10 stars of the future?

ryan cook

Angel Gomes looks an unbelievable player. Can not wait till he gets a debut in the first team. It's a shame his debut will be a couple of years away.

WhoDaGOAT

For me Angel Gomes, Tuanzebe, Williams should be dead certs.
I don't think RoShaun is as certain as people think. We have a lot of centre back and none of them are old, so there's probably only going to be enough room for one out of Poole, RoShaun and Tuanzebe.

Hopefully as many of them can make it as possible, but we've seen how difficult it is to break through and then remain a mainstay.

We need an rvn

Gamma Cephei as a future North Star. Our present North Star, which we know as Polaris, will continue to reign as the northern pole star for centuries to come.

But our present-day Polaris won’t remain the North Star forever, due to a motion of Earth known as the precession of the equinoxes. Gamma Cephei stands next in line to inherit the North Star title. This star will be closer to the north celestial pole than Polaris around 3000 CE. It will most closely mark the north celestial pole around 4000 CE.

But – due to precession – Earth’s northern axis will continue to trace its great circle among the northern stars. Around 7500 CD, Alderamin – Cepheus’ brightest star – will become the North Star. And ultimately, of course, our present-day Polaris will be the North Star once more.

Red_toad

For me Angel Gomes, Tuanzebe, Williams should be dead certs.
Ravel, should have been a dead cert. So many variables with young players, is very difficult to predict how they'll develop. But we do have quite a few exceptional you players on our books. Will be interesting to see how many make a good career for themselves.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
I don't think RoShaun is as certain as people think. We have a lot of centre back and none of them are old, so there's probably only going to be enough room for one out of Poole, RoShaun and Tuanzebe.

Hopefully as many of them can make it as possible, but we've seen how difficult it is to break through and then remain a mainstay.
Yeah true, but he's an immense talent still. In 4 years things can look very different, ask Jones or Evans. But you're right.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Gamma Cephei as a future North Star. Our present North Star, which we know as Polaris, will continue to reign as the northern pole star for centuries to come.

But our present-day Polaris won’t remain the North Star forever, due to a motion of Earth known as the precession of the equinoxes. Gamma Cephei stands next in line to inherit the North Star title. This star will be closer to the north celestial pole than Polaris around 3000 CE. It will most closely mark the north celestial pole around 4000 CE.

But – due to precession – Earth’s northern axis will continue to trace its great circle among the northern stars. Around 7500 CD, Alderamin – Cepheus’ brightest star – will become the North Star. And ultimately, of course, our present-day Polaris will be the North Star once more.
Thanks for sharing :confused:

khoazany

I think Gomes,Tuanzebe,Williams,Buffonge,Chong and O'Connor will hopefully make it out of those players.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think Gomes,Tuanzebe,Williams,Buffonge,Chong and O'Connor will hopefully make it out of those players.
Make it where? People need to realize that United will continue to spend big and that any big star could come in any position and who knows who the manager is at that stage and what tactics will be deployed.

If one manages to make it at United that would be huge.

WhoDaGOAT

Make it where? People need to realize that United will continue to spend big and that any big star could come in any position and who knows who the manager is at that stage and what tactics will be deployed.

The reason why there has been a review and massive restructuring of the Academy is so give the players and coaches the best possible opportunity to make it at first team level. We're bringing in a better calibre of youth player and this will only improve when our scouting network has been fully extended.

I agree that not everyone can make it, but it's obvious that the club wants a respectable inhouse production line to become a part of the Manchester United brand again. Blackett, McNair, Pereira, Rashford and Fosu-Mensah have played a lot of games between them and there's a good chance the latter trio will be still first team players next season.

As much as Academy fanatics can go overboard, there's enough evidence to be excited about players like Tuanzebe, Gomes, Chong and O'Connor.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The reason why there has been a review and massive restructuring of the Academy is so give the players and coaches the best possible opportunity to make it at first team level. We're bringing in a better calibre of youth player and this will only improve when our scouting network has been fully extended.

I agree that not everyone can make it, but it's obvious that the club wants a respectable inhouse production line to become a part of the Manchester United brand again. Blackett, McNair, Pereira, Rashford and Fosu-Mensah have played a lot of games between them and there's a good chance the latter trio will be still first team players next season.

As much as Academy fanatics can go overboard, there's enough evidence to be excited about players like Tuanzebe, Gomes, Chong and O'Connor.
Totally understand excitement but just don't agree when posters name 5/6 players and think they'll make it.

In a United starting XI.. If we could get one starter that is miraculous. Very talented bunch but they will also be competing with each other. Likelihood of a Gomes coming in and being thrown in to midfield is unlikely so his career would probably start out wide which would block the paths of others.

3KDré

I am curious to see who thinks Boonen, Burkart and Mitchell will make it?

WhoDaGOAT

Totally understand excitement but just don't agree when posters name 5/6 players and think they'll make it.

In a United starting XI.. If we could get one starter that is miraculous. Very talented bunch but they will also be competing with each other. Likelihood of a Gomes coming in and being thrown in to midfield is unlikely so his career would probably start out wide which would block the paths of others.
"Making it" doesn't necessarily mean becoming a regular stater right away.

Look at our wingers and full-backs. This is an area where we can still improve. Young is 31 and Valencia is 30. Memphis will likely be sold. As will Darmian.

