Youth/Developmental

MUW4Eva

Since MUTV are not covering this, and the club don't promote the women's youth sides, which is very disappointing, especially when you out it into context of the hype with the men's/boys FA Youth Cup run this season, and the fact that you can watch all of their games, and the Under 19's in the UEFA Youth League, and Under 23's, it is very poor by the club to not show the equivalent women's/girls games.

This season we have been on fire at youth level in the women's/girls league and cup, why there is the hesitance to promote or show anything to do with them, I have no idea whatsoever.

You would think at the very least, since the club loves harking back to it's history, that they would do so this of all years, what with Karna doing so very well, and making her first team debut in the FA Cup.

Anyway, now that I have gotten all of that off of my chest, what are other people's thoughts on our women's youth sides and the players?

Anyone think that we could see Marc perform an about face, and start to use any of them seriously next season, if so which ones?

It is a huge leap from their current level to the first team for sure, especially when you take into consideration the fact that hopefully, we will want to push on from 4th place, and get 3rd or higher, can we really do that, whilst looking to promote youth team players, or would it be better to send a few out on loan next season, although Edwards has had that spell at Blackburn, would she want to go out on loan again?

Tough questions, as one has to think what is the right level (would any get in another WSL side and get the regular first team experience that we would need them to get, to aid their continued development, or would they be best off in the Championship??), and how do we pick the right club, or is it a case of letting teams know they are available, and hoping that a team comes in for them?

I guess this is where a Director of Football would REALLY come in handy, one that knows the women's game, and has the contacts to open doors, as surely we can't be expecting Marc to do that, or do Fletcher and John M have such knowledge and contacts?? I hope so, but I really am unsure.

Just interested to see what other people's thoughts are on this, and anything else to do with the development side.

MUW4Eva

Our Under 20's are away to Everton on Sunday at Walton Hall Park, with a 1pm kick off, if anyone is interested in going.

If we beat them, then we win the league, as we have a VASTLY superior goal difference over Aston Villa.

So it should be a good game, just the sort of ideal game to show life on MUTV you would think.....but alas not, heck sadly, it isn't even on the FA Player app.

So, best to get to the ground of you want to see us winning the league title!!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

MUW4Eva

Thanks for that Jojojo, always good to have such articles on here!

I hope that we can add to that trophy on Sunday!

Grande

I’m a bit ambivalent to it, as in a way I’m sceptical about how beneficial outside attention and pre-adult hype is for any of the youth players, regardless of gender. At the same time I’m a sucker for stories about the endless promise of youth myself, so stone - glass house - etc. Anyway it’s obvious at this point that the attention given to the young girls atm can only be positive, and give both themselves and other young girls the hope of what honor may come.

Symptomatically, I’m aware of just three of the players in the youth team, and can only remember the name of Karna Solskjær at the moment of writing.

MUW4Eva

I’m a bit ambivalent to it, as in a way I’m sceptical about how beneficial outside attention and pre-adult hype is for any of the youth players, regardless of gender. At the same time I’m a sucker for stories about the endless promise of youth myself, so stone - glass house - etc. Anyway it’s obvious at this point that the attention given to the young girls atm can only be positive, and give both themselves and other young girls the hope of what honor may come.

Symptomatically, I’m aware of just three of the players in the youth team, and can only remember the name of Karna Solskjær at the moment of writing.
I get what you are saying fully, and the lack of name recognition is for large parts on the club itself.
Compare it to the men's or boys academy, if you want to know about the upcoming FA Youth Cup final team, then the info is there about them on the app, and on the website.

So is their league campaign, the same for the UEFA Youth League, and the Under 18's, whereas the equivalent information for the same level on the women's side isn't there.

Heck for a while on the app, there was a section for "Manager", and it had a picture of Ole, but not Casey or later Marc, and that was/is the first team we are talking about!

If a person did want to find out about the women's youth sides, it really would be upon them to do the digging, rather than having the information at their fingertips, as it is with the men's/boys academy.

No highlights, no live games, no information at all on MUTV, will lead to not very many people knowing about them.
For me this is THE most frustrating aspect, now please don't get me wrong here, as I am a hugely nostalgic person, and I love seeing old men's matches just as much as the next fan, however, there surely could be room on the schedule for a half hour round up show, dedicated to all things to do with the women's team, both first team, and youth team?

That would surely help to get their names out there to the public at large, as would simply adding a section on the app for them, alongside the men's/boys youth sides.

All of this shouldn't be that hard to do, the MUTV highlights show doesn't even have to be studio based, it can just be video form, to make it even easier to produce.
Just slap some quick voice overs onto the footage, and do some quick interviews to get to know the players, and bang, you have yourself a far better informed fan base about the players.

Sorry to go on about this, but this really is something that gets on my nerves, one of my pet frustrations.

Grande

I get what you are saying fully, and the lack of name recognition is for large parts on the club itself.
Compare it to the men's or boys academy, if you want to know about the upcoming FA Youth Cup final team, then the info is there about them on the app, and on the website.

So is their league campaign, the same for the UEFA Youth League, and the Under 18's, whereas the equivalent information for the same level on the women's side isn't there.

Heck for a while on the app, there was a section for "Manager", and it had a picture of Ole, but not Casey or later Marc, and that was/is the first team we are talking about!

If a person did want to find out about the women's youth sides, it really would be upon them to do the digging, rather than having the information at their fingertips, as it is with the men's/boys academy.

No highlights, no live games, no information at all on MUTV, will lead to not very many people knowing about them.
For me this is THE most frustrating aspect, now please don't get me wrong here, as I am a hugely nostalgic person, and I love seeing old men's matches just as much as the next fan, however, there surely could be room on the schedule for a half hour round up show, dedicated to all things to do with the women's team, both first team, and youth team?

That would surely help to get their names out there to the public at large, as would simply adding a section on the app for them, alongside the men's/boys youth sides.

All of this shouldn't be that hard to do, the MUTV highlights show doesn't even have to be studio based, it can just be video form, to make it even easier to produce.
Just slap some quick voice overs onto the footage, and do some quick interviews to get to know the players, and bang, you have yourself a far better informed fan base about the players.

Sorry to go on about this, but this really is something that gets on my nerves, one of my pet frustrations.
I agree with every word. :)