2015/16 Managerial Roulette

Skills

Snitch
I know a lot is made of how we ended up with Moyes when Fergie retired, when the likes of Pep and co were moving and looking for jobs.

This one has turned out just as bad for us :

Liverpool -> Klopp - wins a Champions League
Man City -> Guardiola - dominates the Premier League
Chelsea -? Conte - wins a PL title in his first season & leaves with an FA Cup

Man Utd -> a past it Jose Mourinho - win a Europa League :lol: That too with the worst football out of all of them.

Raw

It was all just bad timing for us unfortunately. These managers seem to be available at a point where sacking ours wouldn't be fair. And City were planning for Pep for ages so our chance to get him at that point wasn't as strong, since City had developed the perfect set up for him.

Though if Pep and Klopp were suddenly available I'd get them and sack Ole without a second thought.

Skills

Snitch
It was all just bad timing for us unfortunately. These managers seem to be available at a point where sacking ours wouldn't be fair. And City were planning for Pep for ages so our chance to get him at that point wasn't as strong, since City had developed the perfect set up for him.

Though if Pep and Klopp were suddenly available I'd get them and sack Ole without a second thought.
Great clubs don't give a shit about what's fair or sentimentality. Was it fair that Pellegrini got sacked by Madrid after getting 96 points? Or when they sacked Capello after he won them a title (2x).

You need to always do what you can to improve. If you have a good manager, but you feel someone better is available you make the change. It's the same with players.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

The second bolded part is why the first isn't true. Nothing to do with timing. Everything to do with poor decision making from the decision makers. Lack of forward thinking, wanting a quick fix to a problem. City have been building something for years. Liverpool are doing the same now.

Klopp didn't come because we are Disneyland. That's nothing to do with timing, that's everything to do with our senior board and the people they employ.

Raw

Great clubs don't give a shit about what's fair or sentimentality. Was it fair that Pellegrini got sacked by Madrid after getting 96 points? Or when they sacked Capello after he won them a title (2x).

You need to always do what you can to improve. If you have a good manager, but you feel someone better is available you make the change. It's the same with players.
I agree with being ruthless, but it just didn't seem like the right time for us to sack LVG. Just starting his second season after getting us 4th with a glimpse of how good his football can be with that run late in the previous season. Had we sacked him for Klopp it wouldn't have painted a pretty picture for future managers who'd want job stability. Rodgers on the other hand had come off a poor season (6th, out in the CL groups) so sacking him didn't look as classless. Especially when he started 15/16 poorly too and he had been at the club for a while anyway.

In hindsight it's easy to say we should have got them but at the time we seemed happy with what we had until it was too late.

The second bolded part is why the first isn't true. Nothing to do with timing. Everything to do with poor decision making from the decision makers. Lack of forward thinking, wanting a quick fix to a problem. City have been building something for years. Liverpool are doing the same now.

Klopp didn't come because we are Disneyland. That's nothing to do with timing, that's everything to do with our senior board and the people they employ.
Well yeah if we actually planned on creating an environment for the sole purpose of getting a specific manager like Pep we'd get him. Bad planning and silly decisions is what this club is all about post Fergie.

If we followed that same principle now, who would we aim for? I'd say Pochettino but with Ole having just signed we'd have to wait a while unless our crap results continue.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Well yeah if we actually planned on creating an environment for the sole purpose of getting a specific manager like Pep we'd get him. Bad planning and silly decisions is what this club is all about post Fergie.

If we followed that same principle now, who would we aim for? I'd say Pochettino but with Ole having just signed we'd have to wait a while unless our crap results continue.
That's the big thing for me. Ole is here now & I hope he turns it around in the summer but Woody & Glazers need to stop taking us all for a ride. We need to decide where we want to go, plan for the future and create a coherent structure to set the club up for long term success.

That's what frustrates me the most as a fan. The thought that we're not doing everything in our power to get back to the top. We rake in record amounts, massive fan-base. They should be ashamed of the culture they have created around the club.

Other clubs are putting them to absolute shame. Liverpool were nowhere a few years ago and look what can be achieved when you have a plan together.

To go 6 years in the wilderness and counting is embarrassing on the part of the owners.

Charlie Yu

You can put any of these managers at our club, and they won’t win anything. The problem is higher management.

FFK Norway

Supports
Fredrikstad FK and Brighton
It is really funny how plastic supporters think United can walk on water. There is no way even in hell that Pochettio would sign for united never never ever. He can get super wages in other clubs to if that matters. But I don't think it do.

For managers like Klopp and such they put their name on a contract were they belive they get to build something good. They don't sign for Peter Pan clubs like United.

Sadly Ole has and the only way he has a chance is if he get to decide things. But it's probably Ed player manager Woodward that will decide it all.
United is done. It's debts are massive. New fans of football go to clubs like spurs, City and pool. Even think Brighton is getting more new fans than united. But it's no wonder. Everything around the club is toxic and it start with the fans.

I'm going to search for other United forums see I can find a forum with less plastic fans. I get sick of reading on this forum I don't think more than maybe 30% of you deserve success rest of you are just toxic fecktards and you deserve the United you have now.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
It is really funny how plastic supporters think United can walk on water. There is no way even in hell that Pochettio would sign for united never never ever. He can get super wages in other clubs to if that matters. But I don't think it do.

