Pogba cleared to sign for the kidnappers

BahamaRed

Legend
Pogba & Fornasier cleared to sign for the kidnappers

Manchester United clear to sign tug-of war youngster Paul Pogba

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 2:38 AM on 08th October 2009

Manchester United have been given FIFA clearance to sign Paul Pogba after a bitter tussle with Le Havre.

The furious French club claimed inducements had been offered to break a contract. But a judge, appointed by FIFA to decide the case, ruled that because of his age, Le Havre could not have reached an agreement for Pogba (right) to sign a professional contract.
The 16-year-old midfielder's case appeared to have similarities with the one that has seen Chelsea banned from signing players for the next two transfer windows.
Fiorentina's protests over United's alleged poaching of teenage defender Michele Fornasier have been quashed after FIFA gave the 16-year-old official clearance to play for their Under 18s at the weekend.

United want to sign Inter Milan's defender Maicon, according to the 28-year-old Brazilian's agent.

Cali Red

What's that last bit about Maicon? :confused: Could we really be linked with him? Can't see it.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Maicon is the best right back in the world atm and would be a stellar addition, give us attacking FB on both flanks. How do people rate his defense though?

as far as Pogba, no idea on the kid but the biggest relief is that we have done nothing wrong, like Fergie stated. Not that I had any doubts but its still nice to hear.

anver

Shart stop
Maicon denies it but his agent says we've been watching him.

Red Devils linked with Maicon

Wed, 07 Oct 17:07:23 2009
Buzz Up!

Maicon's agent believes Manchester United have upped their interest in the Inter Milan defender but insists there are no offers on the table.

The Brazil international joined Inter from Monaco in 2006 and has developed into a key player in the Nerazzurri team since Jose Mourinho took over two years ago.

Maicon's impressive performances have caught the eye around Europe but Antonio Caliendo insists the 28-year-old is remaining at the San Siro for the time being.

"United's interest in my client is not something new," he told Tuttopremier.it. "They have been following him for a while.

"Now it seems to me that they are pressing for him but I don't think there has been any concrete offers yet."

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Red Devils linked with Maicon

Wed, 07 Oct 17:07:23 2009
Buzz Up!

Maicon's agent believes Manchester United have upped their interest in the Inter Milan defender but insists there are no offers on the table.

The Brazil international joined Inter from Monaco in 2006 and has developed into a key player in the Nerazzurri team since Jose Mourinho took over two years ago.

Maicon's impressive performances have caught the eye around Europe but Antonio Caliendo insists the 28-year-old is remaining at the San Siro for the time being.

"United's interest in my client is not something new," he told Tuttopremier.it. "They have been following him for a while.

"Now it seems to me that they are pressing for him but I don't think there has been any concrete offers yet."

bollocks, we were not supposed to sign players older than 26 years of age.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
We're sailing very close to the wind these days...especially with the Chelsea situation.

SecondFig

We're sailing very close to the wind these days...especially with the Chelsea situation.
To be fair to us, all of our "dodgy" signings (the new Italians, the old Italians, Pogba) were made before Chelsea were punished. What I'm curious about is whether we'll back away from these controversial and clearly acrimonious transfers - or if we'll carry on as before. There was a story the other day (here)of David Williams, one of our scouts, being spotted at a Roma youth game watching two more young starlets (Caprari and Piscitelli apparently...), which rather suggests we're going to really exploit this particular seam of talent until the mine collapses or blows up

MPTutd

Great. Now lets sue the Le Havre chairman after all the rubbish he has been spouting.

Cold_Boy

Where exactly does Pogba play?

First I heard he was a striker,then a attacking mid and then A defender.And now people say he is the next Essien?

What position does he play?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
To be fair to us, all of our "dodgy" signings (the new Italians, the old Italians, Pogba) were made before Chelsea were punished. What I'm curious about is whether we'll back away from these controversial and clearly acrimonious transfers - or if we'll carry on as before. There was a story the other day (here)of David Williams, one of our scouts, being spotted at a Roma youth game watching two more young starlets (Caprari and Piscitelli apparently...), which rather suggests we're going to really exploit this particular seam of talent until the mine collapses or blows up
If we're operating within the relevant rules and laws then there is no reason for us to stop doing what we're doing. Only if and when the laws are changed to make it illegal will we stop it.

