Emo OR Metal??

Biscuit1871

[QUOTE AdZzUtd]

1.) Enter Shikari are screamo

ok, i know Enter Shikari are screamo, but so many "chavs" like them and slate Bring Me The Horizon. It makes no sense.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
[QUOTE AdZzUtd]

1.) Enter Shikari are screamo

ok, i know Enter Shikari are screamo, but so many "chavs" like them and slate Bring Me The Horizon. It makes no sense.
I've not seen many chav ES fans...must be a pretty rare breed of chav tbh

Biscuit1871

no, believe me LOADS of chavs like Enter Shikari.

The only thing i can think is that the band members themselves are chav-esk.

Adzzz

Staff
no, believe me LOADS of chavs like Enter Shikari.

The only thing i can think is that the band members themselves are chav-esk.
Guess so, can't say I like them too much anyway, screamo like that tends to annoy afterwhile imho, only really like mothership and Sorry (Your not a winner)...

my band of the minute is fall out boy :D

Biscuit1871

really, odear and i thought you were cool.

my band of the minute is A Day To Remember

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Can't believe I actually read all of this thread.

But it does pretty much sum up everything that is bad in music.

Who gives a flying shite what genre a band falls into?

Does it matter?

It seems to be today people are more concerned about not pissing off their peers by perhaps listening to something that falls outside of their chosen genre, what a load of wanky bollocks.

Do you like it? If so great, feck everything else.

Rant over.

Biscuit1871

to be fair,it was a hypothetical question, and suggests that in reality the genre of a band, does not effect whether i like and band or not.

whats wrong with emo?

Biscuit1871

What i dont understand is why are Fall Out Boy classed as being emo, when to me they sound no different to Busted or McFly?

Adzzz

Staff
What i dont understand is why are Fall Out Boy classed as being emo, when to me they sound no different to Busted or McFly?
On the back of their earlier stuff, I'd also say there alot heavier than Busted and McFly.

Lyrics like this "So wear me like a locket around you're throat, i'll weigh you down and watch you choke...(you look so good in blue)"

the part without parenthesis could be considered quite emo'ish but only if you take it out of context :D

They're definetly not emo though, it's just critics like to categorise bands.

Adzzz

Staff
whats wrong with emo?
A lot of bad press, a lot of silly teenagers, and sadly alot of decent bands are pulled into the chasm, as soon as a band is classed as emo they suddenly become socially unacceptable, at my college anyway.

Biscuit1871

is the bad press about the cliche suicidal thoughts? or is that and acceptable part of emo?

Adzzz

Staff
is the bad press about the cliche suicidal thoughts? or is that and acceptable part of emo?
Yeah, I also think the press were arguing the music and lyrics behind the sub-genre are pushing depressed teens into suicide, like they argue rap is a bad influence role/model to many (primarily males) teens.

I think it'd be a big generalisation for me to say emo's find it acceptable to commit suicide, because there are lots of them but they don't all kill themselves. It's pretty hard to distinguish too, I mean if a kid has dyed black hair and a fringe covering one-eye is he going to kill himself? It's weird to be honest mate, and I don't completely get it, so I would be lieing to you if I said I could explain it completely.

Godfather

Can't believe I actually read all of this thread.

But it does pretty much sum up everything that is bad in music.

Who gives a flying shite what genre a band falls into?

Does it matter?

It seems to be today people are more concerned about not pissing off their peers by perhaps listening to something that falls outside of their chosen genre, what a load of wanky bollocks.

Do you like it? If so great, feck everything else.

Rant over.
Absolutely spot on.