For managers like Klopp and such they put their name on a contract were they belive they get to build something good. They don't sign for Peter Pan clubs like United.

Sadly Ole has and the only way he has a chance is if he get to decide things. But it's probably Ed player manager Woodward that will decide it all.
United is done. It's debts are massive. New fans of football go to clubs like spurs, City and pool. Even think Brighton is getting more new fans than united. But it's no wonder. Everything around the club is toxic and it start with the fans.

I'm going to search for other United forums see I can find a forum with less plastic fans. I get sick of reading on this forum I don't think more than maybe 30% of you deserve success rest of you are just toxic fecktards and you deserve the United you have now.
How do the fans deserve for the club to be rinsed and cleaned out by the Glazers? We had zero debt before they came and put their debt onto the club almost 15 years ago.

They haven't put one penny into the club but have taken out over £2billion.

It starts with the fans? That's rich. You are clearly ignorant. You haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

FFK Norway

Supports
Fredrikstad FK and Brighton
How do the fans deserve for the club to be rinsed and cleaned out by the Glazers? We had zero debt before they came and put their debt onto the club almost 15 years ago.

They haven't put one penny into the club but have taken out over £2billion.

It starts with the fans? That's rich. You are clearly ignorant. You haven't got a clue what you are talking about.
Well you are clearly one of the 30% that deserve better. But go read through the posts. Half of them are about quick fix. Other half about throwing out the manager.

In Rainbows

Our problem is that we're cursed with so many fans adopting the "back your manager" crap. As a result, we're persisting with managers who aren't going to succeed and other clubs have a better pick of manager. The reason why we had no chance at Klopp is due to still being stuck with Van Gaal when Klopp was there for the taking. It's why I don't believe in this Disneyland stuff had any big impact. Liverpool sacked Brendan in the middle of the season and Klopp was available.

Sterling Archer

:)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Just utter nonsense mixed with some over emotional flouncing

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

State of this post.

Bestietom

Champions League.
Klopp done it in 3 years... How long before Pep wins it, with all the money he has.
Bringing in the right players in the weakest positions is the answer.
Good scouting without having to pay a fortune for players.

JohnnyKills

That probably suggests we should start being more ruthless doesn't it.

JohnnyKills

Our problem is that we're cursed with so many fans adopting the "back your manager" crap. As a result, we're persisting with managers who aren't going to succeed and other clubs have a better pick of manager. The reason why we had no chance at Klopp is due to still being stuck with Van Gaal when Klopp was there for the taking. It's why I don't believe in this Disneyland stuff had any big impact. Liverpool sacked Brendan in the middle of the season and Klopp was available.
Do agree that part of our problem is that our fanbase has this weird obsession with showing their loyalty. Maybe they feel it's their time to prove themselves after the gloryhunter years.

Not sure we could have got Klopp though. Genuinely think Woodward fecked that up.

We need to think long and hard about our next manager though. That means identifying all the potential candidates and finding the one who's best-suited to take us forward. If we have to get rid of Solskjaer because we only have a short window of opportunity, so be it.

Joseunited

:lol: What are you on about. and cheerio, you wont be missed.

Ekeke

I know a lot is made of how we ended up with Moyes when Fergie retired, when the likes of Pep and co were moving and looking for jobs.

Man Utd -> a past it Jose Mourinho - win a Europa League :lol: That too with the worst football out of all of them.
But Mourinho is a genius.

At least thats what the cafe told me for years before he signed up with us

Skills

Snitch
Do agree that part of our problem is that our fanbase has this weird obsession with showing their loyalty. Maybe they feel it's their time to prove themselves after the gloryhunter years.

Not sure we could have got Klopp though. Genuinely think Woodward fecked that up.

We need to think long and hard about our next manager though. That means identifying all the potential candidates and finding the one who's best-suited to take us forward. If we have to get rid of Solskjaer because we only have a short window of opportunity, so be it.
I think people confuse this adult disneyland crap. The reason we're not an attractive club for someone like Klopp, is why we were Mourinho's dream job for years. The managers seat is suited for a control freak like a Mourinho or a Sir Alex Ferguson.

I can see someone like Klopp - a manager who's main interest is in coaching & improving his players, and has always worked in a much more structured club. Not liking being told he'll have much more responsibility & power. It'll detract from what he really wants to - which is coach his players.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I have no idea what you are talking about, nor do I care.

He's saying a large portion of this forum's United fans are spoilt little brats, and he's not wrong.
I was attempting a joke which obviously was misplaced. Sorry.

POF

United is a horrendously poorly run club at the moment but I think you're being far too dismissive of their ability to attract a top manager and the impact that manager could have.

Liverpool were seen as a poorly run club before Klopp arrived. Everyone laughed at their "transfer committee" and "moneyball" guff. As Fergie showed under these very owners at United, success on the pitch can mask a lot of issues and can provide a direction that unites the club in a common direction.

Pochettino too had a massive impact on how Daniel Levy is perceived because he is a really good coach who has over performed for a sustained period.

As for United being "done" because of the debt, that is clearly not true. The debt is at very manageable levels for a club with such huge turnover and they still spend huge sums on transfer fees and wages. They spend it really poorly and senior management is incompetent but if they manage to stumble on a successful manager (like Spurs did when United poached Van Gaal ahead of them) things can turn around and quickly.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

we have a British core. That's an achievement.