15 mins of added time across two halves in Liverpool vs Villa (With referee playing on for additional 4)

ShinjiNinja26

A fecking disgrace but what do you expect it’s the dippers at Anfield. Can’t have them losing when top 4 is still on the line. Yet that crying faced cnut Klopp has the brass neck to moan about other clubs getting favourable decisions.

JustinC00

Klopp was supposed to get punished by the FA, but I guess they decided to do all they could to reward him for his abuse instead.
I would say touchline bans are a joke since the guy was up in a box with an earpiece and radio in communication with his coaches on the bench and had staff next to him on a laptop which obviously had real-time analysis and video fed to it. But they finally dropped points so I guess it did it's job although league clearly tried to do everything to help with that extra time.

FA isn't gonna punish itself for its blatant bias and corruption so nothing will ever be done.

Remember the geese

A close scoreline. Tense finish and stakes are high = 10 minutes of injury time.

Liverpool are 3 or 4 up = Boring. Add on 2 or 3 minutes.

It's cheating and it isn't subtle.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I researched this for my dissertation and various studies have shown that officials favour home teams in regards to the amount of injury time added on. And the more pressure the home crowd is able to exert on the officials, the more pronounced this home bias is.

The sooner football moves to a stop-clock, the better.
feck me, they give degrees for shit like this? :houllier:

MonkeysMagic

Don't you know that refs are obliged to play on until they score! There is no tram in the PL that benefits from favourable decisions like Liv and their fans know it!

Dansk

Wonder if the FA will allow Liverpool to play an additional game in the hopes that they'll get enough points to make it into the top 4.

redshaw

Premier League should get Michael Masi in for the last day to save Pool.

Dansk

The fabled 39th game?
I mean, that's pretty much the natural next step in their efforts to help Liverpool, isn't it? They've gradually been pushing it towards a point where the next increment will have to involve something as shameless as that, because there aren't any more steps between that and what's going on now.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
The league is fixed to help Liverpool? Plus Spurs when they can.

Easiest just to tell it how it is.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So referees get pre-match orders to add all the time they can if Liverpool need a goal?

Come on...
Ifyou scroll back up, I'd started listing why there was 32mins of extra time today.
In the end I just went along with the narrative on here as it's easier.

Bangor_Red

I would say touchline bans are a joke since the guy was up in a box with an earpiece and radio in communication with his coaches on the bench and had staff next to him on a laptop which obviously had real-time analysis and video fed to it. But they finally dropped points so I guess it did it's job although league clearly tried to do everything to help with that extra time.

FA isn't gonna punish itself for its blatant bias and corruption so nothing will ever be done.
Was he also allowed into the dressing room at half time? If so then touchline bans are pointless

Corey

feck me, they give degrees for shit like this? :houllier:
Economics degree mate. :)
Managed to convince my professor that this came under “behavioural economics”. To be fair, I found a book on this stuff in the economics library.

cj_sparky

PGMOL are a weird bunch. Decide to go with added time like the world cup for the last two games of the season, completely ignoring the previous 36 matches and the staying consistent.

Same a few season ago, when they randomly changed their own handball rule.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
That ten minutes, which was briefed to the commentators prior to the equaliser, certainly felt dodgy to me. I was expecting 5 or 6, even taking Klopp-time into account.

Seemed a pretty blatant attempt to keep the top 4 race alive going into the final day since the title race will be over. Hopefully we can both put an end to the race before the corrupt scousers get to kick another ball anyway.