Xavi (Spanish Lego Pep) | Barca manager - and will be next season

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He also makes some strange team selections sometimes. Lewandowksi and Ter Stegen bailed them out lots of times last season and this season but he always favors other players instead of Lewandowski.
Ter Stegen is injured and Lewandowski is the biggest reason why they're crap. He's been absolutely pathetic, with a good striker they'd be right up with Madrid and Girona

Raphinha was a good option on the right and barely gets a sniff now
He's inconsistent and they can't afford a player of his style who is inconsistent

Felix and Ferran are being while they’re not really good
Only other alternative is 16 years old. And already looking like their best forward too

he keeps interchanging Kounde and Araujo at RB.
Araujo at "RB" is specifically an anti-Vinicius move, otherwise he usually plays in the middle
And why does he play Oriol Romeu so much???
Who else is there?

GlasgowCeltic

I don’t know if he’s the problem but to me he has a serious attitude problem. He spends his time complaining about everything and doesn’t seem to ever question himself.

He also makes some strange team selections sometimes. Lewandowksi and Ter Stegen bailed them out lots of times last season and this season but he always favors other players instead of Lewandowski. Raphinha was a good option on the right and barely gets a sniff now, Felix and Ferran are being while they’re not really good, he keeps interchanging Kounde and Araujo at RB.
And why does he play Oriol Romeu so much???
Lewa is washed mate

Nori-

Klopp would be the perfect replacement but his "I'm tired" argument then goes out the window and he looks bad.

Can't see it happening.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Similar situation to us really - it’s bigger than the manager. I reckon Xavi could’ve gone in there immediately after Pep and just kept those plates spinning. But they’re a mess these days.

Last edited:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Can't judge him until he has his own first-choice players in every position and at least 3-5 years to get them adapted to his style of play
That's how the argument goes, right?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Similar situation to us really - it’s bigger than the manager. I reckon Xavi couldn’t gone in there immediately after Pep and just kept those plates spinning. But they’re a mess these days.
Unlike us, they don't have negative goal difference and sit in eight place. They also won their CL group and Xavi thinks it's not good.

We could be fighting relegation and half of people would argue our manager isn't at fault.

Zed is not dead

Ter Stegen is injured and Lewandowski is the biggest reason why they're crap. He's been absolutely pathetic, with a good striker they'd be right up with Madrid and Girona

He's inconsistent and they can't afford a player of his style who is inconsistent

Only other alternative is 16 years old. And already looking like their best forward too

Araujo at "RB" is specifically an anti-Vinicius move, otherwise he usually plays in the middle

Who else is there?
I know Ter Stegen is injured but last season and also before his injury, Xavi was really bailed by Ter Stegen and Lewandowski.
Lewandowski might not be as good as last season but he is still better than all their other forwards.
Raphinha is inconsistent I agree, but there’s a difference between this and throwing a 16 yo. He’s injured now so it doesn’t even matter.

I’ve seen Araujo play several games at RB, not only against Real.

Anyways all the points I made were to showcase that Xavi didn’t even try to build on what made him successful last season.

Zed is not dead

Unlike us, they don't have negative goal difference and sit in eight place. They also won their CL group and Xavi thinks it's not good.

We could be fighting relegation and half of people would argue our manager isn't at fault.
Have you watched la Liga this season? I used to love watching it but this season the overall level is very very low.
Apart from Real, Barca, Athletic Bilbao and Sociedad, all the other teams are a version talentless version of the prime shithousery of Atletico

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I know Ter Stegen is injured but last season and also before his injury, Xavi was really bailed by Ter Stegen and Lewandowski.
Yeah, last season. What does that have to do with this one?
Lewandowski might not be as good as last season but he is still better than all their other forwards.
No. He is quite literally their worst player, and the single biggest reason for their struggles

Raphinha is inconsistent I agree, but there’s a difference between this and throwing a 16 yo. He’s injured now so it doesn’t even matter.
Yes, the 16 year old has consistently outplayed him

Anyways all the points I made were to showcase that Xavi didn’t even try to build on what made him successful last season.
He couldn't because the things that made them successful last season aren't there anymore. What he could have tried to do was change things up, and he tried some, but ultimately he's got a very flawed squad, ridiculous pressure and expectations, a hand and a half tied behind his back when it comes to playing style and tactics, and oh yeah, the guy they pay 20M a year to score goals and win them games has turned into Andy Carrol, but crap

