“Fan Journalists”

Lyng

Flex and KG are great. KG was good in Ted Lasso as well.
Goldbridge is weird. I cannot stand listening to him on united stand but whenever he pops up on other people's channels he seems like a completely different person.
Dont really watch United Stand.

United people's TV's guy seems like a nice bloke.

Paddock is a mixed bag. I really like Jay and enjoy McKola on there and on his own, but whenever he is a part of The Kick Off he comes of as a complete tool.
Don't even get me started on Howson. Seems like an utter cnut. His comparing of Munich to the Glazers and wishing death on Goldbridge tells you everything. He is the definition of the worst of our fanbase.

clarkydaz

Flex and KG are great. KG was good in Ted Lasso as well.
Goldbridge is weird. I cannot stand listening to him on united stand but whenever he pops up on other people's channels he seems like a completely different person.
Dont really watch United Stand.

Paddock is a mixed bag. I really like Jay and enjoy McKola on there and on his own, but whenever he is a part of The Kick Off he comes of as a complete tool.
Don't even get me started on Howson. Seems like an utter cnut. His comparing of Munich to the Glazers and wishing death on Goldbridge tells you everything. He is the definition of the worst of our fanbase.
Pretty sure he called DDG a foreign cnut on camera in the Europa final

UpWithRivers

What I dont get is them now getting directly involved with the club like press conferences and hanging around the players etc. Wont this just make them more like the official press and away from being true fan channels? Sure you can say Flex asked a half decent question but its controlled. No way they can say anything critical or really edgy even on Youtube because they wont be invited back. They are basically press now. A slightly looser form of press granted. But still controlled and therefore not a true fan channel if you are

SuperiorXI

I've watched The United Stand since it was at like 170k subs and have seen it evolve over time. Essentially it all boils down to you should take it at face value, it's a charismatic bloke being overly dramatic about his team on camera, often producing some funny moments but also comes out with a lot of rubbish. Not really any different to Steve down the pub.

I always thought Flex should have left earlier to do his own thing, he clearly had the talent and made The United Stand a really good channel, he was basically the balance to Goldbridge and the channel has definitely gone down in quality since he left. The United View is decent, they've just started up so I expect them to improve. KG is hilarious, real funny guy and nice person.

Stretford Paddock also has a bunch of nice people who are funny like Jay and Joe. Howson does say some funny stuff sometimes and does spend a lot of time researching stuff and can provide some insights, but he is also very arrogant at times, seems like he loves the sound of his own voice.

Just started watching United People's TV, not that entertained so far to be honest. Seems like a nice chap but his videos are boring me.

I was shocked the other day when I saw Goldbridge getting 59k live views on a match watchalong... that's crazy.

Brophs

The One and Only
This Saturday my mate took me to The Guardian Football Weekly live show. It was a laugh, but you definitely get the sense that these supposed top tier journalists have about as much insight as the rest of us. Nothing that isn't regularly expressed or echoed here was shared, and there was no great reveals or anything like that.

At the end of the day, football journalists go into the profession because it enables to write about the sport they love. Everyone's a fan really.
Depends what you mean. In terms of tactics and understanding of the game, maybe. I probably don’t agree but it’s arguable. In terms of transfers, we hear maybe 5% of what they hear. There are more than enough people around football willing to tell them stuff, however true.

roseguy64

It seems that the club have been trying to embrace fan channels in recent years, so I'm not too surprised to see that this guy 'Flex' has been invited to ask a question. I've never heard of him, but his question was an oasis surrounded by inane Ronaldo drivel from the Manchester hack pack.
It's probably been said already but another fan channel Stetford Paddock was supposed to be in the press conference too but was late. So seems you're right.

roseguy64

This Saturday my mate took me to The Guardian Football Weekly live show. It was a laugh, but you definitely get the sense that these supposed top tier journalists have about as much insight as the rest of us. Nothing that isn't regularly expressed or echoed here was shared, and there was no great reveals or anything like that.

At the end of the day, football journalists go into the profession because it enables to write about the sport they love. Everyone's a fan really.
Nedum Onouha said something similar. He played for a team of journalists in some charity/kick about and the level of football knowledge he said wasn't great.

He was speaking about it on either Guardian Football Weekly or ESPN within 2022.

So yeah just because someone's a football journalist doesn't mean their opinion is sensible. He quickly gave up trying to direct them and just played his own game.

flameinthesun

Another good example of having fans asking questions, the question about Sancho on the right is not the most complicated question but it at least gets EtH talking and highlighting what we know which is we have a strong left side but really need to develop our threat down the right.