfect on a free transfer but thats not happening now so Evans staying wouldn't be a disaster.

It would be Martinez, Inacio and Yoro challenging for the main CB pairing and Evans/Kambwala getting the scraps. Thats 5 CB's in total.

I honestly will, Teja. It's becoming a joke now and the midfield along with the CBs has to be improved so we can control games at a high level.
Considering how clueless the media have been about the manager situation, why do we even bother with the transfer rumours?

If these are the players the club is looking at, then it's already over.

Olise, who can't stay fit for more than 5 minutes, and Branthwaite, who Everton will want a king's ransom for. Calvert-Lewin... uhh...?

Also, going into next season with no LB apart from Shaw and Malacia will see a repeat of last season. No CM would be shocking.

Hope this is not true. Plenty of other talent across the world.

Considering how clueless the media have been about the manager situation, why do we even bother with the transfer rumours?
Agreed mate. Hence I don't really bother with transfer gossip as much anymore.

I did think we were a little short in CB. Adarabioyo would have been perfect on a free transfer but thats not happening now so Evans staying wouldn't be a disaster.

It would be Martinez, Inacio and Yoro challenging for the main CB pairing and Evans/Kambwala getting the scraps. Thats 5 CB's in total.
You also think we could spend net 200m

Varane
Martial
Evans
Eriksen
Williams

Sell:
Maguire £25-30m
Lindelof £15m
van de Beek £5m
Casimero £35-40m
Greenwood £35m
Sancho £40m
Hannibal £10m

Buy:
Frimpong £50m
Yoro £50m
Inacio 45m
Kerkez £35m
Neves £65 + 10m addons
Ricci £35m
Olise £55 + 5m addons
Jonathan David £50m

This isn't Football Manager.

Varane
Martial
Evans
Eriksen
Williams

Sell:
Maguire £25-30m
Lindelof £15m
van de Beek £5m
Casimero £35-40m
Greenwood £35m
Sancho £40m
Hannibal £10m

Buy:
Frimpong £50m
Yoro £50m
Inacio 45m
Kerkez £35m
Neves £65 + 10m addons
Ricci £35m
Olise £55 + 5m addons
Jonathan David £50m

BUY BUY BUY. SELL SELL SELL!

Any decent players entering the last year of their contract who have previously played in the Eridivise?

Not even joking, that's where I'd start with our likely transfer targets. Athletic say that a CB, CM and ST are the 3 key targets.

Any decent players entering the last year of their contract who have previously played in the Eridivise?

Not even joking, that's where I'd start with our likely transfer targets. Athletic say that a CB, CM and ST are the 3 key targets.
Leny Yoro, Jonathan Tah, Olivier Boscagli, Conor Gallagher, Mikel Merino as well as Ivan Toney and Jonathan David
to name a few.

Varane
Martial
Evans
Eriksen
Williams

Sell:
Maguire £25-30m
Lindelof £15m
van de Beek £5m
Casimero £35-40m
Greenwood £35m
Sancho £40m
Hannibal £10m

Buy:
Frimpong £50m
Yoro £50m
Inacio 45m
Kerkez £35m
Neves £65 + 10m addons
Ricci £35m
Olise £55 + 5m addons
Jonathan David £50m

Absolutely crazy. It’s not as simple as this.

Prioritising a left-footed CB and right winger over midfielders would be ridiculous but very typical of this club.