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think one of the problems is the lack of harmony with Laporta, who is gradually increasing his dependence on Mendes.
I think I read that Cancelo or Joao Felix were not to his liking.
Ferran, Raphinha, Romeu are not Barcelona level, Lewandowski is finished, Pedri always injured...
Now he seems unhinged blaming referees and press.
Even winning the league he arrived at Barcelona at a bad time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Yeah it's the media's fault you won't be the next Fergie.
Not to defend him but yeah. Guardiola took that job looking like a young, energetic and hopeful lad, with a full head of air, and left 4 years later bald, looking like a broken, 65 year old war veteran with ptsd

That job is insanity

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Have you watched la Liga this season? I used to love watching it but this season the overall level is very very low.
Apart from Real, Barca, Athletic Bilbao and Sociedad, all the other teams are a version talentless version of the prime shithousery of Atletico
They are still third, and they top their CL group, while we are behind the likes of Brighton, Aston Villa, and out of every other competition. No comparision whatsoever, while Xavi quits, our manager gets excuses every week.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Ummm….. Girona?

bakalhau

Messi finished, Ronaldo finished, Lewa finished, Modric soon to be finished.. we're entering a strange new era and I don't like it.
Lewa has been a question mark in my head though, like I really wonder the whole context with him. Messi, Ronnie, Modric, was a very slow, gradual decline, Lewa fell off a cliff in a flash.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Lewa has been a question mark in my head though, like I really wonder the whole context with him. Messi, Ronnie, Modric, was a very slow, gradual decline, Lewa fell off a cliff in a flash.
The guy is 36 in August, its amazing he held on this long. We all point to Ronaldo and to a lesser extent Ibra (who actually was finished at 36, albeit down to his injury at United), but other than them who is there? It just doesn't happen. Those two aforementioned guys are two of the biggest names in the history of the game in terms of athleticism and longevity and even they were finished at the top level by 36-37.

Blood Mage

Probably the best CM of all time but I don't see much potential in him as a manager sadly. What a fecking player though, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets as a midfield three will never be topped.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I think we already entered a Mbappe and Haaland era.
Kind of a boring era tbh. Haaland is incredibly average on the ball. Mbappe has a relatively weak club career at the age of 25. I think they won’t be the successors as people had imagined. Ronaldo/Messi was some lightning in a bottle stuff.

Stadjer

Call me an old fart at 27, but I just don't think they hold a candle. It will be a very, very long time before we see two players like Ronaldo and Messi at the same time ever again, let alone guys like Modric, Xavi, Iniesta, in the supporting cast..
I think every generation says that. The even older people on this forum are often daydreaming back to the glory days of football when there were real defenders like Stam, Nesta, Rio and Maldini. Proper midfielders like Roy Keane, Viera, Zidane and Nedved and proper strikers like Henry, Real Ronaldo and Batistuta :lol:

I do agree with Messi, we wont see someone like him for a while but Haaland has the look of the new Ronaldo with his goalscoring, physical attributes and dedication to the game of football. Mbappe wont be the new Messi but when Mbappe goes to Real Madrid his reputation will likely improve even more. A supporting cast could potentially be Vinicius Junior, Bellingham and Mainoo/Garnacho (:wenger: just joking,i dont think they will be era defining players - maybe someone like Yamal, Musiala or Pedri will be?)

TheRedHearted

Who else is there?
Seems like going after an aging CF is not a smart move in todays world. Who woulda guessed it
Klopp would be the perfect replacement but his "I'm tired" argument then goes out the window and he looks bad.

Can't see it happening.
He’s the perfect replacement for Ancelotti, not really for Barcelona. De Zerbi is the perfect replacement for Xavi, they even look alike!

Ancelotti who just signed an extension so even if it’s just one more year and a half it gives Kloppy his perfect break.

Xavi to Leverkusen, Xabi to Liverpool
De Zerbi to Barca, kloppy to Madrid, Ancelotti to Brighton, Pep to Spanish national team, all of a sudden De zerbi quits barca to go to city, zidane to the French national team.
I doubt it. The finances will be key though but they’ll still have a pull even if they turn in to a Spurs for a while.
Wouldn’t Jassim just buy them?

Stadjer

Kind of a boring era tbh. Haaland is incredibly average on the ball. Mbappe has a relatively weak club career at the age of 25. I think they won’t be the successors as people had imagined. Ronaldo/Messi was some lightning in a bottle stuff.
Maybe but Real Madrid seems to have a good chance at having multiple era defining players. Dont think you would find that boring. Endrick could even turn out to be one of those era defining players if he is as amazing as people/football manager claim.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Really nervous about Barca having an opening. You can be almost certain they will go for the best guy available and it will be ETH.