The trouble with Torres

WeasteDevil

Is that we should have signed the fecker. There was a lot of threads about it at the time, and a lot of doubters of his talent. I was a supporter of his transfer. It's quite clear now and totally beyond doubt that we should have placed a massive offer for that boy at the time. He's one of the only strikers in the world that adds a totally extra dimension, not to mention making our central defensive partnership look like goons on more than one occasion.

I was going to write a long considered piece on this, but then couldn't be arsed because of the mood I'm in, so that's all you are getting.

MUFCgal

Torres has stated on occasion that ourselves and other English clubs enquired about him but the only English club he wanted to play for was Liverpool so there's pretty much nothing you can do about that. If somebody doesn't want to come to you, then they won't. I was very pissed off with Torres today, my face was blood red after 30 minutes with his constant diving.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Is there any reason that you doubt that, or is it just an assumption?
I'm quite sure Fergie and David never ever made a bid let alone a serious one, most of our interest in him came from tabloids if i'm correct.

I get a feeling in Aguero that I had with Torres... can't let this one slip, but that's a different conversation.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I'm quite sure Fergie and David never ever made a bid let alone a serious one, most of our interest in him came from tabloids if i'm correct.

I get a feeling in Aguero that I had with Torres... can't let this one slip, but that's a different conversation.
Aguero is a bit similar to Tevez/Rooney if i am not wrong? Pato would be a better option. But, these are all just assumptions.

The_Midfielder

What a combo that would have been
Rooney Ronaldo Torress..
But thats been analyzed by the expert here a million times..

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
Is that we should have signed the fecker. There was a lot of threads about it at the time, and a lot of doubters of his talent. I was a supporter of his transfer. It's quite clear now and totally beyond doubt that we should have placed a massive offer for that boy at the time. He's one of the only strikers in the world that adds a totally extra dimension, not to mention making our central defensive partnership look like goons on more than one occasion.

I was going to write a long considered piece on this, but then couldn't be arsed because of the mood I'm in, so that's all you are getting.
Touch your belly button, rewind your memories and confirm.. Was he really that good in Spain as he's doing for Pool at the moment.

The development he subsequently made under Benetiz is immense, he was bit of a fm mystery material before he moved over the England, would've been a better option than Tevez and Berbatov put togehter.

MUFCgal

SAF said in an interview before that he tried to do deals before for Torres but it never came off because either Atletico didn't want to sell or Torres didn't want to go. When he did decide to go, he chose Liverpool. When he made up his mind to leave Spain, knowing that we'd been interested in him before, if he truly wanted to come to us he'd have let his advisors know about it.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Aguero is a bit similar to Tevez/Rooney if i am not wrong? Pato would be a better option. But, these are all just assumptions.
I'd love to have two energetic strikers... Tevez worked, he was just a cnut.

We've never been a side that have thoroughly depended on set pieces, and it's not like Berbatov is offering much anyways... Aguero-Rooney works for me, all day, everyday.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Torres has stated on occasion that ourselves and other English clubs enquired about him but the only English club he wanted to play for was Liverpool so there's pretty much nothing you can do about that. If somebody doesn't want to come to you, then they won't. I was very pissed off with Torres today, my face was blood red after 30 minutes with his constant diving.
his diving got patrice his yellow and thus made him think about diving in, which is a big part of his confidence in defending.

As for only wanting Liverpool, I believe he said that only as it was clear liverpool was the best decision. I wonder why we had no problem bidding 30+M on berbatov but was hesistant to go over 20M with torres. Possibly because berbatov proved he could handle the premiership. Not sure.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Torres wasn't likely to come to us as we were probably just another random big club to him. Rafa always had the best shot at landing him.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'd love to have two energetic strikers... Tevez worked, he was just a cnut.

We've never been a side that have thoroughly depended on set pieces, and it's not like Berbatov is offering much anyways... Aguero-Rooney works for me, all day, everyday.
But Berbatov-Rooney doesn't?

Should we just sell Berbatov, despite him being one of our better players this season?

He's playing better than Aguero this season actually.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player

Should we just sell Berbatov, despite him being one of our better players this season?

Which is why football is not as easy as the video games.

WeasteDevil

Touch your belly button, rewind your memories and confirm.. Was he really that good in Spain as he's doing for Pool at the moment.

The development he subsequently made under Benetiz is immense, he was bit of a fm mystery material before he moved over the England, would've been a better option than Tevez and Berbatov put togehter.
I think that anyone that wasn't as blind as a bat could see the quality of Torres back then.

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo

This Berbatov-Rooney would work only the attack has two quality wingers sticking out side, like Ronaldo of pre 2007 along with Giggs. Not trying to deride Valencia here, he has shown some improvemnt in the last month or so but our attack would continue to fluff against organized teams if we persist with the current system.

On top of that we have a midfield, depending completely on Fletcher, and a creative player required to take over from him. All these factors dragged us down the gutter today almost derailed us against goons and it can repeat if we land against Inter, Chelsea or Barcelona at some point in the CL. On a side note, I dont get this point we are a better team without Ronaldo even if the league table and the CL record this season can say otherwise. We were scrapping up wins against teams we would normally batter and falling short against big ones.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Torres probably wanted to go to a team where he'd be guaranteed a start every game. That would not have been the case at United.
That would have defenitely been the case, it was either Tevez/Berba/Torres. We chose Tevez. Torres didn't want to join us either, but there would have been no doubt that he would have been a regular starter for us if we had bought him for 25m+.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Torres was the latest target for the transfer muppets on the Caf when I first signed up. I think pretty much everyone could see he was a top player, and I'm sure Sir Alex could too. Unfortunately for some bizarre reason he had his heart set on Liverpool. But yes, I think we could've changed that if we had showed some serious interest.

His loss more than ours, though.

MUFCgal

his diving got patrice his yellow and thus made him think about diving in, which is a big part of his confidence in defending.

As for only wanting Liverpool, I believe he said that only as it was clear liverpool was the best decision. I wonder why we had no problem bidding 30+M on berbatov but was hesistant to go over 20M with torres. Possibly because berbatov proved he could handle the premiership. Not sure.
We actually didn't want to bid 30m in the first place for Berbatov. I think we initially bid around 20m, was it not? The price was driven up for Berbatov. Regards to Torres, SAF has said he tried to do deals for him but it never came off because Atletico didn't want to sell or Torres didn't feel ready to go. Just like saying that if SAF really wanted him, he'd have pushed more, but then if Torres really wanted to play for us, he'd have pushed more for it (it was so obvious Berba wanted to join us) but Torres never gave the impression he wanted to come here.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I can't stand him. He has the type of face you'd really like to smack.

I'd love him if he were ours though.