Rafael's broken finger

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
That looked bad, I even closed my eyes. I thought he may want to be subbed off, but he showed me I was wrong. Good lad.

Picture:

Minkaro

Hate things like that. Probably bothered me much more than it did him. :lol:

Eriku

aiii... nasty picture that... didn't quite catch it during the match. I saw something was off, but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Happened to a bloke I was playing football with once, for my med school team. A doctor on my team decided he could re-locate it and spent a few minutes yanking on his finger before taping his fingers to the next one and sent him back on.

Got an x-ray the next day and turned out it wasn't dislocated at all. It was, however, fractured in two places. D'oh!

Sw33t

This lad would break a rib and keep going if he could.

Redrage

Just a dislocation, put it back in and you can carry on. Still that picture is pretty sickening.

forrie_x

I had a dislocation on my middle finger, nearly identical to that (only on another finger).

If the damage is anything like mine, he may have broken the bone in the finger when the bone comes away still attached to the tendon, as opposed to the tendon itself snapping.

He'll easily be able to play out the season, but might be in for some nasty-ass surgery over the summer, with wires and/or bolts being put in there to keep it all together.

Had my surgery back in '06, still has hunks of metal in there holding it together...

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Happened to me once in a Basketball game. The joints that join the middle and ring finger to the hand were all over the place.

I should point out that I also soldiered on.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
I heard this story once about a guy that disloacted his hip or at least it popped out of the socket while playing rugby, and the medics decided to pop it back in there and then. the worse part was that when they popped it back in, his testical got stuck in the socket.
not sure if its a true story but thats got to hurt.

Silva

I heard this story once about a guy that disloacted his hip or at least it popped out of the socket while playing rugby, and the medics decided to pop it back in there and then. the worse part was that when they popped it back in, his testical got stuck in the socket.
Oh god that hurts just reading it

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
I've heard this too - but was always told it was local to me to i'm guessing it's more of an urban myth than anything that does the rounds

MacMUFC

What the hell, I heard that too. It makes me sick every time.

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
After a quick google check it is clearly a made up tale, those anatomiaclly minded may have pointed this out to us in time. here's the bit i found;

Unless this guy is a hemocoel, a bag of skin with the innards just sloshing about inside, this is impossible.

The teste is "safe" in the scrotum - and if pushed back up into the inguinal canal - it stays in the canal (and can be WAY painful, in and of itself!). If it goes ALL the way back to where it started, it MIGHT end up just south of the belt-line - within about three inches or so of the navel.

There is NO way in this reality (and many others) that the teste can go from being ANYWHERE near where it is supposed to be - to being nestled firmly in the socket of the hip.

Sorry - not true... it COULD be - but it requires MASSIVE damage from something like a car accident. A simple dislocation is not sufficient to provide the damage to support this situation.

But it STILL hurts to talk about...