France to host Euro 2016

ricardinho

I dont know why other countries even bothered to make a bid for it with Platini as Uefa president it was obvious it would go to France.

It should've went to Turkey instead.

Count Duckula

I dont know why other countries even bothered to make a bid for it with Platini as Uefa president it was obvious it would go to France.

It should've went to Turkey instead.
Yeh, Turkey's a much safer and better venue than a more stable country with a huge amount of sporting infrastructure already in place.

ricardinho

Turkey's a bit dangerous, no?
Not really,sure there have been a couple of incidents there in the past but stuff like that happens everywhere.

at least they would give it to a new country instead of the usual suspects.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The poor stadiums in this country will at least get a proper makeover
edit: Platini had nothing to do with it but I'm sure some will never believe it :lol:

Good choice.

France knows how to host successful footballing events. Hopefully when it comes around I will have the opportunity to go. I just hope England qualify for it in the first place!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Their Police can be right cnuts at times (though not as bad as the italians, but much less inclined to just stand about posing when they're not hitting people)

I'd rather every Euros was held in Germany by default.

Still, France should be a good'un hopefully. They know their foot

Decotron

errrr..

you mean the ones where the fans might as well stay back at home cause of the ginormous running tracks around the pitch? or the ones controlled by the Nazi police who beat up just about anyone and everyone who isn't Italian?

Yes there the ones, plus 3 new ones aswell.

Have you been to any matches in Italy yourself?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Their Police can be right cnuts at times (though not as bad as the italians, but much less inclined to just stand about posing when they're not hitting people)

I'd rather every Euros was held in Germany by default.

Still, France should be a good'un hopefully. They know their foot
Which foot do they know best?

zain

Believe
^^
We all so how United fans have been treated at Rome..
we've all heard numerous instances of bags and bottles full of urine being thrown at the away crowd at the San Siro...
Racist chants towards non-white players..

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
veiled attempt at ensuring France doesn't have to cheat its way to qualifying for a major tournament.
And most importantly the last 2 times France organized a tournament (Euro 1984 and WC1998) France won it.
Imagine in 6 years, a team with the likes of Benzema-Ben Arfa-Nasri-Menez at the top of their game :drool:

Crerand Legend

At least they wont have to "handle" the qualifiers. Sop to Platini and should not have been considered after what happened in Paris