WSLCup 22/23 | United v Sheffield United - 12:00 Sun 18 Dec

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Last match of the group stage. We're out but it's still a game that has to be played.

We're not back in match action until mid-January, so a chance for a bit of a Christmas party before the break?

Not sure what the team will look like for this. Similar to the Everton cup match perhaps - using the squad and a few first team players, but no youngsters? Or will we see Skinner mix it up a bit.

Lightbringer

Ok. I'm trying to be reasonable but I don't get this lineup at all :lol:

At least Toone, Russo, Earps have (I assume) been given an extra week off.
Battle capain again, she desperately wants to play and Skinner wants to stroke her ego by making her captain? :D

Lightbringer

2-0 Leon and she celebrates, NOT AT ALL :D

wonderful link up play between Williams & Garcia

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Adriana Leon gets her second and it's 2-0. Nice to see. Her form for Canada had been great this year but we've scarcely seen her, not even as a sub.

We've had most of the ball and could be further ahead.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
FT and it's 4-0.

Solid win, shame we screwed up the earlier matches in the group stage with draws and penalty losses.

Nice to see a couple of the young ones get a run out as subs and good to see Leon, Garcia and Tounkara playing well today.

Lightbringer

Grim :lol:

Oddly enough it's warming up as the day goes on and will be 10c overnight having been 0c for the match!
Well, its been alternating between -10 and -20 here in sweden this week so, I guess its not cold in Manchester anyway :-) I´ve played games at -20, that was cold.

Whos jojojos player of the match? Since you are at Leigh you should award a women of the match every home game. You are such a trooper, the club should be thankful! I am! For everyone that goes to Leigh and on the road to support the team.