15 years ago today - 49 and out.

OL29

I remember listening to this match on BBC 5 Live with my brother and sister, I don’t think I’ve ever celebrated as much as I did when Rooney scored the second.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That game, and ending Arsenal's run was a reason I didn't think we'd lose at the weekend.
Shame it wasn't quite the win, but still broke their winning record chance.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How did Rio avoid a red for that challenge? :lol:

Funny how rules with football has moved on in a short time.

RIP Reyes.

FujiVice

How did Rio avoid a red for that challenge? :lol:

Funny how rules with football has moved on in a short time.
Well everyone on earth was stunned he never got a red for that at the time. The ref bottled it thankfully. Rio just came back from a 8 month suspension, and it was at Old Trafford. Riley wasnt going to face that backlash.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It was such a poetic game and result after their twatish behaviour at OT the season before.

Irwin99

Really bullied them in this but outplayed them in the two other games that season. It is a bit funny looking back at what we got away with :lol:

Arsenal didn't help themselves at the time though. If you watch some of those later matches again Vieria was constantly haranguing the referee instead of playing his usual game. If he'd kept his head a bit better they might have done better in those games (they didn't beat us once in a competitive game during those invincible years)

LVGSdive

We were very lucky that day. Neville and Ferdinand should have been sent off. The penalty was a dive.

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal
Not one of Mike Riley's finest moments that's for sure!

Arsenal run was always going to end at Old Trafford - not even sure their fans were confident. Looking at Rileys performance does make you wonder how he let so much slide.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Also it's just been brought to my attention that that goal from Rooney was a birthday special. 19 that day, 34 today. Many happy returns Wazza.