The French and Italian clubs have every right to be pissed about it, of course - but we've not broken any laws.

french88devil

Le Havre use to steal shitloads of teenagers from Africa, they're not in the best position to reproach on us the signing of a young player. What pisses them off is not that we got Pogba, it's that we got him for free, the greedy cnuts. I fecking hate Le Havre, hope they'll stay in Ligue 2.

As for Maicon, i'm sure he's negotiating for a new contract, usual agent bollocks. I don't see Fergie buying a right back, we already have Rafael.

SecondFig

Le Havre use to steal shitloads of teenagers from Africa, they're not in the best position to reproach on us the signing of a young player. What pisses them off is not that we got Pogba, it's that we got him for free, the greedy cnuts. I fecking hate Le Havre, hope they'll stay in Ligue 2.

As for Maicon, i'm sure he's negotiating for a new contract, usual agent bollocks. I don't see Fergie buying a right back, we already have Rafael.
Same goes for Cruz, for some reason Inter's Brazilian contingent have decided to use us as a bargaining chip in their contract renewals.

And with O'Shea, Brown, Rafael and Neville/De Laet/Hargreaves we really don't need a RB, even if Maicon is quite good.

Virtuoso

Where exactly does Pogba play?

First I heard he was a striker,then a attacking mid and then A defender.And now people say he is the next Essien?

What position does he play?
I've always heard/thought that he was a central defensive midfielder.

Incidentally, we now have the France U16 captain (Paul Pogba) and the Italy U16 captain (Michele Fornasier) playing in our Academy.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I've always heard/thought that he was a central defensive midfielder.

Incidentally, we now have the France U16 captain (Paul Pogba) and the Italy U16 captain (Michele Fornasier) playing in our Academy.
I think we should continue our strategy to get the best young talents from UK and world wide. And so far, it seems like we're doing everything by the book.
However, I think these clubs should get a compensation and it's not right if clubs can poach them for free

GloryHunter07

I think we should continue our strategy to get the best young talents from UK and world wide. And so far, it seems like we're doing everything by the book.
However, I think these clubs should get a compensation and it's not right if clubs can poach them for free
More like, we are using a legal loophole to steal the best youngsters. Yes its great for us, but not for the rest of the worlds clubs. I believe the compensation is around £90k for every year spent at the academy.

OneUnited24

Berbatov was 27, Owen is 29 granted he didn't cost a fee.
I suppose there are exceptions but on the whole i dont think we look at players that are over 26 unless we miss out on someone or feel we need more experience in the squad

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
I suppose there are exceptions but on the whole i dont think we look at players that are over 26 unless we miss out on someone or feel we need more experience in the squad
the 'policy' that the papers leaked was misread and mistreated.

Even the papers that mentioned the policy misread their own wording.

they said United would not look to make expensive purchases of players 27 and older. A 'new' tact following the Berbatov purchase, but one that would be overlooked for special cases.

Berbatov was a special case.
Owen, while over 27, was free.

The policy is, seemingly, that we aren't going to throw record fee's at older players cause the chance of recouping that money is slim. If the right player is available at a good price then I don't think age would be a determining factor.

The policy as laid out by the papers was way too black and white too - wingers and strikers need (mostly) to be bought young as their peak years are relitively early (26-29 or so) Centre backs and, especially, Goalkeepers peak later and last longer so can be purchased later too.

For me, United have always opperated along this financial and transfer model, just the press decided to make an issue of it this summer.

pathfinder

Colly

Jesus, he'd better be good after all this bloody fuss !

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Excellent. We did things according to the book and it seems FIFA agree as well.
But it may be the case that we'll still end up in the same boat as Chelsea.

Anyway, at least the kid can get playing football. Interested to see him on MUTV.

Hoof the ball

Do we have any kind of video footage on any of these players at all? I know Youtube clips don't say too much about a player but even so, it'd be good all the same to see something. Nothing on Youtube for me, anyone else?

jb8521

Pogba played in a friendly in Derby on tuesday according to Paul McGuinness on the new version of inside united