Emo OR Metal??

Biscuit1871

would some who likes these bands be Emo OR Metal??

Underøath, Brand New, Atreyu, Halifax, The Used, Funeral For A Friend, Bloc Party, Oasis, Fall Out Boy, Maxïmo Park, From First to Last, Klaxons, Alexisonfire, Taking Back Sunday, Enter Shikari, Silverstein, Hawthorne Heights, Bullet for my Valentine, Senses fail, Motion City Soundtrack, The Almost, Amber Pacific, 30 Seconds to Mars, Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly., Aiden, Blink 182, Sum 41, As Cities Burn, Action Action, Bedders, Arcade Fire, Jimmy Eat World, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, Lorene Drive, The Plain White t's, Nirvana, A Day To Remember, The Academy is..., The Ramones, From Autumn to Ashes, Rise Against, Sex Pistols, Mayday Parade, Paramore, The Cribs, Cute is What We Aim For, The Spill Canvas, Kings Of Leon, Bob Marley, Red, Angels & Airwaves, Led Zeppelin, Good Charlotte, Million Dead, The Beastie Boy's, +44, Haste the Day, Armor For Sleep, Saosin, Pantera, Kanye West, Biffy Clyro, Bring Me The Horizon, Lethal Bizzle, Coheed and Cambria, Secret Lives of the Freemasons

and what is the difference between emo and Metal?

gaffs

Most of these bands wouldn't be classed as EMO or Metal.

Are you talking about yourself here? If so, then I would say you should class yourself as a confused twit for asking on a message board what category you think you and your tastes should fall into - especially when you don't know the difference between the two.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Are you talking about yourself here? If so, then I would say you should class yourself as a confused twit for asking on a message board what category you think you and your tastes should fall into - especially when you don't know the difference between the two.
:lol:

UnitedRoadRed

Kanye West? Neither!

Led Zep - rock
Oasis, Get Cape, Maximo Park, Klaxons - indie
Bob Marley - reggae
Pantera - metal
Sum 41, Blink 182, Sex Pistols, Good Charlotte - punk

Someone who likes all this stuff clearly has a varied taste and cannot and should not be "labelled" as is modern society's wont.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Why the need for pigeon holing your tastes. 12 years old?

Paddy

paddyf091
would some who likes these bands be Emo OR Metal??

Bloc Party, Oasis, Maxïmo Park, Klaxons, Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly., Blink 182, Sum 41, Arcade Fire, Jimmy Eat World, The Plain White t's, Nirvana, Sex Pistols, The Cribs, Kings Of Leon, Bob Marley, Led Zeppelin, The Beastie Boy's, Kanye West, Lethal Bizzle,

and what is the difference between emo and Metal?
I dont know about the ones i got rid of, but most of these are mainstream rock bands, not emo or metal. The ones in bold though couldnt be further from emo or metal. An emo is a depressive suicidal type who dresses in black, so their music is emo. Metal is loud hard rock, usually enjoyed by long haired types, and significantly different from emo as well.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

EMO, well, it's primarily sad people cutting themselves and the background music that fits they call EMO.
That's not Emo, that's depressed people people cutting themselves, its got nothing to do with what music you lsiten to. Emo always used to be used to describe the slightly more pop punk side of nu metal and punk, or 'emotional punk'. There are thousands of artists from dozens of musical genres who sing about human emotions, mostly love. Most people who listen to 'emo bands' Halifax, Boys Like Girls, Motion City etc are usually annoyingly upbeat and happy.

Oh and shut it Dwayne.

Maroon Lucifer

...I should have included "...and has absolutely nothing to do with metal".

And the EMO relations to punk died with the hype. I'm sure that's how it USED to be, but today EMO is regarded as the cutters soundtrack. Everything is horrible, nobody understands me etc. The definitions change with the genre's. For instance, as a kid I was absorbed by the public enemy no. 1 Satans own Twisted Sister. Listen to it today and it's really more like a marching band than Satans music.

Bottom line: EMO is not the same today as it was in 1980!

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
That's not Emo, that's depressed people people cutting themselves, its got nothing to do with what music you lsiten to. Emo always used to be used to describe the slightly more pop punk side of nu metal and punk, or 'emotional punk'. There are thousands of artists from dozens of musical genres who sing about human emotions, mostly love. Most people who listen to 'emo bands' Halifax, Boys Like Girls, Motion City etc are usually annoyingly upbeat and happy.

