WSL 21/22 | United v West Ham - 12:00 on Sun 1st May

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Last home match of the season and it would be good to go out on a high. Qualifying for the CL is still mathematically possible but those "draws that should have been wins" make it unlikely now - we're relying on City to slip up and that's unlikely.

According to Marc Skinner, everyone is fit "except for the long-term injuries." I'm assuming that means everyone except Millie Turner and Aoife Mannion. Bruun did train this week for example, so maybe we'll see her. It would be nice to see a couple of the U21s as well - but we may just have to settle for them parading their trophies :D

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Would've liked to see some changes, but we have some good options on the bench at least.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Some nice football played and we're worth our 2-0 lead at HT.

But I really hope we don't defend like this against Chelsea. The combination of some dodgy positioning when defending and over enthusiasm for intricate passing when we've got the ball round our own area is scary against West Ham. I really don't want to see it repeated against Kerr and co.

United_98

Pasting over from Newbie forum :)
My Sabbatical in United starts today (did walk around OT, Hotel football after my 18 hour flight)

But today, it’s my first game in this trip
Always wish to experience the travel with United fans + local stadium experience. The small trip to Leigh Sport village is perfect.

Bumped into fans from US, Norway on my way, talk to many United fans and even our players. They all ask “18 hour flight for this? Or the men’s game?”

I would say it’s everything United, but the trigger point is always FA youth cup final.

South stand, nice view to appreciate Mary Earps’ control of tempo, distribution and leadership.

As a United football programme collector, the among of autograph plus the conversation with all our players, making this my top collection!!

That’s better than 92 FA youth cup or 99 final, all those I only het it from eBay. This one is the start of my two weeks sabbatical, my United trip.

Can’t post video here, if you are interested can follow my Instagram at marcus_sancho1025.

looking forward to tomorrow, final home game of the men’s team.

time to get some sleep and recover from my jetlag

Reactions: Rood

MUW4Eva

This is honestly great to read, it really is!!

Thank you for posting this, I for one really appreciate reading stories like this.

Your dedication to the team is amazing, I am delighted that you really enjoyed yourself at the women's game, and got the autographs that you wanted.

That is one area of the women's game that I really love, the chatting to the players, the autographs and the photos.

It might only be a quick word or two to a person, but that could mean sooooooooo much to that person, so I love it, I really do, it makes everything sooo much more personal, and the connection between the fans and the players is really just that a true connection, that sadly you just don't really get with the men's side.

I hope that we can see you at more women's games in the future, and who knows, hopefully we might bump into each other doing so!

United_98

This is honestly great to read, it really is!!

Thank you for posting this, I for one really appreciate reading stories like this.

Your dedication to the team is amazing, I am delighted that you really enjoyed yourself at the women's game, and got the autographs that you wanted.

That is one area of the women's game that I really love, the chatting to the players, the autographs and the photos.

It might only be a quick word or two to a person, but that could mean sooooooooo much to that person, so I love it, I really do, it makes everything sooo much more personal, and the connection between the fans and the players is really just that a true connection, that sadly you just don't really get with the men's side.

I hope that we can see you at more women's games in the future, and who knows, hopefully we might bump into each other doing so!
Not easy to do the same trip again, tbh...
Never say never, but might at least wait another 2 years?

$$$ is an issue and this is the first time I am 2 weeks away from work in my whole life haha
That's why I try as many thing as I can during this trip.

Btw... do anyone know for Museum can we visit unlimited times?
Wonder anyone interested to do the stadium tour together, I would like to film as many shots as I can.

Say, wear a suit, pretending I am the manager, holding a shirt in front of the ground.

MUW4Eva

Not easy to do the same trip again, tbh...
Never say never, but might at least wait another 2 years?

$$$ is an issue and this is the first time I am 2 weeks away from work in my whole life haha
That's why I try as many thing as I can during this trip.

Btw... do anyone know for Museum can we visit unlimited times?
Wonder anyone interested to do the stadium tour together, I would like to film as many shots as I can.

Say, wear a suit, pretending I am the manager, holding a shirt in front of the ground.
Ahh yeah, money is a very understandable reason.

I wouldn't mind going on the stadium tour to help out, I love going on it, I haven't done so in a good while myself actually!

Love seeing all of the trophies, and the history of the club.

Either way, whenever you do come over again, I wish you the very best of times!

United_98

Ahh yeah, money is a very understandable reason.

I wouldn't mind going on the stadium tour to help out, I love going on it, I haven't done so in a good while myself actually!

Love seeing all of the trophies, and the history of the club.

Either way, whenever you do come over again, I wish you the very best of times!
Are you sure? That would be awesome if you will be around for the tour!!

MUW4Eva

How about May 7 (Sat) 10:20am?
I am ever soo sorry, but that is just a bit too close, I have a few things on that day that I just can't get out of.

Still I hope that you enjoy yourself.

Last edited: