Other leagues

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Wanted some opinions. I dont get to watch much of the italian and the spanish leagues these days bar the odd replay of a Barca or Real game. I wanted to know, from those who watch those leagues regularly or have decent knowledge of who's doing well there, who the best players there would be. Here if Gerrard and Lampard do well, they're the best midfielders in the world, Henry does well, hes the best player/striker in the world. Same goes for Terry. Its understandable hyping them up because thats all one sees, but surely there must be quality players in the other leagues as well.

Name your top players for each position:

Italian Serie A:
Goalkeeper(1)
Defenders(3)
Midfielders(3)
Strikers(3)

Same for La Liga.

Los Rojos

Gobbledygook from the plastic spastic
amolbhatia100 said:
Wanted some opinions. I dont get to watch much of the italian and the spanish leagues these days bar the odd replay of a Barca or Real game. I wanted to know, from those who watch those leagues regularly or have decent knowledge of who's doing well there, who the best players there would be. Here if Gerrard and Lampard do well, they're the best midfielders in the world, Henry does well, hes the best player/striker in the world. Same goes for Terry. Its understandable hyping them up because thats all one sees, but surely there must be quality players in the other leagues as well.

Name your top players for each position:

Italian Serie A:
Goalkeeper(1)
Defenders(3)
Midfielders(3)
Strikers(3)

Same for La Liga.
Buffon

Zanetti (although he's playing more in midfield nowadays)
Nesta
Cannavaro

De Rossi
Pirlo
Kaka

Toni
Shevchenko
Trezeguet

A few debateables in there, Trezegeut hasn't been brilliant but he's scored shedloads yet again, Buffon hasn't played all season but he's been imperious since his return. Could have put Zambrotta in ahead of Zanetti too.

La Liga:

Casillas

Puyol
Marquez
Juanito

Xavi
Aimar
Riquelme

Eto'o
Ronaldinho
Villa

Toughy that, I could easily have added Pablo Ibanez, Javi Venta, Ayala, Marcos Senna, Baraja, Albelda, Messi....

karan316

Bases on this seasons performances alone, I wouldnt have players like Pirlo and Baraja in there... they've been very poor

I think these have been the top performers in the Serie A this season

GK - Amelia
Def - Cannavaro, Panucci, Pasquale
Mid - Fiore, De Rossi, Kaka
Att - Toni, Totti, Trezeguet

La liga -

GK - Casillas
Def - Puyol, Marquez, Daniel Alves
Mid - Riquelme, Xavi, Maresca
Att - Eto'o, Ronaldinho, David Villa

UnitedIrishman

Based on what I've seen in both leagues: