WSL 21/22 | West Ham v United - 7:30 on Wed 16 March

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I know we're all feeling a bit grotty right now - but I'm going to mention the F word. Yes, that's right there's a football match on tonight and United will be playing.

The only news on the injury front is that Bruun and Moore may be ready to join the squad, at least to be on the bench. Turner, Mannion, Staniforth and Ladd are not yet back in normal training, so they are still weeks away.

Match is live and free to view (in most countries) on FAPlayer.

Spurs did not do us a favour against City - did anyone really think they would :smirk:

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike

There's no Thorisdottir in the matchday squad, meaning we only have one recognised CB. I'm trying to figure out how this XI is going to line up. Is it Blundell partnering Caldwell in defence with Galton at LB? Or will Zelem drop back into CB with Groenen and Boe Risa in midfield?

On the bright side, Moore is on the bench so we could her get her debut.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
There's no Thorisdottir in the matchday squad, meaning we only have one recognised CB. I'm trying to figure out how this XI is going to line up. Is it Blundell partnering Caldwell in defence with Galton at LB? Or will Zelem drop back into CB with Groenen and Boe Risa in midfield?
That would be my guess. I was worried about us not replacing Amy Turner at the start of the season, but even I hadn't expected us to be so unlucky with centre backs. Ladd was always the emergency CB option, as well as a being key to the midfield defensively. Losing Turner, Mannion, Ladd and now Thorisdottir at the same time really hurts. Fingers crossed Caldwell stays fit.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
We looked better in the last 10 mins but our best chance fell to Toone early on. She really should have scored from the pass by Galton. Zelem is at CB, but she's still taken more corners than made tackles. Hopefully it stays that way in the second half as I think this defence will struggle if put under pressure.

muller

Assume there’s no chance of a stream around for this, not televised I guess?

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Holding on a bit at the moment. I don't think we've created anything since the goal.

Lightbringer

All those lost leads :-( I wont be able to sleep now. Darn it.

But the team is messed up with all the injuries anyways. Kind of the mass injuries we had last season. But now on defense.

We´ll have to win all the remaining games now, even away to Chelsea.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff

But the team is messed up with all the injuries anyways. Kind of the mass injuries we had last season. But now on defense.

Yep. Disappointing result. We worked hard to get that lead, then lost momentum. From about 70 minutes, it looked like we were playing for time - and not doing very well at it.

We always knew that we were going into the season with a thin squad, but it's been the near misses - the late goals given away etc that have really stung. Frustrating.

Grande

Aah, feck! Lots of bad margins atm. We can hardly afford that hunting the annoying three.

croadyman

Aah, feck! Lots of bad margins atm. We can hardly afford that hunting the annoying three.
Yeah top 3 was blown when we couldn't take full advantage of City's injury crisis back in the first half of season