Fantasy Draft DISCUSSION ONLY Thread

Erics_Collar

A Fantasy Draft game Im starting just for fun. I left a thread open for a few days this week for people to get their name in to participate. If you look at the picks/rules thread linked in the first post, it explains it pretty well!

Cal?

CR7 fan
I'm going to pick as many players as I can from Liverpool's glorious treble team...

Hope no one nicks my idea.

Cal?

CR7 fan
It's been a few hours and nothing yet...

I think Erics Collar & I should get to pick first!!

:smirk:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Nice one Erics Collar - this should be an interesting experiment!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I took the great dane, although I was close to picking Ronaldo. I hope Bergkamp is still available next round... I may have to substitute Zola for him
Difficult to plan too far ahead really as you dont know who will still be available

You have the best keeper in the whole of history as far as I am concerned so cant go wrong there!

Erics_Collar

I reckon a fair few had planned to pick Schmikes first, myself included. Cant go wrong with a goalkeeper like him. Goalkeepers will be hard to come by in this...

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I was wondering how long it would take someone to feck up the other thread

The prize goes to 'TheReligion' - an idiot who cant read ...

The Law of Denis

:mad: I wanted the Great Dane!

BTW, should we have a list to make sure nobody picks someone already chosen ?

1) The Great Dane
2) Henry
3) Shearer

Vinay

Muppet in Training
:mad: I wanted the Great Dane!

BTW, should we have a list to make sure nobody picks someone already chosen ?

1) The Great Dane
2) Henry
3) Shearer
That's a good initiative. But, anybody picking should be making sure he/she checks before picking, I feel...

I say that if someone picks wrongly a player already picked, he/she should lose the chance to pick until his/her chance comes again when they can pick 2. What do you guys say?

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Gutted I'm not in this. I must have been 17 or 18th on the list! :(

I'll be a reserve!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
That's a good initiative. But, anybody picking should be making sure he/she checks before picking, I feel...

I say that if someone picks wrongly a player already picked, he/she should lose the chance to pick until his/her chance comes again when they can pick 2. What do you guys say?
I say this is Erics Collar's game so he should decide any rules

How are injuries to players supposed to play a role?
:confused:

I dont think you have understood the game properly - read it all again

Vinay

Muppet in Training
About injuries, I was meaning to refer to a player like Louis Saha. Is it anywhere a factor that he has continually suffered from injuries, whereas when he actually played, he has been nothing short of a stupendous player. How is this factored in?

In other words, when the "voters" participate in the vote, are they supposed to consider a decreased weightage to Saha's ability because of his injuries. Or should it be that Saha is only considered at his best, which, almost every season that he has played, he has shown he can flirt with...

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
^^^

I think you are over complicating things - just pick your players and see what happens - it is upto the voters to decide which is the better team and use whatever criteria they think is fair (since its the Caf, Im guessing any team that has Eboue in it is likely to win)

Vinay

Muppet in Training
^^^

I think you are over complicating things - just pick your players and see what happens - it is upto the voters to decide which is the better team and use whatever criteria they think is fair (since its the Caf, Im guessing any team that has Eboue in it is likely to win)
I think you are oversimplifying things ;)

It is nice, before one tries to pick someone like Saha, to know how he is going to be considered.

But, I guess I agree with you, after all. It is all a marketing exercise at the end of the day... Good luck to all!

Vinay

Muppet in Training
Vinay, when you get your chance to vote, just vote. Everyone will have their own agenda and it doesn't need discussing.
:lol: I won't be voting - I'm making my own team, so I'll be victim of a vote...

And yes, well, everyone will have their own agenda. But, somehow it would be nice to have a sense of rules about the vote...

Erics_Collar

Regarding a player like Louis Saha, the injuries themselves dont have to be considered. When it comes to the match, its imagining he would be fit and playing. Ill try explain the voting better when it comes about, but basically its trying to find an average form of a player. For example, Darren Fletcher if picked, may have been below average his first few years at United but has been amazing this season, and part of last. So when considering him, try to think of an average form, if that makes sense.

So frustrating that people who arent playing have responded to the other thread. Ive PM'd a mod though, so hopefully it will be cleansed!

And to those who didnt make the draw to take part, I feel really bad, but 16 was the only number that would work (32 was far too many) for a knockout stage. I honestly wish there was something else I could have done but if theres another one after this (and I suspect there will be) then you definitely get in! Also, youre on a backup list if anyone drops out of this. Hope this is good enough, again, Im sorry!

Erics_Collar

I know its obvious as to why they picked them, but nobody except for SharkyMcShark bothered to post explanations as to why, and statistics, awards etc.

Oh well.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
I know its obvious as to why they picked them, but nobody except for SharkyMcShark bothered to post explanations as to why, and statistics, awards etc.

Oh well.
I so wanted to pick Eric - my favourite ever player. But pragmatically speaking there are more players that play that role than there are good goalkeepers.

Also, what's the go with captaincy? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere...

Erics_Collar

Never really thought about it. I guess just think about it in terms of your team, who will be the stand out leader, etc. No real bonuses though, although some people may consider choice of captain important when voting...

Vinay

Muppet in Training
Never really thought about it. I guess just think about it in terms of your team, who will be the stand out leader, etc. No real bonuses though, although some people may consider choice of captain important when voting...
Eric, you're doing such a great job of this organization and this must be taking so much of your time. But, I thought there was one aspect that should be addressed by you, as per the suggestion of a couple of others to the question I put a little earlier:

How do you plan to have the situation of someone picking a player who has already been picked before? I was suggesting that the onus should be on anyone drafting to make sure the player he is interested in should not have been picked before and therefore if the mistake is made, one way to address it would be to only allow him/her pick two players when next is his/her turn...

What would you say?

Erics_Collar

Hmm, I guess part of me hopes people will be responsible enough not to pick anyone who has already been picked. I didnt want any huge penalties in this game for errors as I wanted it to be as close as possible so I think I'll just PM the person if they do make that mistake, tell them its not allowed and that they have to make another pick at their earliest convenience while the draft continues with/without them (so they may loose some good choices if they are not quick enough!), similar to what would happen if they missed the 24hr selection period. Sound okay?