Gary Birtles last night...

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Birtles was the second commentator with Tyler.

He has mutated from a crap player to a crap commentator, that puts ABUs to shame.

He was putting down United and the players at every opportunity. And the silence when Chico scored was defeaning.

What a twat he has become.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Can't say I noticed the silence after the goal, I was too busy screaming.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
totally agree with you.
brought this up in the FAO Indias thread.
some of the crap he was spouting was hilarious
the fact is he must have been Wishing he could have played some of the football our lads were playing.

You could feel his pain when Valnecia missed their chances :lol:

He must be treated like crap by our supporters when he is recognised is my only explanation.

Well son, if you had not disgraced the shirt, you would be respected.

....and please study the goal Hernandez scored....thats how a striker earns his pay ;)

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Birtles: (watching Chico score) Ahhhhhhhhh!!! THATS what I was meant to do.....

SATA

He was lamenting how poor the game was the whole night, and couldn't stop talking about Fergie not introducing Michael Owen. Well Gary, Fergie was right and your job there is to only commentate. Stop whining shite, you gimp.

MJLD

Wasn't he on the Scunthorpe game too, on Sky? Thought he was wank.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Go easy lads, I think retarded is his first language.

Rednails

Both of them concentrated on Valencia and what they should be doing and hardly mentioned us. They could have been commentating for Spanish TV tbh.

Bearded but no genius

He was lamenting how poor the game was the whole night, and couldn't stop talking about Fergie not introducing Michael Owen. Well Gary, Fergie was right and your job there is to only commentate. Stop whining shite, you gimp.
Yeah, it was staggering. Unreal how much he seemed to hate us.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
the fact is he must have been Wishing he could have played some of the football our lads were playing.

You could feel his pain when Valnecia missed their chances :lol:

He must be treated like crap by our supporters when he is recognised is my only explanation.

Well son, if you had not disgraced the shirt, you would be respected.

....and please study the goal Hernandez scored....thats how a striker earns his pay ;)
I think his commentary is poor too!

But to say he disgraced the shirt is way over the top. His record at United is comparable to that of Joe Jordan. In fact, by the time he reached 50 games he had scored almost double what Jordan had scored.

I have never heard anyone treat Birtles like crap.

Youngie

I think his commentary is poor too!

But to say he disgraced the shirt is way over the top. His record at United is comparable to that of Joe Jordan. In fact, by the time he reached 50 games he had scored almost double what Jordan had scored.

I have never heard anyone treat Birtles like crap.
Mr Mujac, I usually have you down as the Fountain of Knowledge as far as Utd are concerned...but Birtles better than Jordan??
Joe Jordan=125 games 41 goals
Gary Birtles =63 games 12 goals

Can you explain?

Devil may care

The most obnoxious co-commentator Sky use, he's unbearable on Barcelona and Brazil games.

Mister Jeebus

Mr Mujac, I usually have you down as the Fountain of Knowledge as far as Utd are concerned...but Birtles better than Jordan??

Can you explain?
Could perhaps be referring to Jordan's start at United. In his first two seasons he had 13 goals in 52 games.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian

Can you explain?
Birtles only had two seasons with us.....Jordan only started scoring goals in his third and fourth season.

So I was comparing their first two seasons to be consistent and fair with my analysis.

I said that Birtles scoring record in that period was better than Jordan's...which is was.

I never said Birtles was a better player......but people have really short memories and certain players get reputations that the facts don's support.