“Robbo”

Josh 76

Robson, Keane, Ince all played in Midfield in this game. Has there ever been a midfield like it!

Foxbatt

I was lucky to see him at his best. Also saw him score two goals for England and Bobby Robson hooked him off. The crowd was absolutely furious.

galwayfa

I was lucky to see him at his best. Also saw him score two goals for England and Bobby Robson hooked him off. The crowd was absolutely furious.
Why was he hooked off, didn't think apart from injury he ever taken off

wolvored

Easily the best player I saw play live. My all time favourite Utd player. I always said if he had been 5 years younger and Fergie had have signed him in 86 we maybe would have at least another European Cup/Ch Lge and Premier title.

miked99

He was an amazing player. We had a bunch of talented individuals in the 80s who in theory could beat anyone. But when Robbo was injured the fight and drive went out of the team. He was utterly irreplacable.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Is he underrated? Feels like it’s only United fans that mention him, even England fans don’t seem to bring him up.

tompo18

Yep, my favourite player as a kid, I was Robson when I was playing football with my mates.

We've had some fantastic central midfield players, Robson, Ince, Keane and Scholes for example; but Robson will always be my favourite.

berbasloth4

really enjoyed the movie myself. unfortunately to young to have seen him in his prime. What a man and player he seems to be. and when ya look back his managerial career is very underrated too

Foxbatt

Why was he hooked off, didn't think apart from injury he ever taken off
No he was not injured. It was maybe a friendly? I can tell you that he tackled in his own box and then went on and scored at the other end. Wembley was rocking when they saw that. We all wanted to see him score a hat trick.

Denis79

Is he underrated? Feels like it’s only United fans that mention him, even England fans don’t seem to bring him up.
If he had started his United career in 1993 he would have been considered to be absolute world-class by rival fans as well.

Foxbatt

They appreciated him. It was that he was injured during most of the international competitions.
When England got hammered by The Dutch in 1988, he was the best player.

arthurka

Was my hero, had the full kit when I was younger wanted nothing more than to be like Robson. Ok maybe a bit like Ásgeir Sigurvinsson but mostly Robbo. Brilliant movie and it took be back to my youth in an instant, loved it.

Oranges038

Will have to watch it. Watched this and a few other bits on YouTube recently. What a player he was and he just seems so down to earth as well.

Blood Mage

Scholes will always be my all-time favourite United midfielder but Robbo is a close second. Definitely our best ever captain (sorry Keano).

lex talionis

Absolute legend. Would have walked into any England XI from 1966 to the present day. Goosebumps just thinking about how great he was at his peak.

I'm a beautiful thing

im an irish man. if robbo played in 1990 england had another world cup!!
Agreed, the best midfield player I've seen at United, I've been going since the late sixties, not my favourite player because for all his faults it's still George but a close second
Robbo could change a game on his own and did so many times

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Just finished that, great watch, so many memories. Interesting that he picked the Cup Winner's Cup final against Barca as his greatest ever performance. I can't even remember that much about him that night apart from his part in the goals.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Fantastic player and leader who was very unlucky with injuries.Partly to blame himself for being so bloody brave.
My favourite memory of him was that sensational equalizer in Maine Rd against the Dirties in the 85 FACup reply. A cracker!

davidmichael

Compared to todays players, who is most like him?
Closest comparison I could make is Steven Gerrard between 2005 and 2012 where he was basically the whole team on his own at some points and whilst surrounded by good to decent individual players the team as a whole didn’t function or have the same drive without him in the team, difference was Robson was better than Gerrard.