The Avengers

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
2012 Release date. Does not yet have a director apparently. Also is there such thing as too many characters/Super Heroes in one film? -

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Black Widow
Thor
Hawkeye
Nick Fury
Ant Man (Who the feck is Ant Man?)

And these are just the good guys. There will probably be a whole host of villains in it too.

Anyways continuing the Super Hero theme in this forum do any of you have hopes for this movie? In a way it will have been years in the making with the Cameos and hints in the previous Hulk and Iron Man Movies.

Ixion

Ant Man is a wife-beating drunk who can shrink himself to the size of an ant, and later becomes Giant-Man who can become a giant.

I don't know why he never became popular.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Ant Man is a wife-beating drunk who can shrink himself to the size of an ant, and later becomes Giant-Man who can become a giant.

I don't know why he never became popular.
Is this true? How can a hero beat his bitch?

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I don't think Ant Man is going to be in the Avengers film. They're making films for all the other guys as a lead up to this one, and Edgar Wright is signed to do an Ant Man movie that doesn't tie in to these.

I think thats it anyway.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Is this true? How can a hero beat his bitch?
It is, if I remember correctly, he had a nervous breakdown, was expelled from the Avengers, and had a plan to get back in where he'd send a robot to attack them and then come in, beat the robot and save the day. His wife finds out and threatens to tell the other Avengers, and he smacks her one.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
They're making the Captain America film first. Which is based around world war 2. Thor has started filming yesterday. If you want to see the basic story behind the avengers film and how it will work check out the excellent Ultimate Avengers comic by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch. Avoid the cartoon films though.

hungrywing

2012 Release date. Does not yet have a director apparently. Also is there such thing as too many characters/Super Heroes in one film? -

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Black Widow
Thor
Hawkeye
Nick Fury
Ant Man (Who the feck is Ant Man?)

And these are just the good guys. There will probably be a whole host of villains in it too.

Anyways continuing the Super Hero theme in this forum do any of you have hopes for this movie? In a way it will have been years in the making with the Cameos and hints in the previous Hulk and Iron Man Movies.
RF has unwittingly solved MUFC's financial crises.

We should all write down every possible story idea for this film, then when it releases, sue for plagiarism.

Count Duckula

Well Hulk did go mental; that's why they kicked him out. CA was brought in as an "honourary founding member", despite not actually being a founding member.

I fecking hate Captain America.

Gambit

Apparently Hulk is going to be one of the bad guys in the film
First character they take down is the Hulk going on a rampage in New York City. Depending on the version (Classic or Ultimate) it's kind of their fault but it's also what shows the world that the team is needed.

Gambit

Well Hulk did go mental; that's why they kicked him out. CA was brought in as an "honourary founding member", despite not actually being a founding member.

I fecking hate Captain America.
Read the Ultimates version, you'll like him a lot more in that.

gaz1185

Well something was leaked from the post-credits of Captain America, I won't mention what it is incase people would rather watch it in the cinema, but for anyone interested in the bootleg:

:eek::drool:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Have people seen the trailer yet?

Can't wait.

"Big man in his suit of armour, take that away and what are you?"

"Er, genius billionaire playboy philanthropist..."

That's awesome.

20solskjaer

"Doctor Banner, your work is unparralleled and im a huge fan of when you lose control and turn into a enormous green rage monster"

"thanks"

That trailers been around ages but still cant wait for this, im probably more excited about Avengers than i am about Dark Knight Rises

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
"Doctor Banner, your work is unparralleled and im a huge fan of when you lose control and turn into a enormous green rage monster"

"thanks"

That trailers been around ages but still cant wait for this, im probably more excited about Avengers than i am about Dark Knight Rises
I am not. I am definitely looking forward more to the DKR.

RDCR07

Its funny at the end where all the superheroes stand with their respective weapons like Thor with his hammer and CA with his shield, while Scarlett Johansson has a freaking gun in her hand. How is that going to help her against the Transformer like thing that showed up at the end?

RDCR07

And they have Cobie Smulders in it too. :drool:

Also The Hulk rescuing Iron Man towards the end in midair was freaking awesome.

Lastwolf

Its funny at the end where all the superheroes stand with their respective weapons like Thor with his hammer and CA with his shield, while Scarlett Johansson has a freaking gun in her hand. How is that going to help her against the Transformer like thing that showed up at the end?
Magic Bullets.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
Thor is so friggin cool I hope they show him more respect than they did in the other movie
I wish someone like Christopher Nolan had done the Thor project instead of just making it into a better than average super hero movie

20solskjaer

out in less than a week, been reading a few reviews, total film and empire have both given it 4 stars and the times gave it 5 stars, theres 25 critic reviews on rottentomatoes with 24 of them being fresh

heard a few bits from people on other forums who have seen it and the general consensus is that its fantastic, really looking forward to seeing this

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Im beyond sceptical that anyone could make this good, but if they have then I am very excited.

decorativeed

Yeah, it's getting great reviews. I love good a superhero film, so have been looking forward to this, although I haven't had very high hopes for it.

Cina

I dare say I'm looking forward to this more than TDKR, maybe because my expectations for the latter are so high that it will inevitably disappoint me. This is getting brilliant reviews, and talk is that it's going to break all sorts of box office records.