Zach Baumann

In Rainbows

He's always reminded me of Iqbal. Not very physical, but classy on the ball. You could see it from years ago.

Borninthe80ts

I wonder what his level will be in a couple of years? Definitely good on the ball and can pick a pass

lysglimt

Scout
I get the same feeling from him as I get from a lot of other players - good all-round player but not special enough to be a United-player. But could of course have a good career with a good development. I just feel the quality in the P.L is so extremely high now, that you have to stand out at younger levels to really have a chance. You almost need to be at Garnacho or Mainoo-levels to really have a good chance. And the 3 players I feel really stand out at that level in terms of pure potential is J.Fletcher, Lacey and Amass.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I get the same feeling from him as I get from a lot of other players - good all-round player but not special enough to be a United-player. But could of course have a good career with a good development. I just feel the quality in the P.L is so extremely high now, that you have to stand out at younger levels to really have a chance. You almost need to be at Garnacho or Mainoo-levels to really have a good chance. And the 3 players I feel really stand out at that level in terms of pure potential is J.Fletcher, Lacey and Amass.
The general level of the academy has improved tremendously over the last 5 or 6 years. Even the squad filler players, not necessarily saying that about Baumann, have a very good level and football foundation. This U18 side is fantastic but like you say, I can only really see Fletcher, Lacey or Amass making it, even then it's very likely to only be one of them and it's not unrealistic that potentially none of them make it.

criticalanalysis

Looks fluid with the ball and in his body movements. IF, that's a biggie if he can translate that to the senior level then he could have an interesting career.

Needs to pull his socks and get some proper shin pads though.

stealthy

The general level of the academy has improved tremendously over the last 5 or 6 years. Even the squad filler players, not necessarily saying that about Baumann, have a very good level and football foundation. This U18 side is fantastic but like you say, I can only really see Fletcher, Lacey or Amass making it, even then it's very likely to only be one of them and it's not unrealistic that potentially none of them make it.
very true and well written, even the standouts could all fall by the way side as a result of so many variables having to go in your favour, it’s very unpredictable. Those three probably are the ones with a little bit of X factor, but a few others you can imagine having the attributes to have decent careers elsewhere below the radar

Borninthe80ts

That’s the thing though for me, who would have thought Mctomiany or Lingard would have made it as far as they did in their academy age group which was pretty talented if I remember correctly. I know most of us of are aware of the variables in age grade football, so not preaching here but I’m always willing to give those guys with the good basics a bit longer. Not saying his a stand out like the rest mentioned.

Bertie Wooster

I haven't seen too much of Baumann, and what I had he seemed just a reasonably decent player with no stand out attributes.

However sounds like there's more technical ability to him than I realised so I'll take special notice of him next time he's featuring (maybe tomorrow?)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He looks another very good young midfielder that possesses the attributes that are required in the game today. I think we've got quite a few creative midfielders who look very talented in the youth teams and Baumann does look the part. It'll be interesting to see how they develop in the coming years and hopefully one or two may become first team players.

I thought Baumann was superb in the highlights below and looked a very classy player.

Ekeke

Yeah was impressed with him against Boro. Not sure about first team future compared to our other cms but looks ready to play well at u21 level

Borninthe80ts

I actually think the move deeper will suit him as it gives him more time on the ball and he can spread the play.

We do have a lot of good midfielders and although I don’t like it I think the physical development will be the determining factor in how they progress. In this I mean stamina and dynamics rather than height or strength.

He is in a category similar to Curley for me. Good on the ball but may need to find a combative element to round out his game.

Pericles

I actually think the move deeper will suit him as it gives him more time on the ball and he can spread the play.

We do have a lot of good midfielders and although I don’t like it I think the physical development will be the determining factor in how they progress. In this I mean stamina and dynamics rather than height or strength.

He is in a category similar to Curley for me. Good on the ball but may need to find a combative element to round out his game.
Curley gets caught on the ball too often and struggles with agility and keeping control when the ball is not on his left side. Baumann is more agile and nimble footed, but not as strong.

Borninthe80ts

Curley gets caught on the ball too often and struggles with agility and keeping control when the ball is not on his left side. Baumann is more agile and nimble footed, but not as strong.
Yeah I’d agree with those assessments, although I think Baumann can get caught/dispossessed similarly thus the moving him back part. It wasn’t a direct comparison of their playing styles more an example of a player in a similar situation for me.