Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bojan11

Well it obviously isn't 'so bad' but fair enough if you don't like it and it's not for you pal

Better that way as now you don't need to spend crazy money on a controller.
What you ordering on Tuesday and where from?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
What you ordering on Tuesday and where from?
Already got a ps5 on pre order but I may well cancel it. Will be getting Series X. Probably just outright but the all access model is really tempting too since I pay for ultimate and live monthly and never jump on the deals.

Alock1

Have they made Live free now or is that just still a rumour?
Still just a rumour. I feel like they'd have announced it by now to be honest. Surely you'd want it to help with pre orders.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Still just a rumour. I feel like they'd have announced it by now to be honest. Surely you'd want it to help with pre orders.
Yeah you’d have thought. Still not bad value if you get Gamepass ultimate. Live has c.90m subscribers so you’re saying goodbye to a lot of money by making it free.

Alock1

Yeah you’d have thought. Still not bad value if you get Gamepass ultimate. Live has c.90m subscribers so you’re saying goodbye to a lot of money by making it free.
Well I'm sure gold is like a third of that number right?? But yeah definitely. Unless they can convert a high number to gamepass or are confident they can.

I guess the question is what % of people need to convert to GPU to make it worth it? It's like 3 times the price so theoretically a third if you look at pure revenue, but margin for gold must be much higher than GPU since they don't have to pay for a load of licenses.

Bojan11

Already got a ps5 on pre order but I may well cancel it. Will be getting Series X. Probably just outright but the all access model is really tempting too since I pay for ultimate and live monthly and never jump on the deals.
First game I’m playing on the Series X is a game that’s more known on the PS which is Yakuza 7. Some odd reason the PS5 upgrade is next year and series x upgrade is coming at launch.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
This elite controller experience were I think it's crap and most people think it's great reminds of my other hot take that I had the other day. That I can't tell the difference between HDR and Non-HDR.

Alock1

This elite controller experience were I think it's crap and most people think it's great reminds of my other hot take that I had the other day. That I can't tell the difference between HDR and Non-HDR.
Yeah

I actually think HDR is more noticeable than any resolution upgrade I've seen before.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Yeah

I actually think HDR is more noticeable than any resolution upgrade I've seen before.
Every time I talk about I feel like there is something wrong with my vision. I don't notice any difference.

Alock1

Every time I talk about I feel like there is something wrong with my vision. I don't notice any difference.
And it's definitely turned on on the Xbox One S/X and the lead is into a HDR HDMI socket? (I don't think all are capable?)

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
And it's definitely turned on on the Xbox One S/X and the lead is into a HDR HDMI socket? (I don't think all are capable?)
Oh yeah. It's not just an Xbox thing it's with everything!

I was reminded of it now because I'm watching a movie on Amazon prime that has 4K HDR and I swear I could not tell the difference between this and a 1080p blu ray.

Adamsk7

HDR is all over the place at the moment. Firstly, you need a TV that can pump out at least 600+ nits (ideally 1000+) AND have good black levels, either an OLED if the nits are on the lower side or a fully array LED if they are 800+
MOST tv’s under £1000 won’t give you that and in effect HDR could be making the picture worse. The TV has to also display enough of the REC2020 colour space to display a wider colour gamut too - again, means a higher end set.

then there’s the fact that quite a lot of HDR content doesn’t actually display peak brightness higher than 300-400 nits due to dodgy implementation (check out HDTV Test on YouTube, he’s currently going through a load of 4K discs and uncovering the truth) so you aren’t getting the promised highlights and improved shadow detail, however your tv is whacking its backlight to full.

So currently, on a lot of consumer sets, even good ones, with the wrong source material, SDR is going to look better

Alock1

Didn't know any of that.

I know that COD MW and Forza Horizon seem to have a noticeable impact with colour popping when HDR is on.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Jesus Christ, that's how my Switch is set up so that really gives me a sense of proportions, what a fecking MONSTER.

El General 1994

Good luck everyone for tomorrow. I managed to grab the disc based PS5 via in store GAME Walsall. Pre ordered Headset, HD camera and Demon Souls. I'll be using the PS5 for exclusives.

I'll be looking to get the Series X with FIFA 21 and COD tomorrow. I'm already on Game Pass Ultimate so I'll have plenty to play on Day one. This will be my main go to console this gen - multi plats should look better.

Bojan11

Xbox beta app lets you download any game onto your console regardless if you own them. Good for people who buy discs too as you can preload them the day before they are out.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Xbox beta app lets you download any game onto your console regardless if you own them. Good for people who buy discs too as you can preload them the day before they are out.
That’s an awesome feature! Something I didn’t know I wanted till I saw it but that would save loads of time.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

What do ya mean by Xbox beta app? On the Xbox itself? I’ve got the beta Insider app...although I’m not on the beta ring yet.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves

I used game share with a mate, was always a pain pushing downloads to a console was triggered to your 'Home' one only (which in gameshare, will always be your mates xbox).

Bojan11

1. 343 Industries: Halo Infinite

2. NEW!: Alpha Dog Games: mobile developer, known for MonstroCity and WraithBorne

3. NEW!: Arkane Studios: Deathloop, Dishonored, Prey

4. NEW!: Bethesda Game Studios: The Elder Scrolls, Fallout

5. The Coalition: Gears of War franchise

6. Compulsion Games: Contrast, We Happy Few

7. Double Fine Productions: Broken Age, Psychonauts 2, Headlander, Costume Quest, Grim Fandango Remastered

8. The Initiative: working on AAA game, rumoured to be Perfect Dark

9. NEW!: id Software: Doom

10. inXile Entertainment: Wasteland 3, The Bard's Tale franchise

11. NEW!: MachineGames: Wolfenstein

12. Mojang Studios: Minecraft

13. Ninja Theory: Hellblade 2, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

14. Obsidian Entertainment: The Outer Worlds, Avowed, Grounded

15. Playground Games: Fable, Forza Horizon franchise

16. Rare: Sea of Thieves, Everwild

17. NEW!: Roundhouse Studios: new studio, formed in Nov 2019, consisting of former Prey developers

18. NEW!: Tango Gameworks: The Evil Within, Ghostwire: Tokyo

19. Turn10 Studios: Forza Motorsport franchise

20. Undead Labs: State of Decay franchise

21. World's Edge: Age of Empires franchise

22. Xbox Game Studios Publishing: Battletoads, Flight SImulator, gears Tactics, Ori, Tell Me Why, in other words, 2nd-party publishing deals

23. NEW!: ZeniMax Online Studios: Fallout 76, The Elder Scrolls Online

DavelinaJolie

It's amazing how much you can get done when you're not the leader in the market. From simple quality of life adjustments like pre loading software, to putting down $7.5 billion to buy a huge publisher.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So I'm thinking order with Microsoft, with Amazon ready to go as backup.

Any better ideas?

Apparently ShopTo uses DPD, but I have no experience with that site.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
So I'm thinking order with Microsoft, with Amazon ready to go as backup.

Any better ideas?

Apparently ShopTo uses DPD, but I have no experience with that site.
Seems safe, I’m with you when it comes to Amazon and dodgy sellers. Argos are always a good shout aswell.