Gaming 2 switches. Minecraft. Is it possible?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Ok so I’ve a friend who’s 2 kids want to play Minecraft together. They have 2 switches.

All google talk about is Minecraft dungeons. but nothing I see about the original game

is it possible? If so, how?

Bosws87

Should work fine its cross platform so they wouldn't even need to be on a switch.

Code:
Q: What’s a Microsoft Account and why do I need it for a Nintendo Switch?
A: A Microsoft Account is a free account you can sign-in on device that allows Minecraft players on Switch to play with others on non-Nintendo devices like iOS, Android, Xbox One and Windows 10 via cross-play, Realms or Servers. Having a Microsoft Account also enables the portability of your MINECOINS and marketplace purchases to other devices and platforms. For more information go here. To create an account go to https://aka.ms/accountsettings

Q: Now that I have a Microsoft account, how do I sign into it from my Nintendo Switch?
a. On the Minecraft game home screen, click “Sign in with a Microsoft account”
b. It’ll bring up a screen to go to: http://aka.ms/remoteconnect with a unique 8 digit code
c. Enter the URL on another device (PC or Mobile phone)
d. Follow the instructions on the website by entering the code and complete signing into your Microsoft account.

Q: How do I find my friends on their Microsoft account?
a. Now that you’ve signed into your Microsoft account, Click “Play” on the homescreen
b. Toggle to the right onto the “Friends” tab
c. Click the button to “Add Friend”
d. Find friends by entering their Microsoft Gamertag

Withnail

It looks like they'll both need to log in with Microsoft accounts (which are easy enough to set up if required) from what I can see online. They should then be able to find each other via their gamer tags.

Tiber

Easily. You could do it on a phone and switch.

Just have a look on Google and there will be plenty of detailed guides

20solskjaer

Not a phone and a switch

2 switches. No other devices
you can do it, my other half and daughter both play minecraft together on switch, you’ll need two copies of the game though

usually can be picked up for £20 at argos or somewhere

both need to register microsoft accounts then log in to them on the switch, they can add each other as friends and then play together