14yr old US Footballer on Trial

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Manchester United are giving a trial to American schoolboy forward Nick Taitague - the top-rated US prospect under the age of 15.
Taitague was spotted by United scouts at the recent Copa Mexico de Naciones tournament in which he helped his side achieve third place, despite being two years younger than the 15-year-old age limit.
The youngster, born in the same year United won their second European Cup - 1999, started in the third-place play-off against Paraguay, which was played in the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City.
'That was my best memory from the trip,' he said about playing in Azteca. 'I started and I thought I played well. It was my favourite experience.'
Taitague plays on the wing or as an attacking midfielder for FC Richmond in the USA but earned recognition for his displays during the US. U-14 and U-15 training camp in California this summer.
He is said to be a leading candidate to be called into the US soccer federation's Bradenton Residency program for the nation's top U-17 players – unless he is offered a place in the youth academy system of Manchester United or another large European club first.

The trial at United's Aon Training Complex began at the weekend.

http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premie...take-top-American-teen-on-trial/X1Y48Z1646509

More links:
http://www.soccerwire.com/news/midlothian-va-product-nick-taitague-14-earns-manchester-united-trial/

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Whatever happened to that 9 year old Aussie bloke we signed?

Feck, note - i may have gotten age and nationality wrong! :lol: Can't think of his name now.

Rhain something.

The Neviller

I thought this was a thread about a 14 year old footballer who had committed an illegal act and was on trial. Disappointing that he's just having a football trial, I was hoping for some violence and whatnot.

ciderman9000000

Yeah twelve years ago she'd have only been ten years old. If you were twenty-six at the time then that's not cool.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
You shagged a girl who was born in 1991 12 years ago? You do know that's not allowed don't you?
Razor sharp observation considering it wasn't exceptionally super-obvious that that was in fact the joke.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Well this thread turned out to be quite well.

jb8521

Taitague is the number 32 for the red team in this video

ravelston

Seemed to be injured making the tackle that led to our last goal before half time. Pity - looked very good - very composed on the ball and certainly not shy to shoot, which can't be bad in a midfield player. Pulled one wide in the early stages when clean through, then scored, hit the post and had a cracker saved. Not a bad trial.

lysglimt

Scout
hm...looking at these 15 year olds and comparing that to how I was at 15 - I am beginning to understand why I never came close to being a professional footballer :)

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Seemed to be injured making the tackle that led to our last goal before half time. Pity - looked very good - very composed on the ball and certainly not shy to shoot, which can't be bad in a midfield player. Pulled one wide in the early stages when clean through, then scored, hit the post and had a cracker saved. Not a bad trial.
What game/trial would this be? The Burnley game a month back?