Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

This looks fun!
Looks fun. Nothing new or innovative, but looks like there's been a focus on gameplay. How good it is will depend if they can find the right balance of when you're progressing the story vs doing the side stuff, and if they can have a strong story despite that (I doubt it)

Need to make sure the open areas don't feel lifeless and it's just open for the sake of being open, so interesting to see what they do on that front.

The frustrating thing is that this style of campaign is so suited to co-op play, and that's not in from launch! in the long run it's there so it's not a big deal, but definitely frustrating.

BristolRuss

The frustrating thing is that this style of campaign is so suited to co-op play, and that's not in from launch! in the long run it's there so it's not a big deal, but definitely frustrating.
I was initially a bit bummed by that, but now I'm actually quite glad. I love my mates dearly, but playing with them online can be..... frustrating at times. Trying to play Sea of Thieves with them is a nightmare as they tend to immediately attack anybody they spot :lol:

So this way I can go through the campaign solo and fully enjoy it before we start our co-op campaign (which will no doubt be chaos) next year.

Fully Fledged

Anybody planning on playing The Forgotten City? I played the mod it was based on years back on Skyrim and loved it. Now it's been released as a much improved standalone game. It's been out on steam for a while but is coming to game Pass Thursday. I might give it a go as the only thing I have to lose is time.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Is £679 a good deal for Xbox Series X Fifa 22 an elite controller and 3 months game pass?

Dan

Anybody planning on playing The Forgotten City? I played the mod it was based on years back on Skyrim and loved it. Now it's been released as a much improved standalone game. It's been out on steam for a while but is coming to game Pass Thursday. I might give it a go as the only thing I have to lose is time.
I’m in based on a few minutes of footage i’ve just watched.

DavelinaJolie

It has been on my wish list since it released on Xbox, I was waiting for a sale.... Don't have to buy it now!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
@BenitoSTARR checked again and they still had it, managed to get to checkout so the bairn has an Xbox for his birthday now. Cheers.

Bit more than I wanted to pay for him tbh, but it'll keep him happy. I could sell the elite controller but I'll just let him have it, then his loser mates can use the basic one when they're round :lol:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's well worth playing. Only takes 6 or 7 hours.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
@BenitoSTARR checked again and they still had it, managed to get to checkout so the bairn has an Xbox for his birthday now. Cheers.

Bit more than I wanted to pay for him tbh, but it'll keep him happy. I could sell the elite controller but I'll just let him have it, then his loser mates can use the basic one when they're round :lol:
You’re welcome.

Thing is at some point you’ll buy FIFA and the controllers are class. It’s reasonable for what you get. But the controller is the extra expense here.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Is £679 a good deal for Xbox Series X Fifa 22 an elite controller and 3 months game pass?
About right if you bought everything separate. Think the 3 months Game Pass usually comes free anyway.

SX £450
Fifa £70
Elite (assume it's Series 2) £160
£680

So not an amazing deal but not a rip off.

BristolRuss

Age of Empires 4 is really fun so far. I'm liking all of the videos that explain the story or technology of the time. They've done a great job with it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Age of Empires 4 is really fun so far. I'm liking all of the videos that explain the story or technology of the time. They've done a great job with it.
Yeah really good. Lots of nice little quality of life improvements and I like the multi-level terrain.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Yeah, I'm excited about FH5. Been playing 4 a lot and it's great. 5 looks even better.

Gives me a day or so to finish Ori. Almost ashamed to say this but, my god is hard.

Under the cutesy surface is a rock solid test. For me at least!

evil_geko

Forza Horizon 5 at 91 at MetaCritic at the moment, getting 9s and 10s everywhere.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I was trying to get all the FH4 achievements before it came out. Alas - cannot win the eliminator with no car drops, such a cnut!

DavelinaJolie

Yeah reviews are looking great, which isn't a surprise, FH4 is probably one of the best racing games ever.

Wish I'd taken tomorrow off now.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Oh shit I thought it came out next week.

Reviews aren't surprising. It's a brilliant series.

As I said.. game of the year @esmufc07

It's so much more than a 'racing' game and people who haven't played it don't get that, but it's hugely popular these days with tons of people who otherwise couldn't care less about the genre

b82REZ

It's so much more than a 'racing' game and people who haven't played it don't get that, but it's hugely popular these days with tons of people who otherwise couldn't care less about the genre
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of publications put Hot Wheels above it as racing game of the year. You know what to expect with Forza, whereas Hot Wheels is a sleeper hit.

Looks mint though. When I eventually get a Series X it'll be day one download.

DavelinaJolie

Premium edition is available tomorrow, general release is next Tuesday I believe. I bought the premium add-on using Microsoft space bucks.

I played well over 100 hours of FH4 and never got bored, I can't even say I played PGR as much, and didn't have moments where it really annoyed me, and that's an all time classic racer. FH4 is just pure fun, and that Lego expansion was the perfect addition for the game (I'm not sure how they'll top that in terms of expansions).

Argh. Wish I'd taken tomorrow off.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of publications put Hot Wheels above it as racing game of the year. You know what to expect with Forza, whereas Hot Wheels is a sleeper hit.

Looks mint though. When I eventually get a Series X it'll be day one download.
Eh? Hot Wheels was meant to be very repetitive.

b82REZ

Eh? Hot Wheels was meant to be very repetitive.
Says who?

When you boil down any racing game it's "repetitive". I'd completely overlooked it until the wave of positive reviews came out. Seems like every major publication was taken aback with how good it was and it got high scores everywhere. Because it was such a surprise I can easily see it getting the nod for racing goty. Forza is an established brand, it would have been more shocking if it didn't review well.