There is an opportunity lying in wait for both Chong and O'Connor. Right back will definitely be up for grabs by the time the latter is 18. Chong can take Young's place within the next 18 months if things go well for him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Luckhurst reads the CAF for info it seems.
Luckhurst might not be great journalist when it comes to sources and transfers but when it comes to ManUtd and youth teams he is very good. He is a ManUtd fan who attends youth games.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

:lol:

spenzo

I am curious to see who thinks Boonen, Burkart and Mitchell will make it?
I do, all three. Burkart might struggle depending on any strikers that may come in over the next couple years but he looks to have massive potential and I can see him being fast-tracked through. Boonen is second only to Gomes for me out of the Under 18 attacking midfield players - probably the best finisher of the lot and is positionally and technically fantastic.

Mitchell is my favourite out of the Under-23 side alongside Tuanzebe. I honestly think that if he just gets a good run of games he'll force himself into contention should an opening come up in the first team, he's that good in my opinion.

khoazany

Make it at United. Of course couple of them will have career-ending injuries, some of them will be mismanaged/having too many competition/not progress as expected etc... But those are the players that are talented enough and seems having the mentality required in my opinion. The raw material is there and that's everything we can say before they make the step up. That's why I use the word "hopefully".

I don't get why people think the posters here don't know how tough it is to make it at this club and how unpredictable player development can be. We are not playing an academy version of fantasy league, we're just making informed opinions based on what we've seen.

Last edited:

jeepers

Great name for a player though.

And thanks, got me fooled for a bit until I read further. I was thinking North what???

Jaybomb

Tahith Chong and Angel Gomes are the main ones I'm excited about. I'm not gonna lie and say I know every U12-U18 player... but I'm buying into the hype on those guys.

R0nald0

Under a rug on top of a mountain under the stars.
I'm afraid that goes against what most have been written here. A poster describes 3 youth players as dead certs, another indicates that 5 players "should" make it. It's not so much how difficult player development is, it's just that it's so unreliable and a Great youth player often doesn't transpire into a good United first teamer. If one of the 3 of Angel Gomes, Tuanzebe, Williams makes it as a regular at United it would be fantastic, and tbh, a pleasant surprise! Not because I don't rate them at current level but you don't know if they'll make the step up until they do.

The Wilson/Rashford development is a really good example. Most people had Wilson nailed on for future stardom due to his youth performances whereas whlst Rashford was a good talent, he certainly wasn't hyped to the same level.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I'm afraid that goes against what most have been written here. A poster describes 3 youth players as dead certs, another indicates that 5 players "should" make it. It's not so much how difficult player development is, it's just that it's so unreliable and a Great youth player often doesn't transpire into a good United first teamer. If one of the 3 of Angel Gomes, Tuanzebe, Williams makes it as a regular at United it would be fantastic, and tbh, a pleasant surprise! Not because I don't rate them at current level but you don't know if they'll make the step up until they do.

The Wilson/Rashford development is a really good example. Most people had Wilson nailed on for future stardom due to his youth performances whereas whlst Rashford was a good talent, he certainly wasn't hyped to the same level.
Absolutely. A few years ago John Curtis was keeping Rio out of the England under 20set up. His positional sense and timing of the tackle and general reading of the game was exceptional. He played a few games, I believe, for the first team at right back but against Arsenal was given a right towsing was never picked again. There have been hundreds of examples. Equally there have been plenty of examples like Michael Keane, released and since blossomed. Its a lottery predicting stars of the future.

The United

And then, we have Mourinho.

Some players look impressive. But, to do well like rashford in first team will take a lot obviously.

We don't know how jose will use them if at all. The first team struggling to hit form can effect giving young players debuts. Sometimes you need someone who like to throw kids into matches and see how they do.

They didn't do too badly last year when it happened.

Ephrem

Rashford : No words needed here.

Mensah : Not a right back but the kid is trusted by Jose means he will continue to be in the first team . He is B2B for me.

Tuanzbe : Jose is already impressed with this guy . I believe we will see him making to the bench atleast at some point this season.

Williams : Barring injuries he will make it here. Calm,composed and a born leader and I will be so surprised if he didnt make it here.

Willock and Mitchel : The hidden gems . Not sure he will be a first team player but could be well in a for a squad player .

Poole : This guy is amazing . Have no idea where he will end up but the level of maturity he is showing is unbelievable.

Gribbin : Can turn out to be another Januzaj if he is not determined enough but with proper guidance and determintion he can fight for a place here.

Gomes , Boonen , Chong , Buffonge and Burkart : Anything could happen with these guys. But from what I have seen they have the ability.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Angel Gomes looks an unbelievable player. Can not wait till he gets a debut in the first team. It's a shame his debut will be a couple of years away.
He'd probably have started 5 league games by now if LVG was still here

prath92

With mourinho in charge it's unlikely we will have a lot of academy youngsters in the squad though.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
You're right. Look at virtually every premier league team, to get 6 players from the academy as starting players is next to impossible.

WhoDaGOAT

With mourinho in charge it's unlikely we will have a lot of academy youngsters in the squad though.
We already have 3 regulars in Lingard, Rashford and Fosu-Mensah. Johnstone has been on the bench this season.

Pereira will likely become a squad player next season, with Rooney and one or two others possibly leaving(Memphis and Young).

I think there is every reason to be hopeful. Mourinho will know that he has to attempt to bring some through.

Brightonian

Mourinho has made it pretty clear that it's been made pretty clear to him that he needs to be giving some kids some chances. He's unlikely to be as willing as LVG, but he'll be better than he was at Chelsea.