“We don’t need him we have”

spiriticon

The bit where you said they would have a guaranteed first spot in any of the best teams in Europe and have no competition for their place.
I think they would, if they all fulfill their top potential in the next couple of years.

Of course there's every chance that one, or all of them turn out to be failures, in which case they'll be delighted to play for our reserves i'm sure. No problems for Ole.

EwanI Ted

I think they would, if they all fulfill their top potential in the next couple of years.

Of course there's every chance that one, or all of them turn out to be failures, in which case they'll be delighted to play for our reserves i'm sure. No problems for Ole.
So what you’re talking about is a hypothetical situation several years in the future where our front line is so good that our bench players could walk into Bayern, Barca or Juve’s first team and... what exactly are you saying? That we should avoid this incredible situation?

spiriticon

So what you’re talking about is a hypothetical situation several years in the future where our front line is so good that our bench players could walk into Bayern, Barca or Juve’s first team and... what exactly are you saying? That we should avoid this incredible situation?
Yeah of course we have to think for a few years ahead. We are unlikely to challenge for the league in the next 2 years I don't think.

spiriticon

Best attack in Europe by a mile, but we won’t be challenging?
Of course not. Our defence is only just slightly above acceptable and our keeper is inconsistent.

And these kids will definitely not be the best attack in Europe next year. Not yet. Still a ways to go.

EwanI Ted

Of course not. Our defence is only just slightly above acceptable and our keeper is inconsistent.

And these kids will definitely not be the best attack in Europe next year. Not yet. Still a ways to go.
So just how many years into the future is this hypothetical situation we should be worrying about?

spiriticon

So just how many years into the future is this hypothetical situation we should be worrying about?
Who knows? But sure as hell the team has to stay together longer than a year or two.

We need to avoid an Angel Di Maria situation where he's here and then poof pretty much gone in less than a year.

Anyway if Sancho comes I think he will defo be in the team. It's one of the other 3 who will be the loser. I don't know who though.

The United

A few days ago, Ole said pretty much that at United, you will be expecting to compete with other good players. He gave the examples of how many top strikers the club brought into while he was here playing. I think Sancho or a RM is coming with James seems to be playing on the left mainly since the restart now. Greenwood will be a top player if he keeps on developing. For that, he will need a competition as well. We are actually pretty light in our forward options.

I don't worry about Ole not bringing in more attacking players just because of the form that our front 3 are showing right now. He will get some.

EwanI Ted

Who knows? But sure as hell the team has to stay together longer than a year or two.

We need to avoid an Angel Di Maria situation where he's here and then poof pretty much gone in less than a year.
So let me get this straight... we should be cautious about having too many good players at the club because theres a hypothetical situation where in three or more years they may become so much better than every other team around that the worst of them would walk into the best teams in Europe and thus may choose to put in transfer request?

Forgive me for not getting too worked up over that prospect.

spiriticon

So let me get this straight... we should be cautious about having too many good players at the club because theres a hypothetical situation where in three or more years they may become so much better than every other team around that the worst of them would walk into the best teams in Europe and thus may choose to put in transfer request?

Forgive me for not getting too worked up over that prospect.
I'm not saying you need to be cautious about anything at all. On the contrary I say go for it and good luck. I'm already waiting to print my Sancho shirt.

I'm saying realistically, it's unlikely you will ever get a situation where you have multiple world class players in the same position in the team for a long time because inevitably human nature means after a while on the bench they start to look elsewhere.

All of this '2 world class players in every position' nonsense needs to take a raincheck

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think the one that upsets me is people saying we should spend 40m on Grealish to be a rotational player. Then we bring up how we had Berbatov Rooney Ronaldo Tevez Nani Giggs Nani Park or Ole Cole Yorke and Sherrignham. Like we never bought any of those players for the equivalent of 40m in that time to be rotational players

Lelouch geass

I don't get it. 2 world class players in each positions? I struggled to maintain their happiness in FM, let alone real life!

See the benchmark team now, Liverpool doesn't have 2 world class players in each positions.. the team just work as a team, and that's good enough to win titles.

Signing Sancho is fine, but don't be surprised if Martial or Rashford left sometime in the near future.
City not winning the title this season has still better chance of finishing the top next season due to class squad depth. SAF used to have top striker options. 5 sub rule will make game at higher pace next season. Big and quality squad is must from next seasom imo.

spiriticon

Then we bring up how we had Berbatov Rooney Ronaldo Tevez
We had those players in the same team for a total of one season, and Tevez spent that entire season being a grouch.

And I don't know about you but I wouldn't class Sheringham or Ole as world class...

jamesjimmybyrondean

Usually you don't buy a player 40m or more to be rotation. What happens is you buy a player with potential that starts on the bench and graduates to the starting 11 but if they don't make that transition they stay on the bench and look like solid depth eg Isco Rodiguez Jesus Bernando Silva etc. Or you spend cash on a player meant to start but ends up flopping and relegates to the bench and the players reputation makes it look like he's Sid depth eg Bale, Coutinho etc. Or you get a solid player for dirt cheap purely for rotation eg Minamimo, James, Ighalo

So for me it's not about we don't need Sancho or Grealish because we already have Greenwood and Bruno. For me it's about we don't need to spend so much (40m +) if the player is meant for rotation.

jamesjimmybyrondean

We had those players in the same team for a total of one season, and Tevez spent that entire season being a grouch.

And I don't about you but I wouldn't class Sheringham or Ole as world class either...
Its not my opinion, it's what I've seen the Caf say when talking about our need for depth