15 mins of added time across two halves in Liverpool vs Villa (With referee playing on for additional 4)

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
As someone who watched the entirety of this game (Liverpool vs Aston Villa), can anyone explain me how and why this happened? +5 in 1st half, +10 in 2nd half

There was a head injury in first half, which took up couple of mins plus Villa scored a goal. So +5, and ref played on until 53' 11, so additional +3 on top of added time

In 2nd half, there was one goal, one goal ruled out on VAR, and one VAR check on Mings plus 6 subs in total. So +10, and ref played until 101, so additional +1 on top of added time

Someone please make sense of this for me, I'm dumbfounded.

ArmaDino

ETH needs to do a Klopp and start bringing this up. Last year after Klopp's "why do United get all the penalties" saw us barely get any.

ETH needs to start raising hell and put more pressure on officials.

Shiva87

Premier league trying desperately to keep the top 4 race live till the last weekend.

fully expecting a bunch of dubious decisions at the Chelsea game. Hopefully we make sure we dont lose

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I watched both games. Don’t know where the 10th yes came from.

redshaw

Bit like F1 where it's a director in charge, lets put another twist in. Blatant rigging of the game.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
ETH needs to do a Klopp and start bringing this up. Last year after Klopp's "why do United get all the penalties" saw us barely get any.

ETH needs to start raising hell and put more pressure on officials.
Agreed - the manager and squad need to use the "dark arts" more often in general

reddevilz007

Taking a thread off topic
Yeah you mean the one who has just won the Golden Glove.
Yeah the one that conceded more than Newcastle’s and City’s keeper, that can distribute the ball, that can’t command his box.
Your mentality is what will prevent this club from getting to the next level.

TheGame

Taking a thread off topic
Yeah the one that conceded more than Newcastle’s and City’s keeper, that can distribute the ball, that can’t command his box.
My mentality in celebrating our keeper has the most clean sheets in the league. Yeah let’s keep slagging our players off right?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I agree. It all comes down to what TheGame says on a football forum.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
On the train back from Spurs - tell me where they got 9 minutes from in the the second. Half - injury time is a total joke in the PL

So Joe Hart had a great season so what? Can’t we now celebrate our player achievements? I’m sure some on here would be shouting on the rooftops if Alisson won it and saying how good he is.
Yes, well done on DDG and our back 4 for winning the golden glove. However, DDG has not had a great season.

Like Joe Hart in 2016, DDG will need to be replaced in the summer.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Which fecking thread did I accidentally fall into, when I thought it was one about injury time?!

Corey

I researched this for my dissertation and various studies have shown that officials favour home teams in regards to the amount of injury time added on. And the more pressure the home crowd is able to exert on the officials, the more pronounced this home bias is.

The sooner football moves to a stop-clock, the better.

Dan_F

They scored in the 89th minute so it made no difference.

DickDastardly

I watched the whole game cause my provider didn't have our game.

First half, ok, there was a pen.
And a couple of head injuries, although he did give the initial 5 minutes but ended the half on 52:31, so that's 7 minutes extra.

Second half, beats the shit out of me where he found that 10.
Absolute joke.

Yeah, there were 6 times subs were on, but still...
Zero injuries, zero time wasting from Villa, Martinez maybe but he got carded straight away....

Abysmal refereeing.

DavidDeSchmikes

9 mins at Spurs & Wolves and 10 mins at Liverpool

Have refs decided to replicate the World Cup stoppage time

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
It's the darlings of the FA, Media, refs, VAR, pundits etc etc = Liverpool.
That's why.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
9 mins at Spurs & Wolves and 10 mins at Liverpool

Have refs decided to replicate the World Cup stoppage time
They actually said they had no plans to bring that to the Premier league.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They’re moaning about the ref being on Villa’s side on Rawk too

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hate Liverpool, but a couple of mins for Mings studding a guy, 10 subs (30secs each allows - 5mins) , 2-3mins for VAR to try and give Liverpool their goal.

At least 4 Villa players caught time wasting.
Not surprised that all added up to be honest!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

And a couple of head injuries, although he did give the initial 5 minutes but ended the half on 52:31, so that's 7 minutes extra.

Absolute joke.

Zero injuries, zero time wasting from Villa, Martinez maybe but he got carded straight away....

Abysmal refereeing.
Bloody hell mate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Young, Konsa and Martinez specifically were booked for time wasting.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hate Liverpool, but a couple of mins for Mings studding a guy, 10 subs (30secs each allows - 5mins) , 2-3mins for VAR to try and give Liverpool their goal.

At least 4 Villa players caught time wasting.
Not surprised that all added up to be honest!
So why doesn’t it get applied like that in other matches?

AndySmith1990

Think refs are told to make it up as they feel like to increase the drama. Like WWE

Darth Revan

Absolute joke.

Abysmal refereeing.
You forgot Villa left back was injured, and received treatment on the pitch, and then limped off with the help from other. And villa did time waste, Martinez got yellow in 77th minute. Can say i like it when ref add extra time for shithousery and time wasting, 90 minutes game, and added time, and ball is in play for approximately 55-60 min.

OldSchoolManc

Liverpool supporting head of the FA got on the blower. Was probably also speaking to Klopp in the crowd allegedly

Dansk

Wasn't it even more than 15? When I checked on flashscore, it said 45+9 when he finally whistled for half-time. Second half's added time also went to 11-something minutes. While I didn't watch the game, the match report adds up to about twenty minutes.

Klopp was supposed to get punished by the FA, but I guess they decided to do all they could to reward him for his abuse instead. It's so blatant at this point. It's like they're getting sloppy and complacent about hiding their deliberate efforts to help Liverpool.

Reckon there'll be a few more blog posts next week from Liverpool fans pretending to be freelance sports writers. There was a handful last week claiming refs were against them. Seemed uncannily timed right after yet another game where they got away with murder. Probably a few more of those coming next week in order to counterbalance the growing suspicions about the consistent help they're getting from officials. They know they're getting favorable treatment, but don't want to acknowledge that it happens, so they just insist that the opposite is the case. Propaganda, basically.

Last edited: