‘Trophies aren’t important’ - Solskjaer

Status
Not open for further replies.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Quite a shocking thing for a Manchester United manager to say. SAF always spoke of the importance of winning games and trophies and creating that winning mentality within the club. If Moyes had have said this he’d have been rightly criticised. An absolutely terrible thing for a United manager to say.

Shiva87

Nothing comment. He is not saying we should not win them. He is only expressing that if we focus on progress, trophies will come.

A one off FA Cup win doesnt say that United are back as a club.

See no issue with that.

kettledrumhamster

I hate how much people judge performance on cups. Cups are at least 50% luck of the draw. They're nice, but they don't really say much about quality or performance across a season like a league position does.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Quite a shocking thing for a Manchester United manager to say. SAF always spoke of the importance of winning games and trophies and creating that winning mentality within the club. If Moyes had have said this he’d have been rightly criticised. An absolutely terrible thing for a United manager to say.

Ha! Top notch shit-stirring.

RUCK4444

Why are there now two fecking threads on an absolute nothing comment that anybody with an ounce of sense would appreciate makes sense!?

edcunited1878

Simon Stone's tweet crammed together two to three different answers from two to three different questions.

This thread should be closed and doesn't promote anything positive or worthy of constructive comments.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Why are there now two fecking threads on an absolute nothing comment that anybody with an ounce of sense would appreciate makes sense!?
I didn’t see a thread, but when the United manager says trophies are no longer important then we are done as a club.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I didn’t see a thread, but when the United manager says trophies are no longer important then we are done as a club.
He didn't say that you are shit stirring and as a Scout this time you are doing the forum a mis-service.

Windups are your thing I get it but this is poor.

RUCK4444

Well I suggest you read the actual transcript of what Ole said or better yet every negative fecker here should watch the actual press conference.

He says nothing of the sort, simply points out the glaring obvious that league position is a clearer indication of progress, which it is.

Infra-red

Of course he doesn't want the focus to be on trophies - his predecessors won them and he hasn't.

Trophies are not "an ego thing", they are United's raison d'être. The "United way" is a fairly vague concept, but if there was one trait that encapsulates what the club has been about in the last 30 years, it's 'winning'.

Paul_Scholes18

I think we need a better manager after this season, but his full quote is quite good.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

I’m more shocking how you can translate that into‘Trophies aren’t important’

Mike Smalling

He has a point. Arsenal keep winning the FA Cup every other year and are still dogshit.

tayside red

Ole may be a lot of things...but even he knows if he said something like that he'd be hung out to dry by half the World, and Scousers

Paul_Scholes18

He has a point. Arsenal keep winning the FA Cup every other year and are still dogshit.
They got the trophies though and great cup wins.

The point of playing football is to win things in my opinion. That should be the aim.

For owners avoiding relegation or getting higher up in the league might give more money, but for fans that is not what it should be all about.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
But he didn’t say what the thread title says :lol:

a regular wum thread starter and and a Bayern fan start a thread, both for wumming reasons

Deery

Dreary
If we were 5th in the league he’d be saying the exact opposite, he’s talking shite and I don’t think it’s the wisest thing to say before a big Europa League game.

lsd

The Oracle
Shocking how the op can be shocked at something Ole never said

Suedesi

What a shitty thread title @esmufc07

You took "I've been here 2 + half years. Felt big rebuild was needed. It is in league position where you see if there is progress. Trophies can be ego thing for managers + clubs. If we perform well enough trophies will come. But trophies don’t say we are back" and editorialized that into "trophies aren't important".

Well done, Daily Mail might want to hire you.

laughtersassassin

His quotes are being slightly taken our of context.

But a trophy thus year should really be our aim

Paul_Scholes18

He should say. If we fail to win any trophies then I will resign after this season since the club deserves a winner that can bring them home. I think I made the job well to help that manager out if it is the case though and I will do my best to take us to second place and CL spot.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think this guys threads are supposed to be wumming or something?

The shtick is well worn by now.

Theo Cherry

This is his David ''Liverpool are favourites'' Moyes moment!

What a shockingly-naive statement to make.

Edit: and for people saying he's right, is the Premier League not a trophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.