£15m for Crouch ?

prateik

:lol:

who will be that stupid

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has slapped a £15million price tag on England striker Peter Crouch.

"Crouch wants to play every week but knows he must fight it out with Fernando Torres," Benitez said.

"We keep seeing Portsmouth linked with the player but we have had no offer as yet.

"A £15m price tag would not be unreasonable."

:houllier:

Merman

who will be that stupid

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has slapped a £15million price tag on England striker Peter Crouch.

"Crouch wants to play every week but knows he must fight it out with Fernando Torres," Benitez said.

"We keep seeing Portsmouth linked with the player but we have had no offer as yet.

"A £15m price tag would not be unreasonable."

:houllier:
No, he need not. You can drop Kuyt instead, but thank God you're fecking deluded.

prateik

and he has just 1 year left in his contract .. there is no way he will sign a new deal

5m and he's gone .. or he might have to buy out his contract

noone will pay 15 for someone who wants out and has just 12 months left in his contract

o and btw , kujit plays on the right , or atleast tries to .. crouch cant do that

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Hes clearly a decent player who deserves to be in the team ahead of shite like Kuyt and Voronin. Every time he plays he offers something the other 2 cant.
Torres and Crouch would probably work as a partnership. But Benitez is an idiot.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
He will score goals. There is a 20 goal a season striker there. If he was tied to a long contract, Liverpool would get close to 15m. As it is, they'll be lucky to get half.

pert

I rate Crouch

£8-10 mil max I would value him

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Would like to see him go back to Portsmouth. The little and large act of him and Defoe could be good to watch... and maybe beneficial to England.

sully07

Excellent signing for anyone outside the top 4. Good for 20+ goals and one of the best at holding up the ball and relieving pressure in the premiership.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I rate Crouch

£8-10 mil max I would value him
I agree with Pert,

Obviously he's not good enough for us but he'd be a great signing for a Pompy or a Newcastle

Havak

Pokemon master
Actually, to be honest, if Crouch actually had a full season at a decent club, playing in the first team and performed as well as I think he can, he'd probably be worth that much.

But I agree with Pert on the 8-10m value, and that Liverpool trying him with just one year left on his contract for 15m is a joke. I think he'd be a good signing for any team really though, and let's be honest, for that price tag, Liverpool's asking price will be talked down if anyone shows interest. If he goes for more than 12m I'll be surprised.

Blackburn, Man City, Aston Villa, Portsmouth etc are teams I'd expect to be interested. I wouldn't be surprised if Man Utd showed a little interest if we could get him for around 8m.

davisjw

Actually, to be honest, if Crouch actually had a full season at a decent club, playing in the first team and performed as well as I think he can, he'd probably be worth that much.

But I agree with Pert on the 8-10m value, and that Liverpool trying him with just one year left on his contract for 15m is a joke. I think he'd be a good signing for any team really though, and let's be honest, for that price tag, Liverpool's asking price will be talked down if anyone shows interest. If he goes for more than 12m I'll be surprised.

Blackburn, Man City, Aston Villa, Portsmouth etc are teams I'd expect to be interested. I wouldn't be surprised if Man Utd showed a little interest if we could get him for around 8m.
I'd agree, Crouch has proven he can do it in the Premier and no matter what he does for Liverpool they always drop him the next match and they wonder why they're so far behind...

If Bent is worth in that region then Crouch surely is but with 1 year left they'll have to accept I'd say 10.

Portsmouth are probably the most likely, can't see Villa going for them, Blackburn probably can't afford him (though him and Santa Cruz would work very well), City maybe.

Everton would be my best bet.

It'd be interesting him coming here but so far I haven't been impressed with the Crouch/ Rooney combo on the international level plus he's already been tainted and 'Pool will not be looking to sell to us.

I want a more fluid proper center forward like Saha but Crouch can get it done- just in a slightly less ambitious side....

Everton or Portsmouth would be the likely destination.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
And what were Liverpool offering for Gareth Barry?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
15 millions ?!

You can sign Huntelaar for that kind of money !
actually, crucify me if you must, But I'd love to see Crouch at United. I think he would act as a perfect bench player who gives an a totally extra new dimension. Abit like players like Denis Irwin or Nicky Butt in that he is not given due recognition for the talent he posseses.

Would far prefer him to an unproven Hunteler etc.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
actually, crucify me if you must, But I'd love to see Crouch at United. I think he would act as a perfect bench player who gives an a totally extra new dimension. Abit like players like Denis Irwin or Nicky Butt in that he is not given due recognition for the talent he posseses.

:lol: fecking WUM

Kaos

Benitez really is abit of stingy delusional,

Wants to buy Barry for £10mill yet asks for £15mill for Crouch.

Addict

i don't know if he is serious or not

Decotron

I'd agree, Crouch has proven he can do it in the Premier and no matter what he does for Liverpool they always drop him the next match and they wonder why they're so far behind...

If Bent is worth in that region then Crouch surely is but with 1 year left they'll have to accept I'd say 10.

Portsmouth are probably the most likely, can't see Villa going for them, Blackburn probably can't afford him (though him and Santa Cruz would work very well), City maybe.

Everton would be my best bet.

It'd be interesting him coming here but so far I haven't been impressed with the Crouch/ Rooney combo on the international level plus he's already been tainted and 'Pool will not be looking to sell to us.

I want a more fluid proper center forward like Saha but Crouch can get it done- just in a slightly less ambitious side....

Everton or Portsmouth would be the likely destination.
Im sorry but Id be ashamed if he played for us, thats probably harsh I know but he doesnt represent the calibre of football we play and aspire to play. People argue that "hes a different option" i dont see it personally and considering his size I think he's shit in the air! Id prefer to sign his bird for 15million:D

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The thing is, he's actually quite a bit better than what he gets given credit for. The problem is that every team he plays for invariably stops playing football and starts just kicking long balls up for him to win. That's not his fault, if his team ignored his height and kept playing normal football then he'd do even better. Like Viduka he has much better footballing ability in his feet than most people realise (when he's not windmilling around clumsily).

If we're after a true #3 striker, we could do much worse. Personally however, I want someone like Benzema or Berbatov who will provide competition for Rooney and Tevez for the starting spots.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with

I'd just say that Denis Irwin was not underrated. Every man and his dog knew Irwin was top class.