Would you sell Jadon Sancho this summer? And do you think he will be sold?

Alemar

Maybe this season is the season ETH style of play clicked and he will be one of our key attacking force like in Dortmund.
But how likely is that? Style may click, but in order to become a key attacking force, Sancho needs to be a regular starter.

Striker position is out of question, so either LW, RW or AM:
LW - Rashford, Garnacho
RW - Antony
AM - Bruno

He is highly unlikely to bench Rashford and Garnacho, Bruno always plays, so his only chance is to bench Antony (and Amad) on the right. But he doesn’t bench Antony without being effective in pressing and defence contributions - ETH requires it. I don’t even mention the fact that Antony is ETH’s most expensive purchase

That said, RW is still the only position where there is probability of him winning a regular starting role (Antony doesn’t score or assist enough to be untouchable, and Amad may very well lose competition to both)

Last edited:

Woziak

We will transform into a more possession based club playing higher up the field with the signing of Onana, I think we give him 6 months in the new season and make Antony know as well they are both competing for that right wing position, neither is guaranteed as the starter and then we sell the worst of the two and bring in an absolute baller like K Cohman or O Dembele or the next big thing on the right wing inverted striker position.

davidmichael

Sky Germany are reporting that Dortmund are interested in taking Sancho back there.

BorisManUtd

We will transform into a more possession based club playing higher up the field with the signing of Onana, I think we give him 6 months in the new season and make Antony know as well they are both competing for that right wing position, neither is guaranteed as the starter and then we sell the worst of the two and bring in an absolute baller like K Cohman or O Dembele or the next big thing on the right wing inverted striker position.
Not a bad idea at all imo. He's had enough time to prove himself but another 6 months would be like a last chance to earn his place in the team.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Now DdG is gone Sancho has taken his place as the player with the biggest gap between performance level and wages he is collecting (or maybe he already had that place even when DdG was here).
If he had performed anywhere close to the level he has shown here under Fergie, after a few months Fergie would have told the media that he is a fecking great player and the journalists who are criticising him are idiots. And then immediately afterwards he would have sold him.
He either steps up big time in real matches (no doubt he will have a great pre season as he loves low / no-pressure games), or we sell him in 6-12 months with a huge loss and still paying most of his wages.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Some men are capable of performing on a big stage.
Other men get stage fright. I'm afraid Sancho falls into the later category.
Dortmund is the right place for him, but no doubt, we'll hang on to him, even though we know he isn't suited to MUFC.
I can't think of any big name signings who failed in their first 2 years at the club, then succeeded afterwards.
I actually expect Sancho to perform worse, next season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sky Germany are reporting that Dortmund are interested in taking Sancho back there.
I bet they are. He was incredible for them.
But no doubt they're trying to do it on loan, or for £20m or something ridiculous.

Unless we're considering bringing another attacker in, we're probably best giving him one more season.