Oh and shut it Dwayne.
oh, did I upset you?

:p

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Emo = stands for emotional, so bands like MCR have emotional lyrics as do evanescence, there the Emo heavyweights, metal for the most part is very different, and seeing as i'm "down" with the times :lol: not everyone who listens to rock is actually wrist-sliting, whining, self-centered arse plug.

Oh and Lethal Bizzle, Bob Marley and Kanye west are definetly not emo or metal..:houllier: :lol:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

This answer definitely didn't get the recognition it deserves! So here you are:

:lol::lol: True.

Biscuit1871

yeh that is a list of bands i like.

don't want to pigeon holed, i think that would be quite hard as i do have a range of different music tastes, but i was just wondering what i would be considered.

what got me thinking was reading a forum, where a load of "metal heads" were saying how the fecking hated emo's, and they listed bands who they thought were emo and bands they considered metal. A lot of bands on my list were metal, although ive always thought, that if i was to be pigeon holed i would be emo.

to be honest i fecking hate MCR, so i guess that rules me out as being considered emo.

Dave89

Looks like the cast of Pirates of The Caribbean 4.
funny you should say that. the dude in the hat (tuomas the keyboard player) is regularly compared to "a sinister johnny depp".

and to whoever questioned their metal classification, they are most definitely symphonic metal. you don't need a hoarse man yelling for it to be metal.

btw, seen them live last week in our student union - orgasmic! :D:D

Biscuit1871

ok.

i have some questions.

1)What genre are Enter Shikari, and are they considered an emo band?

2) Can emo music be screamo? MCR are consider the definition of emo, and to me there just a pop band.

Biscuit1871

so if they are not classed as emo or metal, what are they classed as then?

Adzzz

Staff
ok.

i have some questions.

1)What genre are Enter Shikari, and are they considered an emo band?

2) Can emo music be screamo? MCR are consider the definition of emo, and to me there just a pop band.
1.) Enter Shikari are screamo
2.) Hmm, if the screamo has very emotional lyrics then yes, but emo seems to be an umbrella term for all bands who are probably more alt atm (I mean FOB were originally called emo, but they couldn't be further away) MCR are emo because of the lyrical content and appearance, I think they're slightly heavier than pop-rock though.

Adzzz

Staff
Alexisonfire, taking back sunday, bulllet to my valentine to an extent are emoish, but it's a nothing genre its more like a sect of society than a full musical genre.

REd FUn DevIl

Do not think Emo just listen metal. Dont know who create this rumour.

They also hear pop, its a way to dress and act isnt a rock style.

Dont know also where this shit (emo) came from.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Did you heard of bands like Annihilator, Megadeth, Death, Sepultura, Testament, Sodom, Pestilence, Slayer, Soulfly, Machine Head, Fear factory, Strapping Young Lad, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Dismembered, Obituary, Amon Amarth ?

That's feckin metal, dude !

Nightwish sucks metal god's balls, btw.

Biscuit1871

Did you heard of bands like Annihilator, Megadeth, Death, Sepultura, Testament, Sodom, Pestilence, Slayer, Soulfly, Machine Head, Fear factory, Strapping Young Lad, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Dismembered, Obituary, Amon Amarth ?

That's feckin metal, dude !

Nightwish sucks metal god's balls, btw.
yeh i like Megadeth and Slayer.

Thats what i have always thought metal to be. But i guess that is more Heavy Metal. If you walk into any HMV or similar shop you will see the likes of Blink 182 and Simple Plan in the Metal section.

Biscuit1871

Do not think Emo just listen metal. Dont know who create this rumour.

They also hear pop, its a way to dress and act isnt a rock style.

Dont know also where this shit (emo) came from.
sorry dont understand most of that, please re write it.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
yeh i like Megadeth and Slayer.

Thats what i have always thought metal to be. But i guess that is more Heavy Metal. If you walk into any HMV or similar shop you will see the likes of Blink 182 and Simple Plan in the Metal section.
90% of music stores are clueless about extreme music by promoting too much of a new shit like punk rock.

http://www.metalstorm.ee/home/index.php - Great site... reviews on every good piece of metal, coming out.