11 shot in French Quarter, New Orleans | Investigation ongoing | 1st December 2019

DavidDeSchmikes

This has gone quiet, and it is shocking how 11 injured in a shooting can just be under reported

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s New Orleans. I’m going to assume the victims were black and the news corporations are going to waste no more time discussing them.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
It’s New Orleans. I’m going to assume the victims were black and the news corporations are going to waste no more time discussing them.
From the articles, it sounds like there was an altercation between a group of people at a party/gathering and people started shooting. I would guess that the people involved aren't going to talk and other bystanders/witnesses didn't see enough or also aren't talking. Also, since it was potentially related to a gathering of people in town for a historically black college football game and no one died, it draws less press attention.

There was a local murder that sounds like similar circumstances where a man was killed in a party where there were 100+ people, yet no one would talk so it remains unsolved.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
From the articles, it sounds like there was an altercation between a group of people at a party/gathering and people started shooting. I would guess that the people involved aren't going to talk and other bystanders/witnesses didn't see enough or also aren't talking. Also, since it was potentially related to a gathering of people in town for a historically black college football game and no one died, it draws less press attention.

There was a local murder that sounds like similar circumstances where a man was killed in a party where there were 100+ people, yet no one would talk so it remains unsolved.
100 people 1 died and no one talked?

That's proposterous

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
100 people 1 died and no one talked?

That's proposterous
Not all 100 people saw it, but there were a group of roughly that many outside a club for a birthday. A fight broke out, and one man was shot. Police got an initial description, but no one talked after that to identify the shooter. It's been an unsolved case for 7-8 years.

nimic

something nice
Scout

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Bugger. Oh well. Viva Vlad!

Just for you @nimic

Suspect wanted in connection with Canal Street shooting arrested in St. Mary Parish

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 / 03:14 PM CST / Updated: Dec 10, 2019 / 06:06 PM CST

BALDWIN, La. (KLFY)- The U.S. Marshal’s Office have arrested one suspect and have issued a warrant for a second in a mass shooting on Canal Street in New Orleans on Dec. 1.
New Orleans police have confirmed that 21-year-old Stafford Starks of Baldwin was arrested Tuesday at his home.
His charges include attempted second degree murder, illegal use of a weapon and aggravated obstruction of justice.
Starks will be extradited back to Orleans Parish to face those charges, New Orleans Police confirmed.
Police said several of the victims in the shooting were from the St. Mary Parish area.
A warrant has been issued for a second suspect, 22-year-old LaBryson Polidor, of Jeanerette, (see below) according to New Orleans Police.

This is a developing that we will continue to follow throughout the evening and provide new information as it becomes available.