Saeed Anwar's record of 194 broken by Zimbabwean Charles Coventry!!

zain

Believe
LMFAO!!

49.6 Syed Rasel to Coventry, 2 runs, full toss outside off, slaps it back past the bowler wide of long-off for a couple to equal the world record!!

He's made 194, the 12-year record has been equalled. Saeed Anwar got the same score against India in Chennai during the Independence Cup in 1997. Coventry should have received more strike at the end, that couple by Utseya, in hindsight, was perhaps not the right call. Coventry leads the players off the field, his team congratulates him with a guard of honour as he walks towards the pavilion.

Zim 312/8 (50.0 ov, P Utseya 7*, CK Coventry 194*, Syed Rasel 1/52) - Innings break | Live Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

LMAO! Unbelievable..he's broken Anwar's record and reaches the top of the list apparently cause he was unbeaten and Anwar was dismissed....LOL
Who would have thought?!

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
I'm fecking furious. I've seen airport runways more suited to bowling than this pitch.

Bangladesh are also missing 4 of our best bowlers.

But yes, well done and all that.

zing

Zingle balls
I read the news. Incredible, isn't it?

I've mentioned this when talking to my friends a couple of times that Anwar's record was incredibly ahead of its time. It's stood for a very long time, and in my personal opinion it still stands. He scored that against India while this guy's done it against Bangladesh.

zing

Zingle balls
I thought it'd be broken with T20's influence, but not by this guy. Sachin almost came close against NZ earlier this year.. 163 and had to retire hurt after 43 overs or something, was looking brilliant.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
I read the news. Incredible, isn't it?

I've mentioned this when talking to my friends a couple of times that Anwar's record was incredibly ahead of its time. It's stood for a very long time, and in my personal opinion it still stands. He scored that against India while this guy's done it against Bangladesh.
A Bangladesh team with four bowlers out injured, in case anyone gets the wrong idea.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Nevertheless I'm glad he only equalled the record run-wise. It'd be a shame to see Anwar's record broken in these circumstances.

And to be honest, I can see it standing for another few years at least. Remarkable feat of run scoring.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Righto, we've just chased down 312 with 2 overs to spare with Tamim Iqbal meandering towards his 155.

Tells you all you need to know about the pitch.

I'm also a lot less bitter about conceding the record now.

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
LMFAO!!

Zim 312/8 (50.0 ov, P Utseya 7*, CK Coventry 194*, Syed Rasel 1/52) - Innings break | Live Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

LMAO! Unbelievable..he's broken Anwar's record and reaches the top of the list apparently cause he was unbeaten and Anwar was dismissed....LOL
Who would have thought?!
I watched Anwar live from inside the stadium when he scored that 194. The innings was bit farce, he ran out of steam and needed a bye runner, after he had scored 60 odd runs. Azharuddin should've refused it straight away and Anwar somehow got away with that. Alan Border or Waugh would've asked Pakistan to sod off if they asked for a runner.

After the match, we had a debate like King Viv took on the likes of Bob Willis for his 180 odd runs whilst Anwar tonked the likes of Venkatesh prasad and part time spinners on a flat wicket that picked up movement when India were batting in the second innnings. In the same match Dravid's knock of 100 was more classy.

This Zimbabweean bloke deserve the record more than Anwar.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I'm assuming that this is the record for highest score in an international 50 over game?

To be honest I assumed someone had hit a double-century already.

zing

Zingle balls
I'm assuming that this is the record for highest score in an international 50 over game?

To be honest I assumed someone had hit a double-century already.
Not even anywhere near.

Highest score is 443 by SL against Netherlands.

In a more meaningful match, highest score is 438 by South Africa chasing a target of 434 by Australia(world record for a very short period till the South Africans chased it down)

Today's score 312 has become about par on a lot of the flat tracks around the world today.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
You read it fine, you simply failed to understand

Subtle difference, zingster

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Not even anywhere near.

Highest score is 443 by SL against Netherlands.

In a more meaningful match, highest score is 438 by South Africa chasing a target of 434 by Australia(world record for a very short period till the South Africans chased it down)

Today's score 312 has become about par on a lot of the flat tracks around the world today.
I was at my South African mate's house for that, there were 5 of them and two others supporting SA, and me, the lone Aussie. Naturally I reminded them how shit South African's were at everything during our innings, thinking the game was in the bag.

I decided to head home when they lost their first wicket after a faltering start after, of course, reminding them one last time how rubbish they were...

Suffice to say I got a few phone calls later on.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
When my dad told me I was gutted. I thought some Aussie or SA lad equalled it. When I checked it up on cricinfo I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm happy for Coventry, doesn't matter which pitch and which opposition - they are all international standard players and his achievement truly is phenomenal when considering he plays for Zimbabwe!

At least it wasn't Tendulkar. Hehe.

VP

With so many flat tracks around I wouldn't be surprised if someone broke the 200 mark in an ODI soon.

anver

Shart stop
It is a pity the odds are stacked so much in favour of batsmen. The bowlers seam to be getting the raw end of the deal.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
i saw that match and anwar not reaching 200 pleased me no end because otherwise the pakistanis would have never stopped reminding us that like the scouse.

anver

Shart stop
You are right. We Indians never make any comment whenever we reach a milestone. Our World cup victory in 1983 and our T20 victory just went without any fanfare. We are sooo modest in victory.

zing

Zingle balls
You are right. We Indians never make any comment whenever we reach a milestone. Our World cup victory in 1983 and our T20 victory just went without any fanfare. We are sooo modest in victory.
Either say "we" when talking about SL or about India. I think you should go with SL because you clearly hate India.

surf

It's no longer the record, but Viv Richards scored 189* against Willis, Botham, Miller, Pringle and Foster at Old Trafford on a difficult pitch where all the other batsmen struggled. He was mostly batting with tail enders and trying to rescue a horrible start by the higher order. He helped them from 102-7 to 272 -9, including an unbroken last wicket partnership of 106 with Holding (who contributed 12). I've never seen anyone else "in the zone" like he was that day.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
if you were truly an Indian you wouldn't want a pakistani to score 200 against your country would you ?

its like a utd fan in OT wanting gerrard to score a hattrick against utd infront of the stretford end.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
It's no longer the record, but Viv Richards scored 189* against Willis, Botham, Miller, Pringle and Foster at Old Trafford on a difficult pitch where all the other batsmen struggled. He was mostly batting with tail enders and trying to rescue a horrible start by the higher order. He helped them from 102-7 to 272 -9, including an unbroken last wicket partnership of 106 with Holding (who contributed 12). I've never seen anyone else "in the zone" like he was that day.
Great call.

One of the best ever one day innings I have ever seen.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
if you were truly an Indian you wouldn't want a pakistani to score 200 against your country would you ?

its like a utd fan in OT wanting gerrard to score a hattrick against utd infront of the stretford end.
If you were truly a cricket fan you'd respect the achievement. To hell with your nationalistic garbage.

zain

Believe
When my dad told me I was gutted. I thought some Aussie or SA lad equalled it. When I checked it up on cricinfo I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm happy for Coventry, doesn't matter which pitch and which opposition - they are all international standard players and his achievement truly is phenomenal when considering he plays for Zimbabwe!

At least it wasn't Tendulkar. Hehe.
Sorry but just had to bump this :lol::devil:

VP

:lol:

Has dumpstar ever posted anything that hasn't come back to haunt him?