Rooney's ankle again?

From the BBC

Ferguson on Rooney's injury: "I don't think it's serious. It's just the tissue. I'm sure he'll be OK for the following week."

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
From the BBC

Ferguson on Rooney's injury: "I don't think it's serious. It's just the tissue. I'm sure he'll be OK for the following week."
"I'm not prepared to take a risk on a player who is not 100% fit."

"I don't think he will be on the bench although he might talk me into it, it is a difficult one."

BaldwinLegend

Definitely shouldn't start. Berba and Kiko should do it.
I really hope Fergie see sense and realises Berbatov can't operate on his own. I'd be very happy to see Rooney rested, Berbatov and Macheda up front together and a midfield of Nani, Fletcher, Carrick and Valencia - I think we'd be fine with that.

Eriku

True, you can't exactly trust the man's word ;P

On another note, regardless of whether he should've headed for a bit of treatment after coming off, I loved seeing him refuse and sit down to watch the rest of the game :)

Name Changed

weso26
Macheda and Berbatov against Blackburn. If we can't beat them then we don't deserve to win the league anyway.

We need Rooney for City.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Burst a blood vessel in his ankle supposedly. His ankle twisted in a similar (but less serious) way to last week.

MJLD

Sky News ticker says something about burst blood vessel.

jazza13

Just a soft tissue injury, nothing to worry about. Fergie should give more news in his conference tomorrow. Probably be a doubt for Sunday but fine for City.
Fergie mentioned this morning itself that he would probably not play this weekend.
""He got a knock which was similar to last week,'' Ferguson said. "It is a burst blood vessel below the ankle. He won't be out for too long.''

Only worry is that we take the Rovers game too lightly. They have the ability to cause us problems. Let's not forget that they did take a few points of Chelsea not too long ago.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Fergie mentioned this morning itself that he would probably not play this weekend.
""He got a knock which was similar to last week,'' Ferguson said. "It is a burst blood vessel below the ankle. He won't be out for too long.''
And yet everyone still thinks it was right not just to play him, but to keep him on when he was caught again and clearly not fit to play.

You don't feck around with Wayne Rooney.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Playing him said a lot more about Berbatov than it did Rooney to me...That said Plech, the real crime was taking him off for O Shea with half an hour to go when it looked like we were clearly going to concede again. That struck me as completely mad and essentially said "come an get us you bastards!"

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Playing him said a lot more about Berbatov than it did Rooney to me...
Yes but that's just shit management. You've got to find a way to make the team work without him if he's not fit to play. This probably applies to the starting line-up - we don't know how fit he was - but certainly applies once the injury recurred/worsened.

Mockers said:
That said Plech, the real crime was taking him off for O Shea with half an hour to go when it looked like we were clearly going to concede again. That struck me as completely mad and essentially said "come an get us you bastards!"
I agree.

Ole90+3

Playing Rooney very nearly played off! All this bashing of Fergie for playing Rooney is ridiculous. If the medic gave you the thumbs and a player like Wayne was that eager to play, we all would have started him if we were in Fergie's position.

Theres no chance we would have ended the half 3-0 if Rooney hadn't been in the starting line up.

This shows that we can't rely on Wayne so much next season and back up NEEDS to brought in.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Playing Rooney very nearly played off! All this bashing of Fergie for playing Rooney is ridiculous. If the medic gave you the thumbs and a player like Wayne was that eager to play, we all would have started him if we were in Fergie's position.
Theres no chance we would have ended the half 3-0 if Rooney hadn't been in the starting line up.

This shows that we can't rely on Wayne so much next season and back up NEEDS to brought in.
That's the bottom line.

As usual, the back-seat managers are all being incredibly wise after the event.