Ibrahim Afellay

Mainoldo

DUTCH star Ibrahim Afellay has set his sights on a move to England — with either Manchester United or Liverpool his preferred destination.

The 24-year-old PSV winger is one of the hottest prospects in Europe and made three appearances for Holland during the World Cup.

A host of top clubs are chasing his signature, with Italian giants Juventus and Inter Milan both said to be keen.

But with his current contract set to expire next summer, Afellay has made it clear England is where he wants to move to.

He said: "Playing in the Premier League would be best for my prestige.

"I'd like to play for Liverpool or Manchester United — the top-level prospect for any player."

Afellay has won 30 caps for Holland and bagged a brace as they beat Sweden 4-1 on Tuesday.

Read more: Ibrahim Afellay fancies Man United or Liverpool switch | The Sun |Sport|Football

Good signing?? Feel he has the potential to eventually be an excellent centre midfielder in the mold of schweinsteiger and Giggs.

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
Schweinsteiger and Giggs aren't really similar players are they?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Well his spectrum of abition is certainly wide.

"I'd either like to be involved in a title race, or failing that, a relegation battle."

Fair enough.

Alex

I rate him highly, I think he would be great to bring in in January for a nominal fee to add something to the side with the Valencia out, I am sure since he will be on a free that his club will take a something rather than nothing for him but you never know

AttackingFlair

Both started off as wingers and ended up as quality creative central midfielders?
But I guess Schweinsteiger was a failure as a winger, whereas Giggs was one of the best of his generation. Would say Giggs is a lot more creative than Schweinsteiger and both bring different qualities to midfield. Quite a bizarre comparison really!

Redrage

Get him here Fergie.

Mostly he won't. We have Obertan and that boy Bebe.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
But I guess Schweinsteiger was a failure as a winger, whereas Giggs was one of the best of his generation. Would say Giggs is a lot more creative than Schweinsteiger and both bring different qualities to midfield. Quite a bizarre comparison really!
Very true. They're completely different so being the mould of both of them would be a hell of a player!

Giggs is more about class on the ball and creating lots of chances whereas Schweinsteiger (yes i compied your spelling) is more of a complete midfielder.

Devilton

Looked quite good during his brief run outs in the WC. Pacy and willing to take on defenders. Would love to see him at OT.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If we sign him and he doesn't perform in his first two-three matches, the muppets here will complain that we've signed another "value" player.

Point Prunier

If we sign him and he doesn't perform in his first two-three matches, the muppets here will complain that we've signed another "value" player.
Is that a reason not to sign him?

Afellay is several notches up from the players we've signed since Ronaldo left.

I doubt he'd struggle in his first few games, but even if he did; there's enough reassurance/evidence to point to him being an excellent signing, when measured against some of the others we've brought in recently (not to say they wont make it though)

Depending on which paper you read:

Valencia: £16-£18
Owen: Free
Smalling: £12 mil.
Hernandez: £10 mil
Bebe: £7 mil

If the above are ‘value singings’ (particularly Valencia at the inflated price we paid for him) then I don’t think there could be any arguments around getting Afellay in on a free. He’d be an excellent signing.

However, like others have said – I doubt we’ll get involved when looking at some of the other talent we’ve let pass us by.

Mainoldo

Very true. They're completely different so being the mould of both of them would be a hell of a player!

Giggs is more about class on the ball and creating lots of chances whereas Schweinsteiger (yes i compied your spelling) is more of a complete midfielder.
I think you'll be here all day trying to compare who is exactly the same as the other player i was getting across that all players started off on the wing and had to quality to transfer their skills into the centre of the park with great effect.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Let the muppets think that then. No matter how he might perform at least he'd always have a resale value on him, worst case scenario.