11 damning stats from today’s SNAFU

captaincantona

Yet for some, Ronaldo is the problem
Sprints mean fuk all if you are not sprinting for a purpose...to close down...to chase a through ball...to track back.City press better than most teams on the planet...that’s why their sprints are high cross the board. It’s different styles.

We don’t press...we look to pack areas and sporadically challenge for the ball. We are hopeless...

However, we did beat city and Liverpool under Ole...with a compact, very hardworking approach and quality in transition on the counter. We could not set up like that again because Ronaldo seemingly has to start. That’s a fact...our previous lineupS that did well against top sides often saw Dan James do the work of a winger and a full back simultaneously, Rashford make endless runs in behind so their back line were kept occupied and Martial showing quality hold up play in possession and hard work out of possession.

In short, Ronaldo ain’t the problem..no...but the manager only knows one way to beat or compete with top sides and that would mean starting without Ronaldo.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
As I stated, as bad as the Liverpool defeat. Manchester city toyed with us. I am guessing the only reason Ole is still with us is because our board can't find a caretaker until Pochettino, ten hag, Zidane, or another top manager is available. However, come next summer, I don't know if these top manager will choose us, especially if the city job get open.

mav_9me

It really was. Against the Scouse we tried to play on the front foot. Was it naive and a bit dumb considering you need a top drilled team to do this? Yes. But at least you could argue it was a brave approach.

Yesterday though all we did was try not to concede. At home.
We played with 7 defensive players. Saw nothing of the ball. Created feck all. And still conceded twice and should have lost by more had City taken their chances.

To top it all off City didn't seem to get out of the first gear. They never had to. Whereas you saw that Pool had a really really good game with everyone running their socks off, City hardly broke a sweat. We were dominated by a team that looked like they had a walk in the park after the 90 minutes.
The 2nd half for City I'd imagine was less intense than most of their training sessions.

This was worse than Liverpool, cuz against Liverpool we tried to go toe to toe and got schooled. Here we decided to keep it tight, park the bus, didn't do anything, City scored 2 goals without trying too hard. And 2nd half we just said we are all set, happy to go home with a 2-0 loss at home in local derby. 2nd half was a non event.