WSL 22/23 | West Ham v United | Sun 25 Sept at 3pm

phelans shorts

I think Millie Turner might get a few this season.
She really should have scored just before half time, with Zelem’s delivery you’d expect actual centre backs to chip in a few for sure. I do wonder if we’ll see Turner left out on a few occasions and play it safe at times with the nature of her injury. We should actually be able to do so with Le Tissier, Mannion and Tounkara.

RomfordRed75

I went today and thought we were very good and should have had 2 or 3 more. I was impressed with Zelem and Garcia. Toone was poor and seemed really pissed off after the game when speaking to her family (who were standing next to us).
United fans were fantastic as well.

Reactions: Rood

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I missed the match today because I was travelling. Pleased to see the result and it sounds like another solid win. I admit I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't convert more of the possession to goals but in a season where we've already seen Chelsea and City get beat in their opening match, I'll take the three points and be happy.

Also pleased that it sounds like Ona and Lucia haven't let the trouble surrounding the Spanish team upset their form for us. It must be a really stressful situation for them.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
I went today and thought we were very good and should have had 2 or 3 more. I was impressed with Zelem and Garcia. Toone was poor and seemed really pissed off after the game when speaking to her family (who were standing next to us).
Good to hear that you got to the match. Did you end up registering with West Ham and buying a ticket online or did they have tickets at the ground?

RomfordRed75

Good to hear that you got to the match. Did you end up registering with West Ham and buying a ticket online or did they have tickets at the ground?
Unfortunately I had to register with West Ham, now I keep getting emails for Conference League tickets!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Lovely pass from Maya le Tissier. From another defender I might think it was lucky but she's done a few of those already for us. She's already an exceptional player and she's young enough that this is just the beginning.

Beautifully finished by Lucia Garcia as well. Lovely control and she shrugged off the challenges to do it. Really pleased for her.

MUW4Eva

Annoying that, and it gets repeated up and down the country.
Yeah, I am still getting messages from Notts County, from when I registered to get an England ticket from them a while back, there should be a much easier method than the current one.

As for today's game, I tried to keep an eye on it, as I was at a Valencia veterans game today, so was only able to partially watch it, and I thought from what I did see, we played well, and we're unfortunate to not have scored more.

So far, so good this season so far, Le Tiss should definitely get the Signing of the Season award, she has been fantastic!

Zelem has so far created 11 chances, more than anyone else, from any other side, so she is carrying on her excellent form of last season into this one, except hopefully this time around she will be played in her more natural position.

Having Millie Turner back is a godsend, she is a truly outstanding player, we truly have a top class CB partnership, I wouldn't swap it for Arsenal's, Chelsea's, or anyone else's.

Next up Villa in the cup, it will be very interesting to see if Marc rotates for this game, as there is a bit of a break after it for the Brighton game....

Grande

Interesting to hear live impressions. Is both Toone and Russo maybe a bit impacted by the EC elation?

MUW4Eva

Interesting to hear live impressions. Is both Toone and Russo maybe a bit impacted by the EC elation?
Perhaps that could be the case, although Earps seems fine, she hadn't really looked below par, as far as I can tell....