Youth that the media chooses to ignore

SER19

Im sort of reeling of the post match coverage today. Not to mention near ignoring the red card and just how bad this decision was, United had a decimated team today. But for a media that so often waters at the mouth about any young player (Miley yesterday prompted an outpouring as emotional as a World War 1 poem), there is no credit whatsoever given to the fact that these players, went away to the team top of the league, at the oh so famous Anfield, and put in incredibly disciplined performances. (Of course Im not happy about the overall performance, though Ill take a point).

Mainoo - 18 years old
Garnacho - 19 years old
Hojlund - 20 years old
Hannibal - 20 years old
Pellistri - 21 years old

even

Antony 23 years old
Dalot 24

This was a young united team, missing almost every senior player and the reluctance to spotlight some of these players is truly bizarre. Like I said, add it to the way that red card was covered in such a clear way to protect Oliver from any real scrutiny despite having a terrible season, really makes me resent football coverage these days. When do you hear of a young english midfielder coming in and looking so composed at anfield and barely getting a mention - when he plays for United of course.

Another day of really awful coverage from Sky, from Drurys commentary to the post match spin fest.

Fts 74

They absolutely hate us that's why it makes it so much sweeter when we do win something .

Walters_19_MuFc

Don't expect anything from the media (unless negative) when it comes to United. They're all bitter when it comes to us because they've grown up watching us dominate. However, like you said, hats off to our young players today. Did well, all things considered.

SER19

Another night tonight where Garnacho 19, Hojlund 20, and Mainoo 18 were integral for United.

Gore, Mejbri, Kambwala from bench (not to mention older academy products rashford, evans, and mctominay)

Its not unnoticed but when I remember the obsessing over arsenal blooding saka and a couple of others, there seems to be a wilful overlooking of the emergence of some very promising youth in Uniteds team, which should at least be mentioned in terms of positives to take from the season.

Get In Scholesy

Only thing going for the team at the moment. I am still of the belief the main plan is to blood the youngins through while phasing out the overpaid and underperforming first teamer’s.
In order to usher a new era.

arthurka

Another night tonight where Garnacho 19, Hojlund 20, and Mainoo 18 were integral for United.

Gore, Mejbri, Kambwala from bench (not to mention older academy products rashford, evans, and mctominay)

Its not unnoticed but when I remember the obsessing over arsenal blooding saka and a couple of others, there seems to be a wilful overlooking of the emergence of some very promising youth in Uniteds team, which should at least be mentioned in terms of positives to take from the season.
Absolutely, thought the same watching tonight. It's at least something to be proud of.

CallyRed

Integrating youth into a successful team will always get more headlines.

Pronewbie

Peep

Let them sleep.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Only thing going for the team at the moment. I am still of the belief the main plan is to blood the youngins through while phasing out the overpaid and underperforming first teamer’s.
In order to usher a new era.
We'll be watching class of '22 movies in a few years time :D