‘Robbo - The Bryan Robson story’ (new film)

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Looks promising. Great quote from Eric in the trailer there.

Foxbatt

A new film coming out in November. Interviews with SAF, ex players, fans.

Tag line “Captain. Leader. Icon”.… all three are true but ‘leader’ is the most appropriate, yet still doesn’t do him justice. I’ve seen a LOT of great United players over the years but still haven’t see another like him … consistently dragged United to results we simply shouldn’t have got.

https://www.heavyjacketproductions.co.uk/
I saw him many times for United and a few times for England. It was against Yugoslavia at Wembley that had me so amazed. He was tackling in the penalty box and then running at the other end to score. It was a one man show. He scored two goals and Bobby Robson took him off. He should have kept him for his hat trick. Is there anything he cannot do on the pitch? He is very good in tackling, passing, heading, shooting from long range too.
The QF against Barcelona and Maradona comes to mind. We had no business beating them 3-0 at OT after going down 2-0 in Barcelona. But he scored another 2 goals to get us thru. I was lucky to be at OT for this game. What noise and what atmosphere that night. I still maintain that if he had played in the semis against Juventus we would have won that tie. We only lost by 1 goal. No Robson and no Wilkins either.

Foxbatt

Cup winners cup, quarter final second leg against Barcelona, Immense performance. Just typical Robbo.
I was so lucky to be there at OT. Never seen an atmosphere like that ever. The noise was unbelievable.

SirMattlives

Captain Marvel indeed. Still remember a less exotic time than the Barca comeback, instead a dull home game (v Luton) at OT when Fergie was still trying to piece the jigsaw and we were struggling, probably 88 0r 89. Robbo was on the subs bench coming back from one of his injuries (oh how he threw himself about fearlessly). When he made an appearance, not only did the ground come alive but the team suddenly seemed to take on another character and began playing with dominance. He just had that about him…players around him all played better because he was there and the team seemed to drive on with one mind. I do tell young fans that and they probably roll their eyes but he really had that effect. What we’d give for a player like that now.

UTD_Since_1978

Great player...if he wasn't injured during the 85/86 season UTD might've gone on to win the league that season having started the season winning their first 10 league games, who remembers that? Mind you, might've also meant no Fergie, who knows?

Kristjan

Retired Dictator
Fave player ever and the reason I started following United as an 8 year old when he was bought by United.

Foxbatt

Captain Marvel indeed. Still remember a less exotic time than the Barca comeback, instead a dull home game (v Luton) at OT when Fergie was still trying to piece the jigsaw and we were struggling, probably 88 0r 89. Robbo was on the subs bench coming back from one of his injuries (oh how he threw himself about fearlessly). When he made an appearance, not only did the ground come alive but the team suddenly seemed to take on another character and began playing with dominance. He just had that about him…players around him all played better because he was there and the team seemed to drive on with one mind. I do tell young fans that and they probably roll their eyes but he really had that effect. What we’d give for a player like that now.
The crowd is not so supportive of him always. I also remember a game against Coventry ( I think) when Turner was in goal for us. he was coming back from an injury and he did not have a good game. I was very close up and some in the crowd shouting at him " What the feck Robbo". He glanced up and I could see the anguish in his eyes. He was Captain Marvel for club and country.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Maguire looks a bit out of place there :lol:

Where would one be able to watch this?

GueRed

The best centre midfielder in my time watching united. Complete player..

I hope the film is good.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Not from my time unfortunately but which one will you guys who seen him play choose as the superior performance

Robo vs Barca at old Trafford
Keane vs juve at Turin

And overall how do you compare their attributes as leaders and players

Spoony

The People's President
Like Eccleston said that's how I'd play if I had the gifts. I wanted to be Bryan Robson... sadly his granny was probably better than me.

GueRed

Like Eccleston said that's how I'd play if I had the gifts. I wanted to be Bryan Robson... sadly his granny was probably better than me.
In the school yard 'I was' Bryan Robson.

Or Mark Hughes..depending what kind of goal I scored.

UTD_Since_1978

Robbo was & always will be a UTD legend. I'm glad he finally won a PL/Div 1 title medal back in 93 even though his best days were past him during that season because he stuck with UTD despite huge interest from Italy back in the day.