Young Red Ravel a net hit

oskarutd

FOOTBALLING wunderkind Ravel Morrison has only just turned 16 – but the Manchester United youth player has been hailed as the stuff of legend.

The fast-footed Urmston teenager is already proving an internet sensation, scoring thousands of fans logging on to see him at work – and some even think he’ll be the next Ronaldo.

St Antony’s Catholic College student Ravel was just nine when bosses at Old Trafford noted his talents.

And despite his tender age, he is already proving a rising star on the pitch with an impressive track record which has seen him speed past the likes of Liverpool and Everton to triumph for the under-18 team in recent months.

Already playing for the England under-16s, his ambition is to follow in the footsteps of the likes of Rooney and Ferdinand by becoming both Manchester United and England’s star player. But he is surprised about the praise heaped on him by United fans.

“I don’t know what the fuss is about,” said. “I find it funny.”

While Ravel plays his talents down, his efforts have not gone unnoticed among fans, 10,000 of whom have so far logged on to see what they think is Fergie’s best kept secret on video website YouTube.

After watching the clip of him in action against Chelsea, some of the fans go on to sing the midfielder’s praises, one stating he has the “skill of Ronaldo, the speed of Theo Walcott and the finishing of Ruud van Nistelrooy.”

Another YouTube user clearly thinks “he’s going to be a legend.”

While Ravel was left baffled by the comparisons to some of the club’s legendary players, he would like to follow in the footsteps of one particular star.

“I admire Rio Ferdinand,” he said. “He’s a really good player.”

She may not see much of her son at the moment, given that he splits seven days of the week between the pitch and the classroom, but mum Sharon Ryan is full of praise for Ravel.

The 39-year-old, who has two younger sons, seven-year-old Rio and five-year-old Zeon, said: “I am extremely proud of him.

“I watch him all the time on TV, though he’s never here because he goes away a lot, especially with England.

“I know he’s really good, otherwise they wouldn’t have signed him up for another three years.”

Teaching assistant Bernie White is Ravel’s mentor at St Antony’s, in charge of working with the club to make sure the teenager has time for his studies.

She said: “His talent is amazing. I go along to see him along with the other teachers and we can’t believe it.

“He is really modest about his abilities though and never shows off.

“We have a great relationship with Man United and our job is to work together to make sure he’s supported in the last academic year.”

link.